Efteling Discussion Thread

Page 157: Efteling introduces Free "Fast Pass" system
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys are my way of life!

Re: Efteling Discussion Thread

Postby Rill'o'beily » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:19 am

Ethir Nandor wrote:On the site the efteling gives a handy 'business indicator' on a day-to-day basis: https://www.efteling.com/en/park/opening-hours

I never trust these after going to Gröna lund once when they said it should be an empty day

The queue for the wild mouse was an hour and the funhouse was an hour 20 minutes :x

No but really I looked on the website and if I have to miss python and fatamorgana it's fine so I'll probably go there early week maybe 12th and 13th of september?

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Ethir Nandor » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:43 am

Rill'o'beily wrote:
Ethir Nandor wrote:On the site the efteling gives a handy 'business indicator' on a day-to-day basis: https://www.efteling.com/en/park/opening-hours

I never trust these after going to Gröna lund once when they said it should be an empty day

The queue for the wild mouse was an hour and the funhouse was an hour 20 minutes :x

No but really I looked on the website and if I have to miss python and fatamorgana it's fine so I'll probably go there early week maybe 12th and 13th of september?

Sounds good to me: most of the good stuff is open those days. I like the Fata Morgana personally, but there are several other dark rides (personal favorite: the flying Dutchman. Not an impressive coaster, but very highly themed and with a few nice dark ride surprises). The Python is only interesting from a history/nostalgia point of view in my opinion: it was the first steel coaster in Europe, but it is old and there are plenty more spectacular ones all over Europe.

In my visits (I have access the whole year and go every other week or so in the summer) the business estimation was pretty accurate. But it is just an estimate of course

I hope you enjoy the park!
Take some good walking shoes and some lunch/snacks with you: the park covers a big area!

Postby Rill'o'beily » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:57 am

Ethir Nandor wrote:it was the first steel coaster in Europe

I think you mean first multilooper or largest steel coaster?

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby Condor » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:10 am

I checked the park's calendar and it looks like there's no Aquanura for the entire month of August. Is this correct?

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby JordyC » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:27 am

Condor wrote:I checked the park's calendar and it looks like there's no Aquanura for the entire month of August. Is this correct?

If you take a look at the schedule for closed attractions in the picture below, Aquanura will be closed from October 7th - October 13th. But you are correct that it is not listed under park shows for the entire month of August. But that is also the case for the next months. So yes, you will be able to watch Aquanura, except for October 7th - October 13th.
Efteling.JPG
Quality Over Quantity

1. Shambhala - PortAventura Park 2. Taron - Phantasialand 3. Helix - Liseberg 4. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 5. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 6. Blue Fire Megacoaster - Europa-Park 7. Silver Star - Europa-Park 8. Goliath - Walibi Holland 9. Balder - Liseberg 10. Alpina Blitz - Nigloland

Coasters: 158 || Parks: 31

Movie Park Germany || Nigloland || Walygator Parc || Bakken || Tivoli Gardens || PortAventura || Ferrari Land || Plopsaland De Panne || Efteling || Liseberg

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby Condor » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:21 am

^Thanks for clearing that up!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Ethir Nandor » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:52 pm

Rill'o'beily wrote:
Ethir Nandor wrote:it was the first steel coaster in Europe

I think you mean first multilooper or largest steel coaster?

When I check Wiki it says it was the largest one in europe at the time. Not exactly the same. I must have picked up this slightly wrong factoid somewhere and remembered it wrong...

Either way, it is a classic if you are dutch (everyone grew up with it: I remember being scared of it as a kid more than 30 years ago). But as it is old, slow and the only unthemed attraction in the whole park - it is not my favorite. I mean, even the cash machines and trash cans are themed and interactive....

Postby Rill'o'beily » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:57 pm

Ethir Nandor wrote:Either way, it is a classic if you are dutch (everyone grew up with it: I remember being scared of it as a kid more than 30 years ago). But as it is old, slow and the only unthemed attraction in the whole park - it is not my favorite. I mean, even the cash machines and trash cans are themed and interactive....

I would probably try to get the credit otherwise but I was on it two years ago so I already got the credit. Surprisingly smooth for an old vekoma, too.

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby RCT3Bross » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:13 am

So today I visited the park again and rode Symbolica again (All tours) and I want to talk about an earlier statement I made.
RCT3Bross wrote:4: Interactive: Again completely unique for the park yet even with the touch screens it didn't feel like you where in control except for the treasure tour with the diamond the rest felt programmed, maybe an early bug and I will keep watch of it in the future.

So my final conclusion is: It wasn't one thing it where more things. They could have done more but the ride fell short. It might grow on me it might never click, only time can tell.

Now a month later I have to say I actually felt in control with the interactive parts of the ride. During the hero tour I actually saw a huge diffrence, A month ago I was the only one pushing buttons and both armors moved exactly like the video now the family in the front of me where pushing buttons and the armors reacted like they had to. Also the music tour was seemed to listen. Also the ballroom we actually made the car spin the way we wanted it. This made a huge diffrence for the feeling of the ride. I still don't think it's something for me and I'm sure it never will, but I can accept it as it is.
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2017: Efteling, Movie park, Phantasialand.
2017 Rides: Star Trek (Movie park)

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby JordyC » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:33 am

Efteling gets free FastPass-system

The Dutch theme park will launch its own variant of the famous Disney FastPass-system, the Efteling Boarding Pass. Visitors have to reserve a ride, so they no longer have to wait in the queue line.

The free service will be tested from Saturday, September 15 for approximately two months at Python, the park's Vekoma Looping Coaster. Guests who want to make a ride in the well-known roller coaster must choose a time slot in advance through the official Efteling app. Visitors without a smartphone can use a special ticket machine.

Guests have to scan their paper or digital boarding pass at the entrance of the attraction. Then, they have to wait no longer then fifteen minutes. The Boarding Pass queue will replace the normal queue.

The Boarding Pass will have a time slot of fifteen minutes. Visitors can get a new Boarding Pass if the time slot has expired. On quiet days, when the regular queue times do not exceed fifteen minutes, the system will not be activated. Then everyone uses the normal queue without reservations.

"We call it a new way of waiting," says a spokesman of the amusement park. "In the test phase, we will keep an eye on the responses of our guests, and then we decide if we continue. For people who love to plan their visits, the system is ideal. Guests who prefer to spontaneously go to an attraction may not like it that much."

Source
Quality Over Quantity

1. Shambhala - PortAventura Park 2. Taron - Phantasialand 3. Helix - Liseberg 4. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 5. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 6. Blue Fire Megacoaster - Europa-Park 7. Silver Star - Europa-Park 8. Goliath - Walibi Holland 9. Balder - Liseberg 10. Alpina Blitz - Nigloland

Coasters: 158 || Parks: 31

Movie Park Germany || Nigloland || Walygator Parc || Bakken || Tivoli Gardens || PortAventura || Ferrari Land || Plopsaland De Panne || Efteling || Liseberg

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!