La Ronde Discussion Thread

P. 119 - Chaos Announced for 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Re: La Ronde Discussion Thread

Postby DirkFunk » Sat May 12, 2018 8:07 am

OK, for those who have this place as their local park or people who've been recently: I'm planning on going on a Saturday in June because that's the time I've got to use. I literally don't have another weekend or day and don't even tell me about "if you go on _______" because NO NO NO.

That being said, I need 5 credits here: Goliath, Boomerang, Dragon, Super Manege, Toboggan Nordique. Do I start with Goliath or do I start with Toboggan Nordique and Boomerang since their capacity is the drizzling $#!+$? I am accepting I may not ride La Monstre because this is a retarded theme park. I am accepting that I may not ride Vampire again because this is a retarded theme park. I would like to ride the flat rides that are big, but...you guessed it. This is a retarded theme park. I technically need the Mini Mine Train but....yeah. Oh and I'd like to ride that thing that has cars shaped like train cars and goes around theming, or the monorail, but like, is it so retarded that someone at the park by themseles won't be let on or get yelled at for phototaking from a scenic attraction intended for people to take pictures on?

I need your help, guys. I really don't want to get a QBot here. I really, really don't want to give them my money. It isn't like they'd do anything competent with it anyways. It's not the lack of $15 pizza/fry meals being bought that makes this place so bad.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Sat May 12, 2018 8:19 am

God, just thinking about that is giving me PTSD.

Toboggan Nordique‘s operations are atrocious. I mean... that’s true for every ride but holy hell. When we went it was one of the 3 coasters that opened with the park and not 2 hours later so I guess that’s a plus. Who knows if that’s always the case though...

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby booink » Sat May 12, 2018 10:03 am

^^Looks like you pretty much "got" the park already, so with that out of the way, to strictly answer your questions...
Toboggan Nordique first, the capacity is atrocious, then Boomerang, then Super Manège, then go to the back of the park and ride Le Dragon (also has a poor capacity), and ride Goliath last, it's one of the few rides that's operated properly in the park.

Skip Le Monstre, trust me it's not worth the wait especially since they introduced the PTC trains a few years ago.

Depending on how much time you have, you *maybe* could get a ride on Vampire if you're lucky, usually its operations aren't too bad and out of the few Batman clones I've ridden it's my favorite, I find it a little more forceful than the others for some reason.

They won't let you go on the Mini-Mine train coaster unless you're with a kid, so skip it.

For the last ride you're asking about, I'm unsure if you're talking about the monorail or the train ride in the kid's section, so : if you're talking about the monorail they will let you in even if you're a single rider, if you're talking about the kiddy ride they won't unless you're with a kid.

Hope this helps, if you have any other questions don't hesitate and good luck on your visit :)
Favorites :
Steel : Maverick, Wicked Cyclone, Superman: the ride (SFNE)
Wood : El Toro, Phoenix, Lightning Racers
Total coaster count : 134

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sat May 12, 2018 10:12 am

I don't remember the Flash Pass costing too much if you really needed it. Having said that, I'd start with the Toboggan, Boomerang, and Dragon since those are the three worst capacities.

One other note is entering the park. During my visit, the main entrance had a 2 hour security line (I kid you not). I learned after the fact there also is a second entrance in the back. However if you arrive right at opening, I hope you don't have this nightmare of a line like me.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus
Most Recent Trip Reports- Lake Winnepesaukah & Alabama Splash Adventure

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Sat May 12, 2018 11:55 am

booink wrote:^^Looks like you pretty much "got" the park already, so with that out of the way, to strictly answer your questions...
Toboggan Nordique first, the capacity is atrocious, then Boomerang, then Super Manège, then go to the back of the park and ride Le Dragon (also has a poor capacity), and ride Goliath last, it's one of the few rides that's operated properly in the park.

If I get there 30 minutes prior to opening and line up, how gnarly is the line into the park gonna be? I expect to be cut often going up to the metal detector, but like whatever, I'm not gonna fist fight some kid. TBH I'm considering buying a pack of menthols and smoking in the park just to fit in.

Skip Le Monstre, trust me it's not worth the wait especially since they introduced the PTC trains a few years ago.

I'm a big time wood coaster guy but I did get on it last time I was there. I know it won't race. I'm still interested no matter how bad it is, but I'm guessing one train operation on one track, right?

Depending on how much time you have, you *maybe* could get a ride on Vampire if you're lucky, usually its operations aren't too bad and out of the few Batman clones I've ridden it's my favorite, I find it a little more forceful than the others for some reason.

Open-Close. Or at least "until I get mad".

If I want to eat food, I eat everything and anything. Is there a specific restaurant that might be less popular than others? Or something that's always generally quick to get out to customers?

They won't let you go on the Mini-Mine train coaster unless you're with a kid, so skip it.

Figured that was still the case. Ah well.

For the last ride you're asking about, I'm unsure if you're talking about the monorail or the train ride in the kid's section, so : if you're talking about the monorail they will let you in even if you're a single rider, if you're talking about the kiddy ride they won't unless you're with a kid.

Both. The kiddie ride is an original from Expo 67 and is actively interesting to me because its actually got theming bits, but I figured there was a possibility it was a "no adults allowed" situation. Monorail though I'm excited to go on. Hopefully the wait isn't too crazy.

Thanks for the answers though!

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby booink » Sat May 12, 2018 12:22 pm

DirkFunk wrote:If I get there 30 minutes prior to opening and line up, how gnarly is the line into the park gonna be? I expect to be cut often going up to the metal detector, but like whatever, I'm not gonna fist fight some kid. TBH I'm considering buying a pack of menthols and smoking in the park just to fit in.

