TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Michigan's Adventure (MiA) Discussion Thread

Geauga Lake, but that was long before Matt Ouimet took over Cedar Fair. Back then ride relocations were pretty common.

The relocated coasters from Geauga Lake were nowhere near 27 years old, I believe there were all less than 10 years old. Of course it makes sense to move coasters from a closed park when the coasters still have years left in them.

How about you read the thread to figure out that I was trying to make a point, or just 'ef off. Someone mentioned that Matt Ouimet's regime does not like to relocate rides. Someone argued, then what would you call Carolina Cobras? (implying that it was relocated), and so I replied emphasizing that even though it was relocated, it was relocated at a time when Matt Ouimet was not the CEO. My point is that it was common for rides to be relocated then, not just from Geauga Lake, but not now, thus agreeing with the original poster who said Matt Ouimet's regime does not like to relocate rides.

I've posted this elsewhere, but I still like my idea of a ride rotation for Cedar Fair:

- Remove Steel Venom from Valleyfair, send it to Great America

- Remove Flight Deck from Canada's Wonderland, send it to Valleyfair (replaces Steel Venom)

- Remove the Time Warp Flying Coaster from Canada's Wonderland, send it to Michigans Adventure for 2018

- Build Giant new Banshee-like Inverted B&M (3 trains) for Canada's Wonderland due to their enormous attendance

Remove Steel Venom from Valleyfair, send it to Great America

- Remove Flight Deck from Canada's Wonderland, send it to Valleyfair (replaces Steel Venom)

What did VF do to you? Why would you punish VF by taking away their only Intamin and replace it with a Vekoma?

Geauga Lake, but that was long before Matt Ouimet took over Cedar Fair. Back then ride relocations were pretty common.

The relocated coasters from Geauga Lake were nowhere near 27 years old, I believe there were all less than 10 years old. Of course it makes sense to move coasters from a closed park when the coasters still have years left in them.

How about you read the thread to figure out that I was trying to make a point, or just 'ef off. Someone mentioned that Matt Ouimet's regime does not like to relocate rides. Someone argued, then what would you call Carolina Cobras? (implying that it was relocated), and so I replied emphasizing that even though it was relocated, it was relocated at a time when Matt Ouimet was not the CEO. My point is that it was common for rides to be relocated then, not just from Geauga Lake, but not now, thus agreeing with the original poster who said Matt Ouimet's regime does not like to relocate rides.

I'm not sure why you got so offended but my reply, if you read the whole site, you would realize I don't like to quote multiple posts and generally only quote the most recent relevant post. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed your last post on TPR.

Remove Steel Venom from Valleyfair, send it to Great America

What did VF do to you? Why would you punish VF by taking away their only Intamin and replace it with a Vekoma?

I've posted this elsewhere, but I still like my idea of a ride rotation for Cedar Fair:

- Remove Steel Venom from Valleyfair, send it to Great America, Replace it with a B&M Coaster using the Challenge park area

- Remove Flight Deck from Canada's Wonderland, Replace it with a show with Whoopi Goldberg

- Remove the Time Warp Flying Coaster from Canada's Wonderland, Replace it with a Lemonade Stand

- Build Giant new Banshee-like Inverted B&M (3 trains) for Canada's Wonderland due to their enormous attendance

Fixed

- Remove Steel Venom from Valleyfair, send it to Great America, Replace it with a B&M Coaster using the Challenge park area

- Remove Flight Deck from Canada's Wonderland, Replace it with a show with Whoopi Goldberg

- Remove the Time Warp Flying Coaster from Canada's Wonderland, Replace it with a Lemonade Stand

Fixed

That's cool. I didn't realize you could change quotes like that. Haha!

• 3 weeks later...

Fixed

That's cool. I didn't realize you could change quotes like that. Haha!

Oh yes I've had to do that a few times on here already. I was so rusted the first time that it took me several tries. I haven't played with codes since my MySpace days of yesteryear. Also, I was unknowingly clocking "submit" instead of preview, which resulted in several back-to-back posts that were nearly identical. I was actually too embarrassed of myself to apologize in that thread.

On a separate note, we almost went to Michigan's adventure and King's Island in addition to our 2015 Cedar Point Trip, but last minute changes in work schedule caused us to pick just one park, and that was Cedar Point, though I'm not complaining! It was my first visit after 4 years of wanting to go and it exceeded my expectations! I visited King's Island first in 2011 and had a blast there as well. Yet to do Michigan's adventure though, and I know it is not on par with those parks, and it shouldn't be expected to be, but I was so looking forward to the trick track on Shivering Timbers as I had never experienced trick track before. And I'm bummed I didn't get over there in time, but from what people are saying, I guess the trick track element wasn't all that great.

We did a Cedar Point/King's Island trip last August, marking my second time to both parks. And though we didn't plan to go to Michigan's Adventure, we inadvertently passed very close as the GPS took our driver up to route 94 from around Gary, Indiana. I was the only other one awake and I saw we were going through Kalamazoo and Battle Creek, but I didn't say anything. Nobody else, even driver, realized we were actually in Michigan until we got near Detroit! That would have been the perfect day to add another day to the trip and check out Michigan's Adventure. And if anybody wonders why we did King's Island first it is because they were only opened to the public for a few hours that Friday. If I remember right, they weren't opening to the public until 5PM (Private party?) so we reversed the trip at the last minute.

I was so looking forward to the trick track on Shivering Timbers as I had never experienced trick track before. And I'm bummed I didn't get over there in time, but from what people are saying, I guess the trick track element wasn't all that great.

According to rcdb, Shivering Timbers was the only coaster with trick track so I understand your excitement. Trick track is a pointless element so you didn't miss anything. If you want an idea of what it's like then hit a pothole or drive fast over a speed bump. The hill that replaced the trick track is an improvement and has me excited.

I actually really liked the trick track. I found that if you throw your body in the direction the track is twisting--not just lean, but throw your body that way--it was not painful at all and instead was really fun.

I agree, I loved the trick track.

I could see it being somewhat useful if you go on a Saturday in July or August, but generally when I go the queues are short enough to not make it worth it. That said, perhaps they may sell a number of these whereas they may not sell many one-day Fast Lane passes.

If it can be used on Wildcat and mad mouse then it is worth it. Drove by the warehouse is looking finished on the outside.

Shivering Timbers, Mad Mouse, and ThunderHawk are the only rides at Michigan's Adventure where FastLane would be useful on busy (i.e. hazy, hot, and humid weekends) days

1988 Wolverine Wildcat

1998 Shivering Timbers

2008 ThunderHawk

2018 ...?

HAHA JKJK,. We know that isnt happening. Hopefully they can build a belt to lift Mine Shafts family tubes up the hill. That would be a massive improvement.

1988 Wolverine Wildcat

1998 Shivering Timbers

2008 ThunderHawk

2018 ...?

HAHA JKJK,. We know that isnt happening. Hopefully they can build a belt to lift Mine Shafts family tubes up the hill. That would be a massive improvement.

Cedar Fair could surprise us!! I have two guesses for what the next coaster will be: RMC Wildcat or a relocated coaster