Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

P. 540 - America's first "VR Drop Tower" Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby voyage_thrills » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:05 pm

Anyone got an update on rumors for VR? I hope they are going to release it within the next few days. I'd be soooo upset if it goes to Mindbender or Goliath.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:08 am

voyage_thrills wrote:Anyone got an update on rumors for VR? I hope they are going to release it within the next few days. I'd be soooo upset if it goes to Mindbender or Goliath.

I would take those 2 over Superman.
Proud Member of the 300 Coaster Club.
Joined June 16, 2012
Proud Member of the 400 Coaster Club
Joined August 17, 2013
Proud Member of the 500 Coaster Club
Joined January 30, 2015

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby coasterer » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:23 am

I could actually see it working out okay on Superman if they used both platforms - one for VR and one for none. That might actually make sense.

My vote is to move it to [the trash cans] Blue Hawk. It actually would have fit in somewhat nicely with the retheme. And there is never really that much of a line for it anyways. And I never really have a burning desire to ride Blue Hawk regardless so nothing is lost.

Lord have mercy don't move it to Goliath or Mindbender.
Favorites: Voyage, T-Express, Goliath (WW), Medusa Steel Coaster, Boulder Dash, Katun, I 305, El Toro, Storm Runner, Mega-lite, Shivering Timbers, Alpengeist, Millennium Force, Thunderhead, Nemesis, Skyrush, Prowler, Atlantis Adventure, Thundercoaster, Maverick, Jungle Storm, Cornball Express, Behemoth,

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby SFOG1991 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:14 am

I think it would make sense at Superman with the dual station, and there is a good chance that will happen.

My only disappointment with this is that we won't get to see Superman operate in all of its three train glory. Also, I'm sure the VR line would back up beyond the queue split for the two stations, so in the end everyone would be stuck waiting with the VR people while the non-VR is under-filled. They would probably need a longer separate queue for VR. Maybe they could run a temporary railing splitting the queue into two, but I don't know if that would fit.

ideally, VR would be reservation only through Flash Pass entry. That would still back up non-VR Flash Pass users though.

If it goes to Blue Hawk, I could see that working if they are running both trains. Expect super slow ops though. Also, the line was decently long during a few of my visits last season, especially with one train ops. VR ops would probably be lower hourly capacity than one train non-VR, so the line could easily still get VERY long.

So essentially... VR is a bad idea on every coaster in the park (unless they did a reservation system and only applied VR part of the day)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:01 am

coasterer wrote:I could actually see it working out okay on Superman if they used both platforms - one for VR and one for none. That might actually make sense.

My vote is to move it to [the trash cans] Blue Hawk. It actually would have fit in somewhat nicely with the retheme. And there is never really that much of a line for it anyways. And I never really have a burning desire to ride Blue Hawk regardless so nothing is lost.

I thought Blue Hawk would be better than Ninja. Can't be worse.
Proud Member of the 300 Coaster Club.
Joined June 16, 2012
Proud Member of the 400 Coaster Club
Joined August 17, 2013
Proud Member of the 500 Coaster Club
Joined January 30, 2015

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby dstephe9 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:40 am

Rollercoaster Rider wrote:
coasterer wrote:I could actually see it working out okay on Superman if they used both platforms - one for VR and one for none. That might actually make sense.

I thought Blue Hawk would be better than Ninja. Can't be worse.

It's much better

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby voyage_thrills » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:49 pm

Is anyone going not this weekend, but next weekend for opening day? I'm wondering about VR, the trains (and hopefully paint) on GA scorcher, Superman repaint and 3 trains?, and JLBFM. I'm really hoping that the "new" area around superman and JLBFM looks nice, too (but it's six flags, guys).

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby voyage_thrills » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:49 pm

Is anyone going not this weekend, but next weekend for opening day? I'm wondering about VR, the trains (and hopefully paint) on GA scorcher, Superman repaint and 3 trains?, and JLBFM. I'm really hoping that the "new" area around superman and JLBFM looks nice, too (but it's six flags, guys).

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby voyage_thrills » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:50 pm

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: I wrote it twice.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby voyage_thrills » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:03 pm

voyage_thrills wrote:Is anyone going not this weekend, but next weekend for opening day? I'm wondering about VR, the trains (and hopefully paint) on GA scorcher, Superman repaint and 3 trains?, and JLBFM. I'm really hoping that the "new" area around superman and JLBFM looks nice, too (but it's six flags, guys).

Acrophobia is getting the VR! YES! Not a coaster, But, unfortunately that means one of the best drop rides in the U.S. is basically gone because of all the long lines.
Capture1234567.PNG
This is from the Six Flags Website.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!