Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

P. 680 - Pandemonium Announced for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby JJLehto » Fri May 25, 2018 9:23 pm

A little short but that actually looks like one of the best RMCs. Really like that layout
Top 10 Steel: Steel Vengeance, Wicked Cyclone, Millennium Force, Storm Chaser, Skyrush, I305, Maverick, Lightning Run, Superman (SFNE), Kumba
Top 10 Wood: Voyage, Phoenix, El Toro, Boulder Dash, Mystic Timbers, Lightning Racer, Grizzly (KD), Legend, Raven, Beast
2018 Parks: (new) Busch Gardens Tampa, Kings Island, Kentucky Kingdom, Holiday World, Cedar Point, Kennywood

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby SFOG1991 » Sat May 26, 2018 9:29 am

Not sure if this has been mentioned but they are preparing to paint Scorcher. It has test paint on the supports both in the traditional purple shade and a new dark red shade. I prefer the purple. Didn’t see any test paint for the track but I imagine they will paint that too. I was surprised because when I asked their director of operations about it he said there were no current plans to paint it. Looks like they’ve reconsider. They’ve also had to do some welding work on some of the track which doesn’t surprise me considering it’s age and the condition of the exposed steel.

It’s about time!!!!

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby hagwar » Sat May 26, 2018 9:49 am

SFOG1991 wrote:Not sure if this has been mentioned but they are preparing to paint Scorcher. It has test paint on the supports both in the traditional purple shade and a new dark red shade. I prefer the purple. Didn’t see any test paint for the track but I imagine they will paint that too. I was surprised because when I asked their director of operations about it he said there were no current plans to paint it. Looks like they’ve reconsider. They’ve also had to do some welding work on some of the track which doesn’t surprise me considering it’s age and the condition of the exposed steel.

It’s about time!!!!

Awesome, my vote would be for purple too.

Are you at the park now? Curious about wait times for Twisted Cyclone and how far is the line out of the queue station?

Thanks!

Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Postby 3Mutts » Sat May 26, 2018 1:42 pm

SFOG1991 wrote:Not sure if this has been mentioned but they are preparing to paint Scorcher. It has test paint on the supports both in the traditional purple shade and a new dark red shade. I prefer the purple. Didn’t see any test paint for the track but I imagine they will paint that too. I was surprised because when I asked their director of operations about it he said there were no current plans to paint it. Looks like they’ve reconsider. They’ve also had to do some welding work on some of the track which doesn’t surprise me considering it’s age and the condition of the exposed steel.

It’s about time!!!!

Thank god, that ride was looking terrible even by SF standards
Coaster Count: 142 total 94 steel 48 wood
Favorite Steel Coaster: Skyrush at Hershey Park
Favorite Wood Coaster: A tie between The Voyage at Holiday World and T Express at Everland
I'm posting from a IPad so I can't enable pics/video

Donkey eat mullet pump.

Postby beenagins87 » Sat May 26, 2018 4:36 pm

I’m surprised they let it get that bad, especially since it’s at the front of the park, and one of the first things people see walking in.
Coasters: 121 ( 89 Steel, 32 Wood)

Top 10 Wood: 1 Lightning Rod 2. Goliath 3. The Voyage 4. Mystic Timbers 5. American Thunder
6. The Legend 7. Thunderhead 8. The Boss 9. Great American Scream Machine 10. The Beast

Top 10 Steel: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. 1305 3. Maverick 4. Goliath (SFOG) 5. Fury 325 6. Twisted Timbers
7. Millenium Force 8.Twisted Cyclone 9. Top Thrill Dragster 10. TN Tornado

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby Seddy » Sat May 26, 2018 6:19 pm

It’s about time!!!!

This is good news but I'm wondering how they're going to go about this since they are now open for daily ops.
Former SFOG Employee (2005-2006). Former GASM Op(2005). Former Thunder River Op(2006).
Favorite Woodie - El Toro --- Favorite Steel - Dèja Vu (Long live the GIB)
SFOG Ambassador - Per My Mother. (Lol)

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby jopelt » Sat May 26, 2018 8:21 pm

When will RMC learn how to make a decient train? Their design makes Arrow cars look comfy :butt:
[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/8f619ff56ff6b8b5ac102f69da3d2006.jpg[/img][/url]

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby Lotologist492 » Sat May 26, 2018 8:50 pm

Another visit to the park today...just had to ride TC again! The park was surprisingly not so crowded today although the threat of bad weather may have played a factor. Lines for the new TC were about 20-30 min, which was surprisingly short.

Another curious observation made near the Goliath - the (never used and not covered) fourth queue area was removed and fenced off for some small project. Could a small flat ride be coming to that area?

Splashwater Falls was still inoperative. I still say the park could refurbish and re-theme that ride to Aquaman and connect the DC theme from the DC Friends area to Metropolis.

It is nice to see the park making continual improvements. Re-painting Scorcher would be huge too.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Sat May 26, 2018 9:13 pm

jopelt wrote:When will RMC learn how to make a decient train? Their design makes Arrow cars look comfy :butt:

I mean, I find RMC's trains extremely comfortable.

But at the same time, you cannot expect B&M Hyper or Mack-like trains on RMCs either, considering all the tight clearances and crazy maneuvers their coasters do.
Steel: 160 / Wood: 32 / Total: 192
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby FSUFanChris » Sun May 27, 2018 1:14 am

edit: nevermind, found my answer. :)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!