Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

P. 659 - Twisted Cyclone POV Video
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby zeus7331 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:52 pm

Went this morning for a lap around the park. Got in 8 rides in 2 hours. 45 of those minutes was the wait for TC. Just cant get enough!! Third ride on it so far and it just gets better and better. Rode in the middle today with the lap bar all the way down. Was much more comfortable than with "floater's gap". I did notice that they are still adding some themeing(sp) to it. There are boats in the center and some outside seen going up the lift hill. Beer sign is gone already. :angry: Welcome to the south where we preach "Do as we say, not as we do!"

Goliath's new entrance is open. Another section of queue has been removed....hmmm. Still wonder what they are putting there....hmmm. Why is the Joker Chaos coaster not running or have a train on it....hmmm. Interested to see whats going to happen here...restaurant or new flat ride. Could honestly use both in this area.

Anyways was a good morning and left a handful of coworkers jealous. :)

Rides:
Twisted Cyclone
GASM
Blue Hawk
Sky Screamer
Goliath
Mind Bender
Batman
Georgia Scorcher

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby Seddy » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:30 pm

Decided to come out here on a last minute type deal. I've been here about an hour. Got some fries for lunch, took a lap on Goliath and I'm currently in line for Mind Bender. I got skip the line passes for Twisted Cyclone and Thunder River. Although the park is packed the lines aren't that bad. Everything with the exception of Joker seems to be open but I haven't gotten to the back of the park yet.
Former SFOG Employee (2005-2006). Former GASM Op(2005). Former Thunder River Op(2006).
Favorite Woodie - El Toro --- Favorite Steel - Dèja Vu (Long live the GIB)
SFOG Ambassador - Per My Mother. (Lol)

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby coaster_girl_79 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:27 pm

zeus7331 wrote:
Goliath's new entrance is open. Another section of queue has been removed....hmmm. Still wonder what they are putting there....hmmm. Why is the Joker Chaos coaster not running or have a train on it....hmmm. Interested to see whats going to happen here...restaurant or new flat ride. Could honestly use both in this area.

I am curious about the Joker Chaos Coaster...it just opened in 2015 so why do you think we'd be getting something in its place? It is possible that it simply needs maintenance...

Postby Seddy » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:34 pm

Just a few details from my visit today. It was the first time I visited on a Saturday in YEARS and the main reason I went was to ride Twisted Cyclone after dark. All I'm gonna say is WOW! :lover: :airtime: :lover: :airtimer:

The back row is definitely where it's at. That first drop took my breath away, and that drop before the zero g-roll was bananas! I'm just amazed at RMC. They really showed up and showed out with Twisted Cyclone!!!

Superman and Dare Devil Dive had lines that I refused to wait in so I passed them by. I didn't even pass by the Scorchers entrance today so I'm not sure what that line was looking like.

Riding Thunder River was probably the only mistake I made today. My shoes and feet are still soaked. I'm convinced that the people in the Coke Freestyle shed had it out for me. Every shot from one of those water cannons hit me directly. :x Although I barely missed the waterfall after the tunnel, those rapids still got me. It was still a fun journey though. Thunder River will always hold a place in my heart just like GASM.

Speaking of GASM, I see why they added that trim after the last turn headed into the brake run. I'm not sure if anyone had noticed but the old Cyclone trains are running through the course much faster than the 3 bench trains did. I confirmed this even before getting on because the son-alert used to go off when the train was traveling through the 180° turn. Tonight it went off and 2 seconds later the train was making that final turn. I rode in the front row for the sake of my head and my back and I was completely caught off guard by how fast the train was moving. I'm glad that the air-time is still noticeable with the Cyclone trains, but I liked the old trains better.

Overall, my solo visit was quite enjoyable. I got 9 rides in with only being in the park for 7 hours. And that's including a few smoke breaks, and eating lunch, a snack, and Macho Nacho's for dinner. I rode all of the rides I wanted to ride and even got night rides on Batman and Twisted Cyclone. Not bad for a Saturday IMO.

-Ride Count-
Goliath - 1x
Acrophobia - 1x
Mind Bender - 1x
Batman - 2x
Twisted Cyclone - 2x
Thunder River - 1x
GASM - 1x
Former SFOG Employee (2005-2006). Former GASM Op(2005). Former Thunder River Op(2006).

