TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Hey everybody!

This thread is simple! Rather than having a million little threads about everything that goes on at Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG), this thread is designed to consolidate it all into one user-friendly thread. Feel free to use it to post updates, trip reports, questions, comments, and of course, general discussion. For pictures and videos of the park as well as past updates, see TPR's Park Index Page.

Official Park Website

Below are some links to past updates from the park, you may be interested in. Enjoy!

--Robb

June 10th, 2005 - markings spotted around the park, could be the rumored B&M Hyper - SEE BELOW

July 28th, 2005 - The end of Great Gasp is announced

September 1st, 2005 - new B&M sitdown announced for 2006 - Goliath

July 28th, 2006 - Man dies after riding Goliath

September 27th, 2007 - Removal of Deja Vu announced

June 28th, 2008 - Stupid kids illegally enter restricted area of Batman:The Ride and get decapitated.

September 15th, 2008 - announcement that Monster Plantantion will be upgarded and into Monster Mansion

September 22nd, 2009 - flooding temporarily closes SFoG

September 1st, 2010 - Dare Devil Dive announced

May 27th, 2011 - Dare Devil Dive opens

September 1st, 2011 - New shows announced for 2012

November 30th, 2011 - Rocky Mountain "Topper Track" treatment for Georgia Cyclone

February 15th, 2012 - Six Flags reports record earnings for 2011 season!

April 5th, 2012 - Georgia Cyclone reopens with new topper track!

May 16th, 2012 - Six Flags White Water opens on May 19th, 2012!

June 12th, 2012 - Park celebrates 45th anniversary with Jeff Foxworthy

August 30th, 2012 - SkyScreamer Officially Announced!

September 13th, 2012 - Fright Fest 2012 Details Released!

October 10th, 2012 - Wheelie being removed to make way for SkyScreamer!

February 15th, 2013 - Season Dining Pass details released!

August 17th, 2013 - Southern Star Ampitheater to close

August 29th, 2013 - Announcement of Hurricane Harbor

April 29th, 2014 - Bonzia Pipelines completed

August 28th, 2014 - THE JOKER Chaos coaster announced

January 23rd, 2015 - Batman: The Ride to run backwards in 2015

May 22nd, 2015 - Media Day for Joker Chaos Coaster

September 3rd, 2015 - 2016 announcement of 12 new rides in 2 areas, major rides Joker Funhouse Coaster, Wonder Woman Flight School (Flying Scooters), Superman Tower of Power (65 ft drop), Daffy Ducks Bucket Blaster (Zamperla Splash Battle)

September 1st, 2016 - Justice League: Battle for Metropolis announced for 2017

September 31st, 2017 - Twisted Cyclone (RMC) announced to replace Georgia Cyclone

December 8th, 2017 - Twisted Cyclone Construction Tour

August 30th, 2018 - Pandemonium announced, 147 ft swinging pendulum

Original Post:

Well, just recently footer marking have started appearing around the park, and MANY people have heard from reliable sources that SFOG will infact be recieving a B&M Hyper for the 06' season.

It is being discussed on many different forums right now, and some pictures have been taken of footer markings and survey flags.

http://sfog.playride.com/2006/

Also, The Great Gasp and The Looping Starship will be removed to make room for the new coaster.

Edited by robbalvey

INTAMIN Parachutes rides are now even less if this is true. Not sure why they would remove it since it's a ladnmark, one of the first rides you see coming in from Downtown area.

Oh well, hopefully it's a nice layout and decent .. with the most recent B&M's has me a bit concerend.

Wouldnt ya think they would try to get their current coasters up and running before running to build another...Damn forgot this was six flags, carry on....

BTW is deja vu running these days??

I have been looking at the layout of the new coaster and I’m starting to wonder why do the dots show some of the coaster being out side of the park? I don't think it makes any sense to have part of the coaster out side of the park. I also hope that it's an Intamin hyper not a B&M hyper.

I'd laugh if this doesn't end up being a hyper coaster. Even a B&M coaster. How is this 95% confirmed, are these sources that credible or are we all very wishful thinkers?

I'd love to see exactly how much Six Flags plans on spending in 2006. Cause with all of what I have been hearing, 2006 will be their "coaster year".(Though a couple of tornados will touch land)