Blackpool Pleasure Beach (BPB) Discussion Thread

Page 99: Mack double launched coaster announced for 2018
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Re: Blackpool Pleasure Beach (BPB) Discussion Thread

Postby JordyC » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:10 pm

A.T.I wrote:

Fixed that for you ;)
Quality Over Quantity

1. Shambhala - PortAventura Park 2. Taron - Phantasialand 3. Helix - Liseberg 4. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 5. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 6. Blue Fire Megacoaster - Europa-Park 7. Silver Star - Europa-Park 8. Goliath - Walibi Holland 9. Balder - Liseberg 10. Alpina Blitz - Nigloland

Coasters: 158 || Parks: 31

Movie Park Germany || Nigloland || Walygator Parc || Bakken || Tivoli Gardens || PortAventura || Ferrari Land || Plopsaland De Panne || Efteling || Liseberg

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby A.T.I » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:13 pm

I have another video also:-

[youtu_be]https://youtu.be/nhvuRGFuv04[/youtube]
Last edited by A.T.I on Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:19 pm.
ATI Stands for Amusement Thrills International! =) =) =)

We were born to fly...

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby JordyC » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:16 pm

A.T.I wrote:I have another video also:-

You just have to use "youtu_be" instead of "youtube", because you use the shorter link. It will work fine then.
Quality Over Quantity

1. Shambhala - PortAventura Park 2. Taron - Phantasialand 3. Helix - Liseberg 4. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 5. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 6. Blue Fire Megacoaster - Europa-Park 7. Silver Star - Europa-Park 8. Goliath - Walibi Holland 9. Balder - Liseberg 10. Alpina Blitz - Nigloland

Coasters: 158 || Parks: 31

Movie Park Germany || Nigloland || Walygator Parc || Bakken || Tivoli Gardens || PortAventura || Ferrari Land || Plopsaland De Panne || Efteling || Liseberg

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Bane » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:02 am

Club Pleasure Beach (Experience) have been putting on a lot of stuff about the new coaster lately and out of season work. I don't know if you guys would be interested but with this being a Pleasure Beach thread I thought it's possible some people would be interested in seeing the out of season work too.

The new coaster in 2018 will be a very exciting project to follow through the year for us Brits! :Pr

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Bane » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:05 am

Hey everyone,

Two updates from BPB in terms of the new coaster, firstly an official update from the park;

Secondly, a fan made update from the park;

Many thanks :)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:09 pm

Looking good. It's nice to see the UK get two huge new rides next year with this and SW8.
Credits: 172
[Top 5] - (1) Skyrush - (2) Fury 325 - (3) Intimidator 305 - (4) El Toro - (5) Kingda Ka (front row)

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby A.T.I » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:26 pm

According to the BPB Facebook page, a huge announcement is going to be made on Tuesday, at 9am (UK)...

www.facebook.com/blackpoolpleasurebeach/
ATI Stands for Amusement Thrills International! =) =) =)

We were born to fly...

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby CSLKennyNI » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:55 pm

Blackpool's new multi launch Mack coaster will be called Icon.

Press release:
http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/news/business/video-name-revealed-for-blackpool-pleasure-beach-s-new-16-25m-rollercoaster-1-8485493

Blackpool Pleasure Beach has revealed the name of its new £16.25 million rollercoaster set to open to thrill-seekers next year. The name of the ride – the UK’s first double launch rollercoaster – was revealed with a touch of Holywood glitz, with a movie-style trailer giving a taste of what it will be like to ride. The CGI film takes viewers onboard the ride as it powers through, over and around other rides including The Big One and Steeplechase.

The footage also give the first hint of how the ride would be themed, with a red Japanese emblem embedded within the logo. Managing Director Amanda Thompson hinted at an Asian influence for the attraction last month when she hinted she wanted a garden of tranquility included in the final pans. The Icon brand includes a Japanese emblem But her forus right now is on the coaster’s raw power. The Asian influence She said: “Icon is going to be one of the most talked about, iconic rollercoasters of the future.
The name speaks for itself as it will be one of the most iconic rides on the planet. “This is Blackpool Pleasure Beachs biggest investment to date and will have a real impact on the town and region as a whole.” Deputy Managing Director, Nick Thompson, who has spearheaded the engineering side of the project is exctited to finally have a name. He said: “After more than 43,000 hours of planning and with the first phase of construction work complete, we’re thrilled to unveil the name of this incredible new attraction today and to provide rollercoaster enthusiasts with a first-look at Icon.”

Icon is being manufactured by Mack Rides in Waldkirch, Germany, the same firm which built the Avalanche rollercoaster for the park. In October work began on the foundations of the ride which will snake around and through the Pleasure Beach’s existing attractions. It will dive through the Big One, weave around Steeplechase and includes a ‘high five’ pass with the historic Big Dipper. The station for the ride is being built in the bed of what was the Tom Sawyer lake, a current Steelwork for the ride is expected to begin being installed once the current season has ended. So far more than 5500 tonnes of soil has been excavated and over 8,000 metres of pre-cast concrete piles and steel tubes have been driven up to 12 metres into the ground.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby snoflake15 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:34 am

Not a bad name. Bit different. Will be interesting to see what the Japanese theming will entail. A 'garden of tranquillity' that has a coaster roaring round it?!?

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby RollerManic » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:32 am

Anything beats "Construction 2018", which they had actually fooled me into believing would be the name.
1. El Toro | 2. Maverick | 3. Mako | 4. NTAG | 5. Nitro

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!