TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Michigan's Adventure (MiA) Discussion Thread

Well, there is now the potential of receiving KBF Boomerang with the announcement of its removal at the end of April. It would be a good fit for MiA, even if it is a Boomerang.

Helps that there aren't any Boomerangs nearby. The nearest one is at SFSTL, with the next closest ones being at Hershey and WoF. The end of April removal would allow a renovation before/during a potential move

The Bat at Canada's Wonderland and Boomerang at Darien Lake would like a word with you. But yes, Michigan's Adventure would be a good home for Knott's Berry Farm's Boomerang as there's nothing like it in the area. The park would also be able to market it as "the first of its kind in Michigan".

Or Six Flags New England & Lake Compounce

You kind of went too far. But, if you're including those Boomerang coasters, we might as well bring Le Boomerang at La Ronde into the mix.

According to Bing maps, They're 41.1 miles away from each other. La Ronde is over 300 miles from SFNE.

Well, there is now the potential of receiving KBF Boomerang with the announcement of its removal at the end of April. It would be a good fit for MiA, even if it is a Boomerang.

Helps that there aren't any Boomerangs nearby. The nearest one is at SFSTL, with the next closest ones being at Hershey and WoF. The end of April removal would allow a renovation before/during a potential move

The Bat at Canada's Wonderland and Boomerang at Darien Lake would like a word with you. But yes, Michigan's Adventure would be a good home for Knott's Berry Farm's Boomerang as there's nothing like it in the area. The park would also be able to market it as "the first of its kind in Michigan".

Or Six Flags New England & Lake Compounce

You kind of went too far. But, if you're including those Boomerang coasters, we might as well bring Le Boomerang at La Ronde into the mix.

According to Bing maps, They're 41.1 miles away from each other. La Ronde is over 300 miles from SFNE.

In regards to my response to you of being too far, I was only referring to the Boomerang coasters being closest to Michigan's Adventure, not the parks you had mentioned.

I think Boomerang would have a perfect fit at Michigan's Adventure, especially if they got some new trains for it like on the Flying Cobras. Boomerangs aren't that bad in my opinion, they aren't super rough, they are quite intense going backwards, the the GP love it since it goes backwards. i mean, Michigan's Adventure doesn't pull in a lot of guests so capacity wouldn't be an issue. And who knows, maybe Cedar Fair will have picked up just a few more classic flats by then and they could install it with the Boomerang. I know I'm dreaming pretty big though.

I think Boomerang would have a perfect fit at Michigan's Adventure, especially if they got some new trains for it like on the Flying Cobras. Boomerangs aren't that bad in my opinion, they aren't super rough, they are quite intense going backwards, the the GP love it since it goes backwards. i mean, Michigan's Adventure doesn't pull in a lot of guests so capacity wouldn't be an issue. And who knows, maybe Cedar Fair will have picked up just a few more classic flats by then and they could install it with the Boomerang. I know I'm dreaming pretty big though.

Personally, I do see Michigan Adventure's next coaster in 2018, but I think it'll be a Motobike Coaster (a clone of the one at Darien Lake), in addition to a Pipe Scream style ride or a Trokia. They said they want to keep it as a family park, so that way the thrill seekers go to Cedar Point and the younger kids go to Michigan's Adventure, so I don't actually see Boomerang going there. In Cedar Fair's opinion, they have a big steel coaster and a big wooden coaster, so I only see family coasters from here on out. I don't see any coaster "more thrilling" than Sierra Sidewinder ever coming to this park in the future unless they change the park's direction, which is rare.

^^^

I'd love to see a Zamperla motorbike coaster! Those things are so cute and fun! Although I wouldn't think they'd get two flat rides along with a coaster, especially a completely new one. But who knows. I just wish Cedar Fair payed a little more attention to this park. The last new ride was the Flying Scooters in 2013. I get that they want the park to be more family oriented, but couldn't they have some sort of new addition every year? Even just a kiddie ride or a restaurant to show that they actually care about the park. I'd love to see this park get like a Breakdance or a Troika or even a drop tower. I wonder why Cedar Fair didn't purchase the S&S Double Shot from Loudoun Castle. I think it was still for sale when they went through Scotland and picked up the Troika. They originally went to Loudoun to look at the old Schwarzkopf looper but thought it would be too much work and instead bought the Troika.

I could also see the parks trabant ride being replaced soon as well.

http://www.themeparkreview.com/parks/p_200_7778_michigans_adventure_trabant

This ride is a blast, but it's gotta be reaching the end of it's life.

The trabant was just sent to Chance a couple years ago and got a complete refurb.

I could also see the parks trabant ride being replaced soon as well.

http://www.themeparkreview.com/parks/p_200_7778_michigans_adventure_trabant

This ride is a blast, but it's gotta be reaching the end of it's life.

The trabant was just sent to Chance a couple years ago and got a complete refurb.

The Chance refurb was actually I think was in 2005/06 if I remember correctly. Was when quite a few of the Chance rides had full refurbs. Even though this was one of the two rides from Bob-lo Island when it closed, these Trabants are pretty hardy. And it's all pretty common parts that run it so it's not like it's a rare custom job, like other rides from other companies.

