Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

P. 680 - Pandemonium Announced for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby larrygator » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:42 pm

DILinator wrote:So, I got all excited planning my first ever trip to SFOG at the end up April, but then I realized the SF rarely ever opens their new coasters with the park. :?r From those of you following Twisted Cyclone's construction closely, does it look at all possible it'll open before Memorial Day? Or is that the most likely outcome? Thanks!

Even following the construction from afar I can tell you, it is not going to open early. Especially a month early.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby Lucid Caster » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:01 am

larrygator wrote:
DILinator wrote:So, I got all excited planning my first ever trip to SFOG at the end up April, but then I realized the SF rarely ever opens their new coasters with the park. :?r From those of you following Twisted Cyclone's construction closely, does it look at all possible it'll open before Memorial Day? Or is that the most likely outcome? Thanks!

Even following the construction from afar I can tell you, it is not going to open early. Especially a month early.

It's on track.

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:04 pm

I was thinking the other day, with Six Flags over Georgia going the Carowinds route of making the park more state specific are they losing what they were essentially built up on . . . the six flags that ruled the area at some point? What would be the significance of the 6 flags if they are now not being represented in the park? Could it been just as easy to created ride names that fit the current themes?
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby carolinaman » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:05 am

Here is a video from WWU showing the SFOG presentation and the construction tour.

https://youtu.be/xWfQZ8Hr4r0

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby ALT2870 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:39 am

jarmor wrote:I was thinking the other day, with Six Flags over Georgia going the Carowinds route of making the park more state specific are they losing what they were essentially built up on . . . the six flags that ruled the area at some point? What would be the significance of the 6 flags if they are now not being represented in the park? Could it been just as easy to created ride names that fit the current themes?

Because it is the name of the company. :P While all three original parks have their original areas, very rarely have I seen them put in a ride that has the same theme/name as the area it is in. Everyone knows that is what Six Flags does, basically Six Flags is just a name at this point. (St. Louis lost the flags last year, and as far as I know only Over Texas has its original flags flying.)

I Love Donkeys!

Postby mayb78910 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:50 am

carolinaman wrote:Here is a video from WWU showing the SFOG presentation and the construction tour.

https://youtu.be/xWfQZ8Hr4r0

Awesome video!!! If you go to about the 33 minute mark, you will actually hear Someone asking Gene (communications manager) about the additional feet added to TC. You can hear him say in the background that more turns were added to the ride....

Yummy! I just ate donkey!

Postby southpuddle » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:25 am

If anyone is hoping for a third lap to magically be added, you’re going to be sorely disappointed. The other RMCs have had some slight variations in the final product when compared to the renderings, and that’s all anyone should expect.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:12 pm

southpuddle wrote:If anyone is hoping for a third lap to magically be added, you’re going to be sorely disappointed. The other RMCs have had some slight variations in the final product when compared to the renderings, and that’s all anyone should expect.

Exactly my thoughts. I'm just expecting some slight differences in banking/roll directions, things like that.
Steel: 160 / Wood: 32 / Total: 192
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)

Postby Lucid Caster » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:10 pm

southpuddle wrote:If anyone is hoping for a third lap to magically be added, you’re going to be sorely disappointed. The other RMCs have had some slight variations in the final product when compared to the renderings, and that’s all anyone should expect.

Let's be hopefull and not negative please.

Postby Lucid Caster » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:13 pm

Let's be hopefull and not negative please.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!