TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Efteling Discussion Thread

Loving the weird shapes of those reworked supports getting forced into the old footers.

Yea the track looks odd too, whos doing this retrack? Its not Vekoma so the only other manufacturer I can see doing this is Kumbak.

The Belgian steel construction company CSM fabricated the new track sections. They also fabricated Pulsar at Walibi Belgium.

So Looopings posted quite an odd article today.

The new attraction Efteling is planning to open in 2020, will be a roller coaster. Looopings can confirm this following conversations with suppliers. The roller coaster will be situated in themed land Reizenrijk (Travel Realm), on a new three acre piece of land next to the Efteling Hotel. This is behind indoor coaster Vogel Rok.

Looopings already reported back in September that the fairy tale-themed park is planning a spectacular new roller coaster. It wasn’t clear when the project was to be realized back then. The Efteling so far has only announced to be working on a new attraction, due to be finished in 2020.

The new ride will be the seventh roller coaster in the park, after the Python (1981), the Bob (1985), Vogel Rok (1998), De Vliegende Hollander (2007), Joris en de Draak (2010), Baron 1898 (2015). More details are currently unknown.

I mean it's possible given the (solid red = "ride area") they mentioned in their press release back in January:

8gMm32l.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be true. I kind of expected this, I mean a big expansion you want people to react to that and the best reaction you can get is with a coaster because around the world people turn their heads towards you. And if it turns out to be true I'm happy it will be placed there, I really want to see the park spread the coasters more their last three are cramped in the corner which already contained the Python. So seeing them place a coaster a bit further away really makes me happy.

I know many Dutch enthusiasts liked to have seen them do a log flume there and while I agree a flume is something the park could use I like it to go close by the Python I love to see all the corners of the park provide diverse rides. I do however wish there won't be a coaster in the Marenrijk section of the park.

Talk about some serious dedication!

Efteling runs Baron 1898 all night

030318voors2.jpg.96173e9f2b9541085e36cb72f90a9441.jpg

The Efteling does everything to keep attractions open during inclement weather. Roller coaster Baron 1898 was continuously in operation last night to prevent snow from falling on the track. This is confirmed by a Efteling spokeswoman.

From Friday evening to Saturday morning, the dive coaster has made constant cycles without passengers. Efteling employees were present all night to run the rollercoaster trains. Thanks to that nocturnal operation, today visitors can take a ride in the Baron, despite the snowfall.

Since recently Baron 1898 can also run when it freezes. Only in case of strong winds the roller coaster must be closed. This can cause problems in case of a possible evacuation at a high altitude.

Source

According to Looopings the manufacture of the 2020 coaster is Intamin.

While its still not confirmed, looopings has a track record for being right. I just want it out there that we can't be too sure but we can take this more serious.

I'm curious what will become of this there is no type mentioned. I hope they don't go multi-launch mega coaster like Taron, I really like them to go family style with this one but nothing to soft Juvelen style would be perfect.

^There are more rumors out there wich spark my intrest. Half indoor half outdoor, circus theme. Besides I think Intamin has a nice viraty when it comes to Launched coasters, Juvelen is a multi launch coaster in the family style, They could go drop track like Th13teen or here's a unique idea in the erea: Inverted (semi) launched coaster (DragenKonge).

Taron style coaster in the Efteling will just go and compete with Taron. Besides we just got a thrill ride it would be more smart to go family now and next time they can go all out thrill again. Just my random thoughts.

The Director of Efteling has said the 2020 attraction will be big but it won't make you scream (in other words it won't be a thrill ride) and it won't be loud. So no one should be expecting a Taron to come along.

The current rumour online is a circus themed family coaster with indoor and outdoor sections (Source: Eftelflags on Themeparknl forum). There is also a rumour that it will feature a gimmick element. There was a claim that it would be a turntable of some sort although some others have suggested a drop track like Thirteen and Darkmare.

Efteling have said there will be an official announcement before the summer.

https://www.ad.nl/binnenland/efteling-gaat-uitbreiden-en-opent-nieuwe-attractie-in-2020~a73bf047/

Personally I think it will similar to Juvelen, a nice family launched coaster would suit Efteling.