I really hope Cedar Fair picks up other classic rides. I'd love to have a Enterprise and/or a Troika here. Heck, even bring back back the old Monster that's still part of a traveling fair in California.

• 1 month later...
From what I've heard earlier on this thread, MiA doesn't have a good relationship with Chance after they got a faulty train or something. So I wouldn't count on a Chance roller coaster. I think a small euro-fighter is also much more likely costwise. A G-TX or Superman clone would cost about $7-8 million dollars, and a small euro-fighter (like the one at Nickelodeon Universe) would cost $3 million.

Yeah I'm not sure where that came from. Yes, they've been wanting to get a 2nd train for Timbertown Railway for a few years now, but I can tell you it's not a Chance. It was from some company out west that builds and restores replicas, but they're nowhere near the quality of them as a Chance CP Huntington as why they're having issues with it. This year is the closest I've ever seen it getting ready so could see it appear sometime mid-July.

The park still has a good standing with Chance, considering that they have 6 rides from them and send parts to them for refurbs. If that was the case, then they wouldn't even deal with Chance when it comes to those things.

We'll see what 2017 brings us. We already know that they're building a giant maintenance building behind the new Training Center and connecting to the county's sewer system, there's a ton of options for expansion coming. There's quite a few options, but we'll see how things go.

They do have a second train, and it was built by the company out west, Katiland, from what i've heard it has only run a few times

From what I've heard earlier on this thread, MiA doesn't have a good relationship with Chance after they got a faulty train or something. So I wouldn't count on a Chance roller coaster. I think a small euro-fighter is also much more likely costwise. A G-TX or Superman clone would cost about $7-8 million dollars, and a small euro-fighter (like the one at Nickelodeon Universe) would cost $3 million.

Yeah I'm not sure where that came from. Yes, they've been wanting to get a 2nd train for Timbertown Railway for a few years now, but I can tell you it's not a Chance. It was from some company out west that builds and restores replicas, but they're nowhere near the quality of them as a Chance CP Huntington as why they're having issues with it. This year is the closest I've ever seen it getting ready so could see it appear sometime mid-July.

The park still has a good standing with Chance, considering that they have 6 rides from them and send parts to them for refurbs. If that was the case, then they wouldn't even deal with Chance when it comes to those things.

We'll see what 2017 brings us. We already know that they're building a giant maintenance building behind the new Training Center and connecting to the county's sewer system, there's a ton of options for expansion coming. There's quite a few options, but we'll see how things go.

They do have a second train, and it was built by the company out west, Katiland, from what i've heard it has only run a few times

Go back to last summer when I spent a week there whilst they tested the train to finally open it, it took days to finally get it certified lol. And yeah they had it for nearly four or five years before finally putting it into service late last summer. And yes I also believe you are correct in saying it wasn't built by chance. I believe I had posted a photo of it testing too, cant recall 100% though.

edit: The photos are on page 152

Most of the canopy's are back on the water slides. Park is looking more alive now. New maintenance building looks done. . Opening week only a couple weeks away! No Boomerang track on site yet lol Walked the bike trail right behind the park and got a couple quick cell phone pics

st1.thumb.jpg.0e6f09ebe9d87754370a60882c47481a.jpg

st1.thumb.png.8a8d937929dc394489e9c78fb35a1677.png

I'll be visiting the park on Saturday May 27 when I'm in the area. I was hoping to hit both Michigan's Adventure and Indiana Beach in the same day. I think I would get to Michigan's Adventure around 11:30 am, which is a half hour after opening. In order to get to Indiana Beach, I probably can only spend 3.5-4 hours there but based on everyone's input on this forum, I should be fine since the water park seems to be the main draw. I just plan to ride the coasters once with the exception of Shivering Timbers (I want several rerides).

Based on older posts, I should hit Mad Mouse and Wolverine Wildcat first since they will get the worst waits. Approximately how bad is the worst wait for these coasters on a Saturday? A half hour? I'm not opposed to getting a Fast Lane if needed since it isn't too expensive, but it seems like I should be able to get the rides done without one.

I'll be visiting the park on Saturday May 27 when I'm in the area. I was hoping to hit both Michigan's Adventure and Indiana Beach in the same day. I think I would get to Michigan's Adventure around 11:30 am, which is a half hour after opening. In order to get to Indiana Beach, I probably can only spend 3.5-4 hours there but based on everyone's input on this forum, I should be fine since the water park seems to be the main draw. I just plan to ride the coasters once with the exception of Shivering Timbers (I want several rerides).

Based on older posts, I should hit Mad Mouse and Wolverine Wildcat first since they will get the worst waits. Approximately how bad is the worst wait for these coasters on a Saturday? A half hour? I'm not opposed to getting a Fast Lane if needed since it isn't too expensive, but it seems like I should be able to get the rides done without one.

That early in the season you should be fine. You may want a couple rerides on Thunderhawk. The park keeps up on it so well. Its tracks great and is by far the best SLC out there.