Blackpool Pleasure Beach (BPB) Discussion Thread

Page 99: Mack double launched coaster announced for 2018
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I teach at the school of donkey!

Re: Blackpool Pleasure Beach (BPB) Discussion Thread

Postby LeoBruz199 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:37 am

"Icon" is actually a really catchy name!

:nina:
Oh well, I guess I won't be riding any coasters any time soon... Within the next 10 minutes anyways. :airtime: :airtimer:

Best: Katun & iSpeed - Mirabilandia, Formula Rossa - Ferrari World, Oblivion - The Black Hole - Gardaland, Stealth - Thorpe Park

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby thedazza » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:28 pm

CSLKennyNI wrote:The footage also give the first hint of how the ride would be themed, with a red Japanese emblem embedded within the logo.

Yes it does hint at a Japanese theme. By the way, the Japanese emblem in the logo means "Speed".

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby matt12345 » Mon May 15, 2017 8:20 am

I've just been told the Wild Mouse is shut for good? is this true or is it just for the season?

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby Samuel » Wed May 24, 2017 7:17 pm

For the locals, how is Big One regarded these days? Is it still viewed as an intimidating star attraction w/ good ridership, or has its reputation waned over the years?

Postby snoflake15 » Thu May 25, 2017 2:41 am

matt12345 wrote:I've just been told the Wild Mouse is shut for good? is this true or is it just for the season?

Please let this not be the case! :(

I am annoying as f**k!!!

Postby Henry M » Thu May 25, 2017 3:57 am

^ Nooo! I need to get on this this year. :(
Note to self: don't be stupid...

Current top coaster = Expedition GeForce.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby TheoB » Thu May 25, 2017 4:10 am

Samuel wrote:For the locals, how is Big One regarded these days? Is it still viewed as an intimidating star attraction w/ good ridership, or has its reputation waned over the years?

The Big One is definitely the star attraction and its mostly the busiest ride except on very hot days, where Valhalla will be the busiest mainly due to its low capacity.

matt12345 wrote:I've just been told the Wild Mouse is shut for good? is this true or is it just for the season?

Please let this not be the case! :([/quote]

Wild Mouse is still open, no clue where you got this information from.
https://www.blackpoolpleasurebeach.com/rides/wild-mouse/
Helix|Balder|Wildfire|Nemesis|Furius Baco

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby CSLKennyNI » Thu May 25, 2017 8:53 am

TheoB wrote:
Samuel wrote:For the locals, how is Big One regarded these days? Is it still viewed as an intimidating star attraction w/ good ridership, or has its reputation waned over the years?

The Big One is definitely the star attraction and its mostly the busiest ride except on very hot days, where Valhalla will be the busiest mainly due to its low capacity.

https://www.blackpoolpleasurebeach.com/rides/wild-mouse/[/quote]

The Wild Mouse was closed the first week of the season but after that it has been open all season.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Bane » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:38 am

CSLKennyNI wrote:
TheoB wrote:
Samuel wrote:
For the locals, how is Big One regarded these days? Is it still viewed as an intimidating star attraction w/ good ridership, or has its reputation waned over the years?

https://www.blackpoolpleasurebeach.com/rides/wild-mouse/

The Wild Mouse was closed the first week of the season but after that it has been open all season.

The Wild Mouse actually opened in May, the ride required modernisation to some of its safety features which have been done now and the ride is operating daily now that we've reached the summer season.

The Big One remains very popular with the GP and whilst UK enthusiasts like to call it a Monorail they are often seen running through the park to get on it at park opening time which is of course very contradictory! In all seriousness it remains very popular with the GP and BPB fans too! :)

Postby snoflake15 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:01 am

This may be old news but anyone seen the footage of the trespassers climbing The Big One? Haven't posted it in case it's deemed inappropriate. A slight security concern that they were up there.

As for bounding about up there unsupported - truly mad.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!