Actually he said it won't be "schreeuwerig", which means as much as flashy or conspicuous (nothing to do with literal screaming), in addition to it not being "60 meters tall", which doesn't really surprise anyone given the modest piece of land.

Why would they need another family coaster though? They've already got a world class line-up of dark rides and family coasters. Thrill rides not so much. It's the teenage market where they can get any real growth at this point.

It's funny how their first coaster (when they were just a large playground with a haunted castle) was also the last one to be 'large for its time'. It clearly worked for them back then.

The word is out: The new-for-2020 Intamin coaster will feature a launch! That is stated by Looopings, whose predictions are always pretty much spot on.

As much as I would love to see a multi-launch like Taron at Efteling, I am thinking it will be some kind of mix between a coaster like Juvelen and Thirteen.

Would that really cut it though, with with even Toverland, Drievliet and Slagharen already having launched coasters?

I really hope they're at least going to want to outdo Walibi's twenty year old Rock 'n Roller Coaster in terms of scale. Especially since that's actually themed now.

So this means that the goal of 5 million visitors has been achieved three years earlier than planned? Wow, that is fantastic news!

And it is very well deserved for all the effort and details they put into the park. Congratulations to the whole Efteling-team. Here's to the next million!

Would that really cut it though, with with even Toverland, Drievliet and Slagharen already having launched coasters?

I really hope they're at least going to want to outdo Walibi's twenty year old Rock 'n Roller Coaster in terms of scale. Especially since that's actually themed now.

Notice how all those four are reffered to as thrill rides, if they want to be unieque a familie launch sounds the best way imo. If they plan to go thirll ride then they really need to bring the A game.

^^ That's quite a growth from last season I expected more on the line of 4.9 million. But it's not crazy Symbolica was well recieved (even though I had personal issues with the ride the general public loved it and I can see why.) It's always strange to me having one of the best parks in the world just 45 minutes away.

Efteling roller coaster Python is completed

120318piet1.jpg.0635b87854d830e414b49d8f507efb41.jpg

The Python in the Efteling is complete again. Two months ago, the demolition of the roller coaster from 1981 started. The part between the first drop and the brakes were removed and replaced with new track pieces. Today, the old and the new track are welded together.

"Thanks to the welded connection, the 37-year-old Python can now be seen in all its glory", says the Efteling. "The Efteling skyline is complete again." The roller coaster will be painted in the coming weeks, whereafter testing will take place.

The layout of the 350,000 kilo weighing Efteling icon has remained the same, including the two loops, the double corkscrew and the helix. From Saturday, March 31, guests can ride Python again.

120318piet2.jpg.58f02f8f752faf2efb4d7a2b6e50157e.jpg

120318piet3.jpg.696e797f76d1e68fb834ae09f32c7c74.jpg

Source

Notice how all those four are reffered to as thrill rides, if they want to be unieque a familie launch sounds the best way imo. If they plan to go thirll ride then they really need to bring the A game.

Note how Intamin branded 'family' launch coasters have so far have been small friction wheel models, only because of costs and maybe the skeuomorphic trains. Efteling's got the dough and design's certainly their thing, so hopefully they won't start cutting corners like that.

Now if they go Blitz, with competent launches and high capacity trains, they could still slap on as much preshows and soap bubbles as they like. I would actually prefer no inversions.

Sharp increase though yeah. Symbolica's show building sure looks pretty.

I give this park significant credit for taking the extra time and money required to re-track a coaster that they could have just as easily retired and replaced with something new... This isn't the kind of project you see too often, especially for a layout as simple as this one (when compared to steel retracking efforts like The Incredible Hulk Coaster at Islands of Adventure).

The Efteling is big on tradition. They still have attractions going that where build in 1956 (like the gold coin pooping donkey).

A few more decades and it is as much a museum as it is a family park .

I like this approach because it is rare and novel, and even though some of the attractions show their age (like the haunting house and the Pandadream), others stand the test of time remarkedly well.

The only attraction I know off they ever demolished was the 'Pegasus', which they replaced with a better wooden coaster.

Edited by Ethir Nandor

Even as simple as this coaster layout is, I'm really excited to see how this new track rides. Did Vekoma provide it?

The Belgian steel construction company CSM fabricated the new track sections. They also fabricated Pulsar at Walibi Belgium.