Blackpool Pleasure Beach (BPB) Discussion Thread

P. 115: ICON officially opens on Friday, May 25th, 2018!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Re: Blackpool Pleasure Beach (BPB) Discussion Thread

Postby Brassinthegrass » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:50 am

...so when will Knoebel’s have it transported to their park?

I love donkeys more than me.

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:04 am

I don't care about them letting down the coaster community, I just care that they got rid of another killer ride who's footprint is such that there's no high capacity alternative staring them in the face. The reasons I liked Blackpool as much as I did 15 years ago are pretty much all gone now, so if its now just Morey's with bad teeth and less charm, why bother to make that trek again?

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby fraroc » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:37 am

Brassinthegrass wrote:...so when will Knoebel’s have it transported to their park?

Knoebels would probably want someone to build a completley new wooden wild mouse :)

That would be cool if that happened...

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:14 am

DirkFunk wrote:I don't care about them letting down the coaster community, I just care that they got rid of another killer ride who's footprint is such that there's no high capacity alternative staring them in the face. The reasons I liked Blackpool as much as I did 15 years ago are pretty much all gone now, so if its now just Morey's with bad teeth and less charm, why bother to make that trek again?

Even with the Mouse down for my visit, I still had a great time. Their collection of dark rides, wooden coasters, and Valhalla is top notch. And then they also have a hyper to boot.

Maybe a free fly or Sky Rocket II could fit in that space?
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Wildfire, Boulder Dash, El Toro
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Twisted Timbers
Top 5 Parks- Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Knoebels, Europa Park, Cedar Point, Disneyland

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby A.T.I » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:20 am

^A free fly is to long to fit in the area, and they aren't getting a Sky Rocket II. They've just bought Icon. I am betting on a swinging pendulum-style flat ride in Wild Mouse's spot for 2020, as they seem to invest in a new attraction around every 2 years.

For past reference, 2011 was Nickelodeon Land, 2013 was Wallace and Gromit T.O.M, 2015 was Sky Force, 2018 will be Icon (3 year difference but it is a larger investment), so a new ride in 2020 would make sense.
ATI Stands for Amusement Thrills International! =) =) =)

We were born to fly...

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:30 am

Brassinthegrass wrote:...so when will Playland(PNE) have it transported to their park?

Fixed. ;)

(We used to have a pretty rickety scary old Wild Mouse. But that got taken down
and replaced with the current West Coast Wheel. Not a great replacement, really.)
wild-mouse1.jpg
Photo from www.joyrides.com ~ R.I.P. Wild Mous
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

I love donkeys more than me.

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:05 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:Even with the Mouse down for my visit, I still had a great time. Their collection of dark rides, wooden coasters, and Valhalla is top notch. And then they also have a hyper to boot.

Is it probably a bad park now? Nah. Did it lose a bunch of stuff that I used to really like? Yeah. Did they actually bother to replace those things? Not always, and sometimes when they did it was with crap like the old TraumaTizer. I can't sit here and tell you about all the really awesome coasters they built and how at least I can get a bunch of credits because until Icon, they were getting new coasters at the same rate as Michigan's Adventure.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby XII » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:13 pm

Very saddened to hear about the sudden removal of Wild Mouse. I understand the logic of why they decided to remove the ride, but it still bums me out and was hoping to get to BPB soon and ride it. :(
Just because yours is smaller doesn't make you less of a man. Unless we're talking about your brain.
http://www.incrediblecoasters.com

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Location: Houston TX Former Astroworld since 1999, then Kemah Boardwalk

Postby historyfreak92 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:36 pm

sighs! this is terrible! now england has been destroyed!!!!!!!!!!

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Dombot » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:48 pm

historyfreak92 wrote:sighs! this is terrible! now england has been destroyed!!!!!!!!!!

That's a bit over-dramatic. Even though this is a huge loss, BPB still has a myriad of classic dark rides/attractions.
1. Mako 2. Kumba 3. Cheetah Hunt 4. Space Mountain (WDW) 5. Mine Blower

"Sometimes I mistake this for a universe that cares." ~Randall Munroe

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!