Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

P. 680 - Pandemonium Announced for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: GnastyGnoric7, Seddy, ThemeParkJunkie51290 and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
This B&M donkey is so smooth!
 
Posts: 144
Joined: 10 Jan 2016
Gender: Male
Age: 46

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby carolinaman » Wed May 23, 2018 7:55 pm

I went to media day today also. I have to say I was surprised at the airtime throughout the entire ride. The pacing is great from the drop to the brake run. Sure it's not the biggest, fastest or longest, but it is a lot of fun to ride. This is my 3rd RMC (Lightning Rod and Twisted Timbers are the other two) and I love how they packed so many elements into a smaller coaster. I have watched some different POVs and it's nothing like actually riding it.
Image

Why do I still have a donkey title???
 
Posts: 3568
Joined: 04 Apr 2013
Location: Huntsville, MO
Gender: Male
Age: 32

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby Vonni » Wed May 23, 2018 10:53 pm

The blue track and white supports is just so pretty lol!

Don't put that donkey on the floor!
User avatar
 
Posts: 1613
Joined: 03 Jul 2006
Location: Richmond, VA
Gender: Male
Age: 42

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby redfoot12 » Wed May 23, 2018 11:30 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:SFGAm's Goliath is often called the "worst" RMC. The only knock against that ride is the ride time. It's otherwise one heck of a relentless coaster.


I was about to post that this ride still looks better than Goliath (which I still like but think, in some respects, was a wasted opportunity).

I would love to get down to SFoG this year. I haven't been since 2006. The more I ride other B&M hypers, the more Goliath rises up my list of favorites. Wonder if my memory can live up to reality.
Image

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!
User avatar
 
Posts: 2387
Joined: 21 Jun 2015
Location: Lansing, MI
Gender: Male
Age: 40

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby DILinator » Thu May 24, 2018 12:53 am

SFMMGeek27 wrote:Whelp definitely the worst RMC, at least definitely the worst looking POV video.


:omg:

I'm still trying to figure out if this was an attempt at online deadpan sarcasm, or really as misguided of a comment as it appears to be at first blush...
Image

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5.Twisted Timbers 6.The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10.Phantom's Revenge Honorable Mentions: Ravine Flyer II Shivering Timbers, Kraken Mako Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

Online
I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!
User avatar
 
Posts: 208
Joined: 24 Jan 2017
Gender: Male
Age: 32

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby pryonisys » Thu May 24, 2018 5:46 am

I'm in town for work training this week. Today is the last day and we will probably get out early, probably around 3. This may be one of my view chances to ever make it to this park would it be worth going until 8 tonight? Is there an afternoon entry fee discount or any other discount like at a grocery store?

Thank you for your information guys

I just made a donkey in No Limits!
 
Posts: 93
Joined: 19 Dec 2012
Location: Johns Creek, GA
Gender: Male
Age: 46

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby Krandor » Thu May 24, 2018 5:52 am

pryonisys wrote:I'm in town for work training this week. Today is the last day and we will probably get out early, probably around 3. This may be one of my view chances to ever make it to this park would it be worth going until 8 tonight? Is there an afternoon entry fee discount or any other discount like at a grocery store?

Thank you for your information guys


It is worth going. Great coaster lineup. No afternoon discounts.

Online
I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!
User avatar
 
Posts: 208
Joined: 24 Jan 2017
Gender: Male
Age: 32

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby pryonisys » Thu May 24, 2018 5:58 am

Krandor wrote:
pryonisys wrote:I'm in town for work training this week. Today is the last day and we will probably get out early, probably around 3. This may be one of my view chances to ever make it to this park would it be worth going until 8 tonight? Is there an afternoon entry fee discount or any other discount like at a grocery store?

Thank you for your information guys


It is worth going. Great coaster lineup. No afternoon discounts.

Thanks for the info, I know it was wishful thinking as I couldn't find anything on their webpage

I just made a donkey in No Limits!
 
Posts: 91
Joined: 15 Aug 2016
Gender: None specified

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby middle_keeny » Thu May 24, 2018 9:10 am

redfoot12 wrote:
I was about to post that this ride still looks better than Goliath (which I still like but think, in some respects, was a wasted opportunity).

I would love to get down to SFoG this year. I haven't been since 2006. The more I ride other B&M hypers, the more Goliath rises up my list of favorites. Wonder if my memory can live up to reality.


Goliath is definitely at the top of my hyper list. Second only to Nitro. Be sure to ride back seat and leave some play on the lap bar every hill will have you out of the seat.

Why do I still have a donkey title???
User avatar
 
Posts: 4786
Joined: 21 Mar 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Gender: Male
Age: 25

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu May 24, 2018 9:20 am

pryonisys wrote:
Krandor wrote:
pryonisys wrote:I'm in town for work training this week. Today is the last day and we will probably get out early, probably around 3. This may be one of my view chances to ever make it to this park would it be worth going until 8 tonight? Is there an afternoon entry fee discount or any other discount like at a grocery store?

Thank you for your information guys


It is worth going. Great coaster lineup. No afternoon discounts.

Thanks for the info, I know it was wishful thinking as I couldn't find anything on their webpage


Six Flags is very good at discounts though. I always go with the season pass since it pays for itself in two visits and is valid at all their parks.

But for daily admission, I always see tickets (for SFNE anyway) on Coca Cola cans and at fast food restaurants like Subway or Dunkin Donuts. I could see them doing something similar down there. At the very least, I strongly recommend buying in advance online. It saves you a queue at the ticket booth and it's cheaper than the gate price.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Twisted Colossus, Fury 325
Image
Most Recent Trip Reports- Lagoon & Lake Compounce Haunted Graveyard

Online
I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!
User avatar
 
Posts: 208
Joined: 24 Jan 2017
Gender: Male
Age: 32

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby pryonisys » Thu May 24, 2018 9:26 am

Saddly I think it's not going to happen. Looks like training won't get out until around 3, then it's another hour to the park and they close at 7. I thought they were going to be closing at 8, but I must have read the calendar incorrectly. :(
Sad times, I fly back up to PA tomorrow morning. At least I'll have a "Six Flags" up by Buffalo soon (next year).

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: GnastyGnoric7, Seddy, ThemeParkJunkie51290 and 7 guests

These pages are in no way affiliated with nor endorsed by SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, Cedar Fair, Legoland, Merlin Entertainment,
Blackstone, Tussaud's Group, Six Flags, Universal Theme Parks, the Walt Disney Company or any other theme park company.

All onride photos and videos on this website were taken with the permission of the park by a professional ride photographer.
For yours  and others safety, please do not attempt to take photos or videos at parks without proper permission.

Disclaimer!  You need a sense of humor to view our site, 
if you don't have a sense of humor, or are easily offended, please turn back now!
Most of the content on this forum is suitable for all ages. HOWEVER!
There may be some content that would be considered rated "PG-13."
Theme Park Review is NOT recommended for ages under 13 years of age.

cron