Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

P. 659 - Twisted Cyclone POV Video
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby Seddy » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:05 am

^We got ALOT of rain yesterday and I got stuck out there in it - yes I went to the park 2 days in a row. Lmao :lmao: So I'm sure that's why there was so much mud. I doubt they we're able to do any construction today because of yesterday's monsoon like weather.

I was told by a team member that Splash Waterfalls is indeed on it's way out. She didn't give me any details as to what they're putting there but it's definitely getting removed sometime soon. Chances are good that the 2019 addition will be placed there. We just have to wait till August to find out what that is.

I was also told that the park will be using the rear area of the parking lot to expand. This excited me because the old Deja Vu area is down near there... Could we possibly be seeing a decent sized coaster addition down there soon? I sure hope so!

I forgot to mention in my last Trip Report that Mist Fans have been installed in all four corners of Twisted Cyclones queue as well as inside the station. They weren't plugged up yet but they are there! So heat relief is on the way folks!
Former SFOG Employee (2005-2006). Former GASM Op(2005). Former Thunder River Op(2006).
Favorite Woodie - El Toro --- Favorite Steel - Dèja Vu (Long live the GIB)
SFOG Ambassador - Per My Mother. (Lol)

I Love Donkeys!

Postby SFOGchick » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:32 pm

A lot of interesting stuff happening at SFOG for the unknown upcoming 2019 attraction. (please be a flat ride) A lot of mystery over by Splashwater Falls, this ride hasn't been in operation for a while now leaving it to wonder if this is the next ride to go? It could also be possible that SFOG could expand toward the parking lot near the Deja Vu area behind Gotham because that area is "NEVER" used. (except for trolleys) And for that construction by the Goliath queue area, i'm thinking possibly a restaurant or maybe they are just renovating that area. Heck, maybe SFOG will surprise us all with a HH expansion. Oh well, we will find out soon enough in August.
Top 5 - 1. New Texas Giant 2. Batman: The Ride 3. Twisted Cyclone 4. Georgia Scorcher (SFOT) 5. Titan

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:44 pm

That Splashwater Falls rumor I feel like has been around for a while now. I remember it seeming kinda run down when I visited a few years ago.

I know these are obvious Six Flags choices but I could see a giant frisbee or free spin going there... themed to Wonder Woman like SFM? since SFOG has like 9 Joker themed rides already? :lol: Either would be awesome for this park.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Vonni » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:17 pm

If they do expand past the former Deja Vu area and Batman, I just hope they remove the freaking asphalt lol!

Postby Seddy » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:54 am

^ Now you know better than that. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Former SFOG Employee (2005-2006). Former GASM Op(2005). Former Thunder River Op(2006).

I Love Donkeys!

Postby SFOGchick » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:19 am

I know this is random but do any rides at SFOG have station music? I know this isn't an important concept to talk about but it is just around curiosity. (Goliath has station music, sprite soda commercial ads)
Top 5 - 1. New Texas Giant 2. Batman: The Ride 3. Twisted Cyclone 4. Georgia Scorcher (SFOT) 5. Titan

Postby coasterbill » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:36 am

The world needs less of these unthemed splash boat rides so I'm on board.

Postby Seddy » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:40 pm

SFOGchick wrote:I know this is random but do any rides at SFOG have station music? I know this isn't an important concept to talk about but it is just around curiosity. (Goliath has station music, sprite soda commercial ads)

Batman The Ride has music from the Dark Knight movies playing in the station and queue but I liked the old Danny Elfman music better (they played the old music back in the day when I worked at the park). The Twisted Cyclone area plays old classics that fit the theme of the area but that's about it. The Metropolis Park area (home of Superman and Justice League BFM) also plays Superman themed music including the original score.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby LiftThrill » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:53 pm

coasterbill wrote:The world needs less of these unthemed splash boat rides so I'm on board.

They're basically just impostor log flumes that get you wet like a rapids ride. Basically the worst kind of dry park water ride imaginable unless they have noteworthy theming or a double down or something
1. Millennium Force | 2. New Texas Giant | 3. Outlaw Run | 4. Maverick | 5. Iron Rattler | 6. The Voyage | 7. Goliath (SFGAm) | 8. Time Traveler | 9. Raging Bull | 10. Diamondback

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:58 pm

LiftThrill wrote:
coasterbill wrote:The world needs less of these unthemed splash boat rides so I'm on board.

They're basically just impostor log flumes that get you wet like a rapids ride. Basically the worst kind of dry park water ride imaginable unless they have noteworthy theming or a double down or something

Not to mention they take up quite a bit of space with their splash pools and everything. I think removing Perilous Plunge was one of the best decision Knott's ever made. Unless they're water coasters (like at SeaWorld) or highly themed (BGW), I've never cared for the rides.
Credits: 170, give or take, depending on how one counts
Top 5: (1) Skyrush (2) Fury 325 (3) Intimidator 305 (4) El Toro (5) Maverick
Instagram @american_thrills

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!