Efteling Discussion Thread

Page 157: Efteling introduces Free "Fast Pass" system
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Re: Efteling Discussion Thread

Postby KarlaKoaster » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:21 am

"The Boarding Pass queue will replace the normal queue"

Like Universal's system, I'm not a fan of this. I like flexibility and spontaneity when I visit a theme park, rather than spending the day clockwatching, having to make sure to schedule shows around slots, ensuring that we're in the general vicinity when it's getting close to the return time etc.
Last edited by KarlaKoaster on Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:06 am.

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby RCT3Bross » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:38 am

I'm not to happy about this. I hope it doesn't stay or other attractions will follow. I'm okay with Fast-passes and single rider lines but a normal queue is just freedom in my eyes. I 'm also not a fan of the fact that I have to get an app to ride a roller coaster, and I'm Dutch I can Imagen people from other countries must get annoyed by that as well.
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2017: Efteling, Movie park, Phantasialand.
2017 Rides: Star Trek (Movie park)

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby DaveDowning » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:11 pm

I visited Efteling on Thursday on a relatively non-crowded day (maximum wait was 20 Minutes on Baron during peak times, and that was with Joris being down for maintenance). There was nothing implemented on Python, which had a 5 minute wait only anyways.

Symbolica was wonderful, a lovely experience, though I still can't get the thought out of my head that Pardoes (the park mascot, which is represented in Animatronics, as well as walking acts) is just the kind of character that should have a machete behind is back and be a creepy halloween character. Anyways, they ride is wonderful, with great scenes and attention to detail. I would rate it above most dark rides I experienced so far, especially better than the Potter rides at Universal.

Had my first rides on Baron also, which is great but could use a bit more height.

All in all, Efteling is just a lovely park. I didn't take enough Photos to justify a fully-fledged trip report, but still a few good ones, although they are from my iPhone, so don't expect too much.
IMG_3865.jpg
Baron looking dramatic...
IMG_3895.jpg
Upside down is always a good thing...
IMG_3896.jpg
A bit too late after the last train of the day passed through, but still a nice shot
IMG_3899.jpg
Symbolica is so beautiful !

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:28 pm

Efteling is one of those parks on my "Go Back To" List, lol. Your few photos posted are really beautiful,
and definitely keep my spirits high, about my ever getting back to it, again soon. Thanks for what you posted!

:airtime:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:47 am

KarlaKoaster wrote:"The Boarding Pass queue will replace the normal queue"

Like Universal's system, I'm not a fan of this. I like flexibility and spontaneity when I visit a theme park, rather than spending the day clockwatching, having to make sure to schedule shows around slots, ensuring that we're in the general vicinity when it's getting close to the return time etc.

I agree 100 percent with this. If slots are gone for a ride or at a less than ideal time, I'd still like to have the option to wait in a standard queue.
Top 5 Wood- Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Balder, Voyage
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Shambhala
Top 5 Parks- Europa Park, Cedar Point, Disneyland, Phantasialand, Knoebels

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby Porsmond » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:42 pm

Alton towers once tryed such a stupid system where you could NOT use the normal queue to go on some rides(nemesis and oblivion were the two ride trailed I believe) and the only way to ride them was to have a fast track ticket booked in advance or you got a fast track ticket on the day however it was very quickly abandoned as people constantly complained that the system didn't work as too many people were unable to gain tickets if they arrived late, meaning they physically couldn't ride these two rides as it was ticket only throughout the whole day.
I really hope this system doesn't last either, Efteling is not a park that needs fasttrack, all the rides have good capacity, and queues flow well, taking out a normal queue system of any kind is just terrible as people who arrive a bit later in the day are then unable to ride their favourite ride because all tickets/time slots are gone, and then it will only lead to complaints, I really don't know what they are thinking with this, yeah I know/realise its a trial thing but trust me, it won't work as it never worked at Alton and can't see it working here to be honest

I Love Donkeys!

Postby BenBlom » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:06 pm

Hey y'all, just wanted to share some footage i took during my visit's in september, hurray season pass! Love this park :b !

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:25 pm

^ Nice video! A bit shaky in parts... But nothing major. Thanks for sharing!

What a beautiful park!! :lover:
Bigger is not always better.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby BenBlom » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:39 am

DoinItForTheFame wrote:^ Nice video! A bit shaky in parts... But nothing major. Thanks for sharing!

Still trying for steady shots, its really an amazing place on earth :br !

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby DaveDowning » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:27 am

BenBlom wrote:
DoinItForTheFame wrote:^ Nice video! A bit shaky in parts... But nothing major. Thanks for sharing!

Still trying for steady shots, its really an amazing place on earth :br !

Oh yes, it is. I sooo fell in love with it. Mostly because it's such a soothing experience for a theme park. The landscaping is just beautiful, and the whole park encourages you to go slow, take in the beauty of it all and not rush from ride to ride, like many other parks do. So relaxing and nice. Friendly staff, great prices for food and drinks, the overall feeling of it is just so much better than most european and american parks.

For me, the visit made Efteling my new number one park in Europe, the coasters might not be the biggest, the rides not the most super-innovative (though Symbolica really, really impressed me - especially comparing it to the "big" dark rides at Disney or Universal), but the whole package is just so good. Fried potatoes on a stick with loads of cheese and salt? YAY! Good ol dutch kibbeling with tasty sauce? Yes, thats there to. The amazing dutch version of Fanta which is the best soda drink on earth? Yes, they have that... Even the beer selection is great. Great crowd as well - I can't wait to go back - and probably will do so in winter.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!