Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

P. 680 - Pandemonium Announced for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby coasterer » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:36 pm

My wife and I brought our 10 month old son to the park today for bring a friend free day (I have a pass, she doesn't, but has been before). It was his first ever amusement park, first ever ride. Rode Monster Mansion, the Antique Cars, and the Carousel. Spent a little time in the wave pool. Ate lunch under Twisted Cyclone (which is just as awesome as Boldikus above^ describes, I completely agree, but we didn't get a ride in today)...

It was a totally new view of the park for me. I'm entering the wonderful world of amusement park child-rearing, and honestly, we had a wonderful time. It was COMPLETELY different from how I usually enjoy parks these days (alone, 3 hour max, only new or good coasters only). I don't think I've ridden a non-roller coaster in a... I don't remember when honestly.

But we had a blast and it's a beautiful park that I can't wait to continue exploring with my son from his perspective :)
PART_1536535981627.jpg
Favorites: Voyage, T-Express, Goliath (WW), Medusa Steel Coaster, Boulder Dash, Katun, I 305, El Toro, Storm Runner, Mega-lite, Shivering Timbers, Alpengeist, Millennium Force, Thunderhead, Nemesis, Skyrush, Prowler, Atlantis Adventure, Thundercoaster, Maverick, Jungle Storm, Cornball Express, Behemoth,

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby fordj4116@gmail.com » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:05 am

Spent a few hours at the park tonight to check out Holiday in the Park.
Crowds were pretty heavy the whole time. We only waited 15 minutes for both Goliath and Mindbender and my ride on Golith tonight ended up being one of the best ones I’ve had all season long. Operations were pretty good tonight as well.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Ewrawr » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:51 pm

fordj4116@gmail.com wrote:Spent a few hours at the park tonight to check out Holiday in the Park.
Crowds were pretty heavy the whole time. We only waited 15 minutes for both Goliath and Mindbender and my ride on Golith tonight ended up being one of the best ones I’ve had all season long. Operations were pretty good tonight as well.

How did you go to Holiday in the Park when Fright Fest hasn't even started yet?

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby bgtlover » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:40 pm

They must be from the future...lol
Coaster Count: 125
Top 12:
1-Steel Vengeance...2-Fury 325...3-Maverick...4-Millennium Force...5-Storm Chaser...6-Mako...
7-Diamondback...8-Kraken...9-Montu...10-Banshee...11-Afterburn...12-Cheetah Hunt

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby JJLehto » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:04 am

One upside to the South: Parks are open far later! It seems SFoG is open even in late November, this is full park operations correct?
If so, I may make Atlanta my layover on my trip up north and stop by here! Add yet another new park (and RMC) to my list. Already been a record year for me so would love to cap it off this way :)

What could be expected in terms of crowds for late mid to late November? Fast pass necessary? I would hope not, esp on a weekday but Im not used to going to parks so late.
Top 10 Steel: Steel Vengeance, Wicked Cyclone, Millennium Force, Storm Chaser, Skyrush, I305, Maverick, Lightning Run, Superman (SFNE), Kumba
Top 10 Wood: Voyage, Phoenix, El Toro, Boulder Dash, Mystic Timbers, Lightning Racer, Grizzly (KD), Legend, Raven, Beast
2018 Parks: (new) Busch Gardens Tampa, Kings Island, Kentucky Kingdom, Holiday World, Cedar Point, Kennywood

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:28 am

I haven't been to this event @ SFOG, but according to the HITP page on their site it looks like the entire back of the park is closed, so no Blue Hawk, GASM, Superman, Justice League. Looks like everything else? I swore Justice League was open last year, and I'm surprised it looks like its not (only because its an indoor ride during the winter) but at least it looks like Twisted Cyclone will be open. I would be surprised if it wasn't considering its next to the front gate. I wonder if they'll put any kind of lighting on it.
https://www.sixflags.com/overgeorgia/special-events/holiday-in-the-park-event

Postby JJLehto » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:58 am

Well, wont lie Goliath and the RMC are the big reasons I wanna go, and those are open. Id like to hit as much as possible OFC but its really not far from me, since I need a layover and ATL is one of the usual stops, may have to think about it.
Top 10 Steel: Steel Vengeance, Wicked Cyclone, Millennium Force, Storm Chaser, Skyrush, I305, Maverick, Lightning Run, Superman (SFNE), Kumba
Top 10 Wood: Voyage, Phoenix, El Toro, Boulder Dash, Mystic Timbers, Lightning Racer, Grizzly (KD), Legend, Raven, Beast
2018 Parks: (new) Busch Gardens Tampa, Kings Island, Kentucky Kingdom, Holiday World, Cedar Point, Kennywood

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Ewrawr » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:52 pm

boldikus wrote:I haven't been to this event @ SFOG, but according to the HITP page on their site it looks like the entire back of the park is closed, so no Blue Hawk, GASM, Superman, Justice League. Looks like everything else? I swore Justice League was open last year, and I'm surprised it looks like its not (only because its an indoor ride during the winter) but at least it looks like Twisted Cyclone will be open. I would be surprised if it wasn't considering its next to the front gate. I wonder if they'll put any kind of lighting on it.
https://www.sixflags.com/overgeorgia/special-events/holiday-in-the-park-event

Last year the only coasters not open were GASM and Blue Hawk, Lickskillet was the only section closed during HiTP so no skyscreamer last year either. This year could be entirely different of course

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:52 pm

I know location is an issue but if they choose not to open Justice League for the event then they’re insane.

Postby JJLehto » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:35 am

Thanks all, sounds like I should deff contact the park and ask though should be no issue. (Yes its on the site but gunna double check to be safe) What I am most into riding will be open, actually does seem most of it should be so woo!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!