Efteling Discussion Thread

Page 172: Swan Boat ride to be added in 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Re: Efteling Discussion Thread

Postby JooordiW » Mon May 07, 2018 11:26 am

Heth wrote:
Baffles wrote:Efteling doesn't know the meaning of tacky - it's one of the most beautifully themed parks in the world. I doubt they would screw that up.

Don't get me wrong, I love the park, but Carnaval Festival is a bit tacky.

Carnaval Festival is indeed a bit strange, CF was invented by someone outside the Efteling at the time. A director known in the Netherlands came up with the idea, his name is Joop Geesink. He designed the attraction, clearly inspired by It's a Small World.
Many fans are a bit ashamed of the attraction, but removal the ride is a waste, it's incredibly popular.

About the circus theme: Anton Pieck was a big fan of the circus, so why not build an ride with the same theme? Knowing the Efteling is not just a circus tent, probably it will again be a unique and surprising attraction of high quality!

Pair of circus drawings from Anton Pieck:

Postby JooordiW » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:57 am

Today Efteling revealed the first concept art of there new restaurant:

(Big: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DgtIvLLWsAEOEO8.jpg:large)

The restaurant will open next month (July 26) in collaboration with an external food company (La Place)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby JordyC » Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:34 am

Efteling introduces wands in and around Symbolica

290618sin.jpg

The Efteling will sell interactive wands next autumn. With the so-called Twinkeltoortsen visitors will soon be able to activate special effects in and around the newest Efteling attraction Symbolica. That was announced by the Dutch theme park.

The Twinkeltoorts is the magic weapon of Pardoes de Tovernar, the main character of Symbolica. He treats guests to a guided tour through the secret rooms of the Palace of Fantasy. In the attraction, the jester keeps the striking attribute in his hand.

"With an interactive Twinkeltoorts you will be able to bring the magic to life at seven points in the themed area Fantasierijk", says design coordinator Peter Koppelmans. "In the scenes of Symbolica, the interactive torches clearly respond to the magic of Pardoes." He promises that the work will take place as much as possible outside the opening hours.

A year after the opening, the Efteling is still not entirely satisfied with the dark ride of 35 million euros. "Certainly at a new attraction like Symbolica we keep a close eye on whether there are any improvement points," says Koppelmans. Multiple new lights, a moving car in the queue and a floating cake have been added in recent months. From today, passengers will also feel falling drops in one of the scenes. "This way we want to immerse our guests even more."

Source
Quality Over Quantity

1. Hyperion - Energylandia 2. Wildfire - Kolmården 3. Shambhala - PortAventura 4. Taron - Phantasialand 5. Helix - Liseberg 6. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 7. Lech Coaster - Legendia 8. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 9. Silver Star - Europa-Park 10. Goliath - Walibi Holland

Coasters: 232 || Parks: 44

Plopsa Indoor Coevorden || Waarbeek || Liseberg || Kolmården || Gröna Lund || Energylandia || Legendia || Toverland || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach || Thorpe Park || Wildlands

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby Jeroen_twee » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:32 pm

Efteling has placed a magical telescope. When you look through this telescope, you see flying dragons.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby sofulsomety » Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:21 pm

Apparently the Bob is now having problems with its chain lift.

They're being oddly open about it on Twitter today:

Efteling: A couple years ago, Efteling made an adjustment to the Bob's lift mechanism, in order to decrease noise. This worked completely satisfactory. A while ago, a bobsled rolled back while getting pulled up the lift hill. 1/2

This is now being investigated. Safety is always first at Efteling, which is why we will take the time to find a good solution. Nobody's safety was ever at risk. 2/2

Q: How was nobody's safety at risk if a bob rolled back?

Efteling: We're not comfortable saying exactly what happened, but if a Bob for example were to roll back a few centimeters, this would not pose a safety risk. It is a signal for research to be done. This is just speculation however.

Q: So the rollback engaged from there?

Efteling: Like we've said, we don't know exactly and it's just speculative, but even when a part were to fail, we always have a back-up to keep things safe. Of course, that's sadly not a permanent solution.

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:50 pm

I think it is pretty neat that the park continues to plus Symbolica even after its original opening. This continues to look like one of Europe's finest theme parks, if not one of the world's.
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:50 pm.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby RCT3Bross » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:05 am

sofulsomety wrote:Bob stuff

The reopening has been delayed 3 weekends in a row without any good sign that it will open soon. This coupled with the fact that the ride isn't allowed to operate with rain makes me much rather see it get broken down and replaced before the park adds another attraction. It now wastes space and money.
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2018: Efteling, Phantasialand, Walibi Holland, Skyline park, Europa Park, Walibi Belgium, Toverland, Thorpe Park, Alton Towers, Blackpool Pleasure Beach
2018 Rides: Fenix (Toverland), Tiki Waka (Walibi Belgium), Wicker Man (Alton Towers), Icon (Blackpool Pleasure Beach).

Postby JooordiW » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:50 am

The interactive stage before Symbolica is done!

Pictures:

Source: @cindy_ve & @eftelwesley

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:59 am

We made it to Efteling! Super excited to check out this bucket-list place! Rikki is totally sold so far!
E5FE4E9B-FEA6-4DFE-8CA7-A1248E187FDF.jpeg
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:13 am

Any news about Bob? The coaster, not anyone by that name

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!