Would like to help but can't really say from my experience, because I never go at opening time since I live 15 minutes away so I have no reason to. However I did hear from many friends that the line at the entrance can be really really bad, so perhaps trying to get in from the back entrance near Goliath wouldn't be a bad idea. Plus, I personnally find the back entrance prettier than the main.

DirkFunk wrote:I'm a big time wood coaster guy but I did get on it last time I was there. I know it won't race. I'm still interested no matter how bad it is, but I'm guessing one train operation on one track, right?

Correct, but that's implying that both tracks will be open, and if they are, not only they can't race but they also can't ride *at all* at the same time (so even if the loading is over on one track, they might have to wait for the other track's train to be back into station before dispatching). Each train can only hold twenty people, and spoiler alert, that never happens. The ride is very rough with the new PTCs. So if you REALLY REALLY want to ride it, it's your call... But I can't recommend it.

DirkFunk wrote:If I want to eat food, I eat everything and anything. Is there a specific restaurant that might be less popular than others? Or something that's always generally quick to get out to customers?

There isn't much interessing stuff restaurant-wise at the park, but the Lafleur near Vampire/SkyScreamer is decent and relatively quick.

DirkFunk wrote:Both. The kiddie ride is an original from Expo 67 and is actively interesting to me because its actually got theming bits, but I figured there was a possibility it was a "no adults allowed" situation. Monorail though I'm excited to go on. Hopefully the wait isn't too crazy.

The only theming on the train ride is the cow that moos when the train passes nearby, and you can see it without getting on the ride. Monorail is indeed fun, the wait may seem really long but it's usually not too bad because the trains have a very high capacity. I would suggest you board at the station at the back of the park (on top of the back entrance) instead of the station near the main entrance, the wait is usually least long over there and you can stay onride when you arrive at the main station if you wish to do a full tour.
Favorites :
Steel : Maverick, Wicked Cyclone, Superman: the ride (SFNE)
Wood : El Toro, Phoenix, Lightning Racers
Total coaster count : 134

I Love Donkeys!

Postby qwimjim » Tue May 22, 2018 6:47 am

DirkFunk wrote:OK, for those who have this place as their local park or people who've been recently: I'm planning on going on a Saturday in June because that's the time I've got to use. I literally don't have another weekend or day and don't even tell me about "if you go on _______" because NO NO NO.

That being said, I need 5 credits here: Goliath, Boomerang, Dragon, Super Manege, Toboggan Nordique. Do I start with Goliath or do I start with Toboggan Nordique and Boomerang since their capacity is the drizzling $#!+$? I am accepting I may not ride La Monstre because this is a retarded theme park. I am accepting that I may not ride Vampire again because this is a retarded theme park. I would like to ride the flat rides that are big, but...you guessed it. This is a retarded theme park. I technically need the Mini Mine Train but....yeah. Oh and I'd like to ride that thing that has cars shaped like train cars and goes around theming, or the monorail, but like, is it so retarded that someone at the park by themseles won't be let on or get yelled at for phototaking from a scenic attraction intended for people to take pictures on?

I need your help, guys. I really don't want to get a QBot here. I really, really don't want to give them my money. It isn't like they'd do anything competent with it anyways. It's not the lack of $15 pizza/fry meals being bought that makes this place so bad.

I went on Sunday, got there at noon, Monstre wasn't open yet, went to Goliath, walked on and did 5 rides in a row, went back to Le Monstre, it was open, did two rides then a line started forming, Had some Mcdonalds which costs pretty much the same as any other mcdonalds in quebec, and then did 5 rides on vampire around 2:00, all walk-on front row. I wasn't alone but there was a couple of singles that got on the monorail, and everyone was taking pictures. Every ride was walk on, or at most a one train wait when we left at 3:00 except for le monstre it was at 30 min.

This was my first visit, I truly don't get the hate people have for this park, first of all it's six flags, i mean you're paying $60 a year for unlimited use of a dozen parks, what are you guys expecting? If I use it 10 times they're making $6 a day from me. It's not Disney at $100/day.

I was pretty satisfied with my $6 :) Goliath is a great ride

Postby coasterbill » Tue May 22, 2018 6:52 am

DIdn't it rain in the morning with more rain in the forecast that never materialized (likely keeping crowds away)?

Your experience isn't typical because the park was unimaginably dead based on that report and the stars pretty much aligned for you. Trust me, we go into Six Flags parks with reasonable expectations. This place is historically terrible.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby qwimjim » Tue May 22, 2018 7:11 am

coasterbill wrote:DIdn't it rain in the morning with more rain in the forecast that never materialized (likely keeping crowds away)?

Your experience isn't typical because the park was unimaginably dead based on that report and the stars pretty much aligned for you. Trust me, we go into Six Flags parks with reasonable expectations. This place is historically terrible.

it rained in the early early morning but the forecast was for sun all day and it was a beautiful day. maybe everyone went saturday, which was opening day for the season. but even then someone on reddit said wait times were 10min max on everything except monstre.. i wasn't even going to go opening weekend thinking it would be packed but i went based on his report and there was even less people. it was great

i had the same experience at great adventure a couple weeks ago on a beautiful saturday. some waits for kingda ka, 15-20 min but mostly because it broke down a couple times. el toro had no waits all day, same with nitro..

i'm going to go again next weekend and i'll report back, have you guys gone in may before? maybe it just gets crazy once school lets out end of june?

Postby DirkFunk » Tue May 22, 2018 9:35 am

qwimjim wrote:i'm going to go again next weekend and i'll report back, have you guys gone in may before? maybe it just gets crazy once school lets out end of june?

I tried. The park didn't open because of passing showers hours earlier on Victoria Day 2004. The staff stayed, however, because they are union, behind padlocked gates. And they ran rides. Empty rides. Possibly for hours.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!