Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

P. 540 - America's first "VR Drop Tower" Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Former captain of the Arrow bus.

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby Erik Johnson » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:17 pm

coasternut wrote:
omgitsmatt93 wrote:I haven't been to sfog in 10 years. Does anybody know how well Great American Scream Machine is running? It was running quite smooth when I went. :airtime:

My last ride was during the TPR Deep South Bash, and "the water challenge." Not too bad, except for the final stop, but it's always been that way. It's probably rougher than you remember 10 years ago, but I like it. Smooth compared to the Cyclone.

Just make sure you ride in a non wheel seat.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:14 am

They blocked off rows 7 and 8 of Batman the Ride for Flash Pass holders - does that mean that they were essentially sending trains with those rows empty during the day?

That would be cruel if they did - "We would rather send these rows empty than fill them with normal guests"...
A new urban amusement park? Check out this project that I've been working on!
Check out my portfolio on Wordpress!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby SFOG » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:08 am

The Flash Pass rows for Batman: the Ride have been 7 & 8 for quite a few years now. Due to the design of the station, the Flash Pass entrance is the ride exit with a "corral" at the rear of the station. Those rows are used as they are directly in front of where Flash Pass guests are queued.

Our ride operators should send riders from row 6 to those rows if there are no Flash Pass guests waiting to board.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:14 am

Aha, okay. That makes sense then. Keeps crowds from crossing in each others' paths.
A new urban amusement park? Check out this project that I've been working on!
Check out my portfolio on Wordpress!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby winterfox42 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:22 am

So, this cliche old question is for some of you SFOG experts; or at least anyone who lives closer to the park. How crowded is the park Spring Break week (April 1-7)? And which day is particularly least crowded of those?

Hope that Georgia Cyclone will be open, that would be pretty sweet. :|

Postby SFOG » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:48 am

^Definitely visit Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday. The crowds always seem to pick up toward the latter part of the week and we have concerts at the park on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

Easter Sunday is generally a good day to visit as well.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby djwcaw » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:50 am

Can you tell me more about 'early entry' for Season Pass holders next week during Spring Break? Apparently some coasters will be available for Season Pass holders at 930AM? Does this apply to any Season Pass holder regardless of their home park? TIA.

Postby SFOG » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:11 am

Here is a video shot today of the Georgia Cyclone testing with the new Topper Track. I still don't have a definite confirmation of it being open to the public tomorrow, but we are definitely close!

^Regarding the Season Pass / Facebook fan ERT, any Six Flags Season Pass will grant you admission to the park early. The schedule is on the website under the Spring Break Event listing.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby djwcaw » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:22 am

Thanks for the info regarding ERT. We are REALLY excited about our first visit to SFOG Wed/Thurs of next week!!!

I had sex with N-Tag before you did.

Postby Jakizle » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:44 am

SFOG wrote:Here is a video shot today of the Georgia Cyclone testing with the new Topper Track. I still don't have a definite confirmation of it being open to the public tomorrow, but we are definitely close!

^Regarding the Season Pass / Facebook fan ERT, any Six Flags Season Pass will grant you admission to the park early. The schedule is on the website under the Spring Break Event listing.

Awesome! Thanks for the video, it looks great! It's crazy how much good a little topper track can do for a ride. Really looking forward to getting to check out the changes on Cyclone a few times this season ;)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!