I Love Donkeys!

Postby hagwar » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:14 am

coaster_girl_79 wrote:
zeus7331 wrote:

I am curious about the Joker Chaos Coaster...it just opened in 2015 so why do you think we'd be getting something in its place? It is possible that it simply needs maintenance...

Joker Chaos was running today (6/10/18). Fun as ever!

Edit: Splashwater Falls is still down with a sign out front blocking the entrance.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:45 am

Probably a dumb question but does SFOG have all day fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo? If so where and how much are they? Are they large enough to fit a medium sized backpack stuffed with clothes needed for 3-4 days? TIA!

Postby disneymoc » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:59 am

boldikus wrote:Probably a dumb question but does SFOG have all day fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo? If so where and how much are they? Are they large enough to fit a medium sized backpack stuffed with clothes needed for 3-4 days? TIA!

They do! I don't remember the exact cost but there is a set at the top of the hill between Monster Mansion and the ice cream place. I used it a few weeks ago. I will defer to others for cost, size, etc.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jynx242 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:56 am

bert425 wrote:good TR, and I'm looking forwards to going to this park for the 1st time in a couple of months!

Bert - let me know when you are going. I'd love to meet you guys at the park for lunch or something.

David

Postby Seddy » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:33 pm

boldikus wrote:Probably a dumb question but does SFOG have all day fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo? If so where and how much are they? Are they large enough to fit a medium sized backpack stuffed with clothes needed for 3-4 days? TIA!

As disneymoc said, there is a set of all day bunnies near Monster Mansion. There is also another set near the park entrance. If you walk like you're heading toward the Scorcher bear left before going up the hill. They are located right next to the Guest Relations/Membership Services building. If I'm not mistaken the price is $12 for a regular size and $15 for a larger fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo. They look pretty big so I'm sure a bag should fit.

OAN - I'm just leaving the park. It was a hot day out and it was pretty crowded (which is expected for a Friday). A thunder storm (no rain though) rolled in around 6 which caused them to shut all the rides down. This worked in my favor as the crowds started to clear out.

I was able to get back to back rides on Batman but we got stuck in the brake run right after my second lap. I also got stuck in the brake run at Twisted Cyclone and I was literally cooking in that direct sunlight.

Other than that, it was a pretty good day. I walked through Gotham and saw that the Joker was still missing its train, but when I went back to ride Mind Bender they had put the train back on and maintenance was doing some work on the platform.

-Ride Count-
Scorcher - 1
Twisted Cyclone - 3
Acrophobia - 1
Goliath - 2
Batman - 2
Mind Bender - 2
Scream Machine - 1
Thunder River - 1
Dare Devil Dive - 1
IMG_20180615_204320.jpg
Joker's train has returned!

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby The Geek Mojo » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:34 pm

Yeah the Joker Chaos Coaster was running yesterday. And they were getting crazy with it too. They left it hanging upside down for a good 20 seconds once. No way I'm gonna ride that thing again. Just not a fan of Larson Loopers. On another note...Operations at SFOG just suck. They were letting people in the park yesterday without making people empty their pockets, they were just waving them through. Anybody could have had a gun and they wouldn't even of cared. It was a madhouse. However, my family still had a good day. We avoided the waterpark like a plague because that's where everybody was. The rides had pretty short lines except for TC of course. The operations on that coaster need to get better. They were having an issue with the red train yesterday. Apparently they had to glue a headrest on it or something. It was down in the morning but started running around noon. We got the last ride of the night last night or next to the last ride. The last ride actually went to a couple that had the whole train to themselves and rode the back row. I would have loved to been that couple...Having a new coaster to yourself...How awesome! What's not awesome however is they had to do an emergency stop last night after the park officially closed because some asshole ran out under TC to grab his phone that he dropped. A teenager employee actually ran him down and then security came...I guess he's lucky he didn't get killed...Cause it's happened before at SFOG with Batman. Anyways, it shut the ride down for about half an hour. The park closed at 9pm but the last ride didn't happen until 10:30pm. What a dumbass!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!