Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

P. 680 - Pandemonium Announced for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby Seddy » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:21 pm

boldikus wrote:Hey locals. A few final questions in advance of my weekend visit:

1. How many rides have onride photos and is it worth it to get the all-day photo pass thing?

2. Do they allow single riders on the Sky Buckets?

3. All day fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo are near the entrance/Scorcher, right? $8 for the day? I'm coming from the airport right to the park, are they gonna give me sh*t at the entrance for bringing all that in? Toiletries, etc? I'll just have a small backpack with just enough stuff for 3 days. Packing super light, and I can leave it @ the hotel until check in (staying down the street) but I almost feel better locking it up at Six Flags (I can't believe I just typed that). But yeah its the first time Ive gone to a park with more than just a wallet/phone/sunglasses.

4. Where is everyones fave places to eat? I ate at JBs last time and while the beer selection was good the food was average. Also where has the beer?

5. I know the answer but I'll ask anyway: Is Acro still down? :cry:

6. Do you guys think I'll look like a douchebag riding the mine train alone? :lol:

Thanks. P.S. I've been to this park before so no need to pile on the suggestions. I plan on having a relaxing day of marathoning Goliath and Mindbender with hopefully a bit of RMC in there as well.

1. The only on-ride photo rides are TC, Goliath, and The Log Jamboree. So there’s that. Lol

2. I’ve ridden the Sky Buckets solo several times so you’re good.

3. There are 2 locations with the all day bunnies. One near the guest relations office in the front and one near monster mansion. Depending on your bag size, you may be able to save a few dollars by just purchasing a $5 all day deal at one of the rides. While they only give you 2 hours at each ride. You can move your reservation around to the different rides during the day.

4. You can’t go wrong with JB’s but Macho Nacho is always a go to spot for me. They sell beer at JB’s, Macho Nacho, and the Gotham City Eatery.

5. Probably... but please let us know when you get out there because no one hasn’t mentioned it since my last update on the catch car not being at the top when I rode past a couple weeks ago.

6. Lift-Hill The Ride! Lmao! :lmao: But I’m known around the park by employees as the Lone Ranger so I don’t think you riding anything solo will have you looking crazy. Lol

Enjoy your visit!
Former SFOG Employee (2005-2006). Former GASM Op(2005). Former Thunder River Op(2006).
Favorite Woodie - El Toro --- Favorite Steel - Dèja Vu (Long live the GIB)
SFOG Ambassador - Per My Mother. (Lol)

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:45 pm

So I've worn my glasses with straps on every single ride today including the Joker family coaster. Park started off quiet but has gotten busy, nothing a platinum FP can't handle. Also, Twisted Cyclone is disgustingly sick. And I mean that in the best way possible.
IMG_20180908_095602_454.jpg

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby ThemeParkJunkie51290 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:51 pm

^ And yet I'm at work and can only daydream about riding a roller coaster . . . :( :( :( Glad you having fun though!
ROLLER COASTERS FEAR ME BECAUSE I SHOW NO MERCY!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:01 pm

^^ I'm envious you got to enjoy all the visuals on the Joker coaster. :lol:
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus
Most Recent Trip Reports- Lake Winnepesaukah & Alabama Splash Adventure

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby Seddy » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:19 pm

boldikus wrote:So I've worn my glasses with straps on every single ride today including the Joker family coaster. Park started off quiet but has gotten busy, nothing a platinum FP can't handle. Also, Twisted Cyclone is disgustingly sick. And I mean that in the best way possible.

:nina: Any news on the gigantic lightning rod bka Acro?
Former SFOG Employee (2005-2006). Former GASM Op(2005). Former Thunder River Op(2006).
Favorite Woodie - El Toro --- Favorite Steel - Dèja Vu (Long live the GIB)
SFOG Ambassador - Per My Mother. (Lol)

Postby bert425 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:04 pm

not shocking they aren't consistent w/ the glasses straps policy. . LOL

but glad you are enjoying your day!
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby TEDodd » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:15 pm

Seddy wrote:Any news on the gigantic lightning rod bka Acro?

App still says closed. I wouldn't expect any activity on the weekend.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:54 pm

Met boldikus at the park this evening, we got the last ride on Twisted Cyclone and it’s pretty freaking great. I have a full day tomorrow to look forward to, and I can’t wait.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:59 pm

Awesome, have fun guys!

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:35 am

A.J. wrote:Met boldikus at the park this evening, we got the last ride on Twisted Cyclone and it’s pretty freaking great. I have a full day tomorrow to look forward to, and I can’t wait.

Great meeting you A.J. Always nice to put a face to a screenname, and it was fun sharing a few rides. I'm surprised you failed to tell everyone that not only was it the last train of the night, but that it was the monumental moment of your first RMC!!

That ride is ridiculously awesome, and just might be my favorite of the three RMCs I've ridden. Its strength is it's brevity, there isn't a moment wasted and you slam into the brakes every time. Every element flows perfectly into the next. It's like the Batman clone of RMCs.

I managed a ton of rides yesterday, all over the train. Back seat is the best, but the front should be mentioned too. Best parts: the first (upwards) zero G after the drop, the wave turn (my first of these... amazing!), the hill next to the station (wtffffffff), the hill after the turnaround, and the hill right before the s-turn into the brakes. So basically all of it. :lol:

Also, Acro didn't run at all. Bummer.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!