Blackpool Pleasure Beach (BPB) Discussion Thread

P. 118 - Icon Front Seat POV and Rider Cam!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Re: Blackpool Pleasure Beach (BPB) Discussion Thread

Postby ObeyTheShihTzu! » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:57 pm

I visited Blackpool Pleasure Beach many, many moons ago, and there is nothing that quite has the 'feel' of a British seaside pleasure beach! Of course, I'm sure I wouldn't recognize much of it today. I recall being amazed at how many rides were so similar to the old Steeplechase in Coney Island, NY. (Am embarrassed to admit my visit was so long ago that I don't even remember IF I rode the Wild Mouse. :lmao: (Though I'm sure I did.) What I DO recall were all the old seaside homes renting holiday rooms with big signs posted on their doors:
Do Not Bring fish and chips up into the rooms!
(Yes, of course I did! :br )

Alice

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:05 pm

historyfreak92 wrote:sighs! this is terrible! now england has been destroyed!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, man, I feel terrible for you. It must have been awful coming out of that coma and finding out about Brexit.
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Twister
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:11 pm

Valhalla has always been my {wet dream} fully realized of an EPIC flume ride, since I rode it back in 2006 and 2010.
Losing the Mouse will not diminish my desire to get back to BPB, and get wet all over again! :)
UK032_BlackpoolValhalla.jpg
My first view of Valhalla - stupid trees got in the way of the shot! TPR 2006 UK Tour.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby Arthur_Seaton » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:09 am

Total bummer. Makes absolute sense why they'd need to take the mouse out, but that really was a personal favorite and a ride that really summed up what the Pleasure Beach was all about for me. For anyone who didn't get to experience it, it was totally unique and hilariously aggressive. RIP mouse!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:19 am

Here's some retro Wild Mouse footage we shot in 2006...

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:37 am

Oh man, great video! What a crazy ride. I love the part in the video where you see one of our taller participants having to duck!

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:57 pm

LOL, thats so funny! I will miss the ride, a lot.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby djmcbell » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:53 am

robbalvey wrote:Here's some retro Wild Mouse footage we shot in 2006...

The Wild Mouse was insane. I really don't know how they got away with the track being so close to the lifthill that people had to duck under it. I'm not especially tall and I had to. That and you could see that track moving pretty violently as cars went over it - a tad nerve-wracking as you passed under.

My brother-in-law's son IS tall though, and we used to take him with us when he was in his teens (and he was taller than me then). We'd literally have to say to him that there's no way he was going on after a few years.

The airtime you got on those drops too - though punctuated by some very sudden and painful inclines - was tremendous. And all that with only a seatbelt (or the person in front). The 180 degree turns were similar, and I'd usually try to make them a bit softer for my wife in front.

It will be interesting to see what replaces it and Trauma Towers. Wonder if they're redeveloping that area and the fountains will go too (they've got to cost a lot, as well as the staff trying to get you to buy photos there - never seen anyone take them up on it). But after this, the Gold Mine and the closure of Noah's Ark, is anything safe?

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby Dar » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:20 pm

An aerial picture of the devastation has surfaced on facebook somehow, and found it's way onto Towers Street courtesy of Jamie: Image

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:48 pm

Putting everything in perspective...

The Big Box beside where Mousie was.....is Alice in Wonderland?

And the turreted dark ride to the right, is the Ghost Train ride?

Just checking here, thanks. :wink: I miss Mousie. <sad>
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!