TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

The construction around Goliath has not forced the ride to be closed at all? Just confirming as I may be visiting the park later in the year.

Nope. For the past few weeks I've been out at the park quite frequently and they are usually out there working while the park (including Goliath) is open.

Shout-outs to the guys whom I rode Twisted Cyclone with this AM (6/27/18) in the last car, I'm the guy in the glasses with spiky blond hair & I think I heard you mention Theme Park Review!

who? these freaks?

Yes, those freaks! That's a great photo! Thanks for sharing

Yesterday (7/1/2018) was a good/bad Six Flags day... Batman was running again after over a week of being closed for an unknown reason. And although the back parking lot was packed, the lines werent too bad. I was able to get a ride on Sky Screamer (for the first time) because it was a cycle wait..

Rain caused the rides to shut down for a while, and Goliath had a technical difficulty two cycles ahead of me boarding. When I came back to try to ride it again (after getting stuck in the brake run on Twisted Cyclone due to yet another technical difficulty) they had closed it for the night, even though it was only 9:50pm and the park didn't 'close' until 10.

GASM was the only coaster running 1 train but I was still able to get a lap in just because it's a must ride every time I visit the park.

Even with all the issues, I'm just happy that I was able to ride Batman considering how long it's been closed...

-Ride Count-

Batman - 5x

Mind Bender - 3x

Sky Screamer - 1x

Scream Machine - 1x

Acrophobia - 2x

Twisted Cyclone - 1x

I was there yesterday as well, but in the morning! Had a great time. Sunday mornings are pretty much the only times I go to the park these days. In and out quick before the crowds hit. I got 4 rides in on TC and like it even more than the first time I rode it. It's just a blast. Impossible to not love it, and the praise I heard from others around me was very high. Got a handful of rides in on Goliath, Mindbender, and a round lucky 7 on Batman (I didn't realize it was closed earlier this week, but man I forgot how much I love Batman clones), and I found the atmosphere and operations very pleasant on the whole. TC takes a little time to load, but it's not horrible. Out by 12:15, and had a great time.

I went to the park today. I walked around the splash water falls area. I noticed it was closed again. It has been closed since June. The water guns have been detached and only one car was on the attraction. I wonder what is going on

There is no doubt that there is a lot of mystery going around on that ride on its "potential" removal. Seeing as how SFOG has plenty of water rides to cool off in the summer, Log Jamboree, Thunder River, and DD Bucket Blasters which is enough for the park. I wouldn't be surprised if Splashwater Falls is gonna bite the dust soon. Or heck! maybe it will be themed to Aquaman like SFOT considering that ride is literally "next'" to DC Super Friends. Oh well, we will find out soon enough what the 2019 attraction will be for SFOG at the end of August. (please be a flat ride)

I recorded this in 2011... I think it had to be late August...

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

Thank you for posting this video. It really shows what a RMC conversion can do to re-vitalize an old coaster. No can dispute that the RMC conversion is a significant upgrade!

Splash water falls is still closed. But other than that the park is very alive today. Construction by the Goliath is still going on. Wonder what is going on there. Maybe a fright

Fest attraction

I think the removal of the machines for the water blasters at Splash pretty much confirms that its on the way out. As far as the Goliath construction is concerned, I was told that many (if not all) Six Flags parks are getting a flat ride themed for Fright Fest. I'm not sure how true this rumor is but I assume we'll be finding out within the next couple of months. I noticed queue railings down there during my last visit so something tells me that its definitely going to be a ride of some sort.

• 2 weeks later...

Woman gives birth at Six Flags Over Georgia, scores free lifetime passes

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2018/07/25/woman-gives-birth-at-six-flags-over-georgia-earns-free-lifetime-passes.html

A mother's summer fun at Six Flags Over Georgia took a wild turn when she unexpectedly went into labor at the amusement park on Monday.

"The woman, only identified as Crusita, was with her daughter at the Hurricane Harbor waterpark when she went into labor, Fox 5 reported.

Park emergency responders were dispatched, and they helped deliver her son, named Mathew.

As a literal birthday gift, Crusita and Mathew were gifted the Diamond Elite Memberships, which allows them free entry to any Six Flags park, for the rest of their lives.

"All of us at Six Flags Over Georgia wish Crusita, Mathew and their entire family a lifetime of happiness, health and many thrilling roller coaster rides together," a Six Flags spokesperson told Fox 5.

Mathew, according to the news outlet, was only the second baby to be born at the Austell theme park since it opened in 1967."

Interesting story, and good medical support by the team at Six Flags!!

PS - Don't bother clicking on the actual article. It's Fox News and the comments are racist garbage.

Wow! That is a surprise. The fact that they were given free lifetime passes reminds me of the baby born at a Chick-Fil-A and was given a job offer and free food for life. Best wishes to the mom and baby.

A few notes from my trip to the park yesterday...

Acrophobia has been closed for over a week now. Something tells me that lightning may have hit it during one of the many storms we had last week. I hope they get it working soon because I miss riding it.

The construction near Goliath is moving right along. The framing for the building is just about finished but the mystery still remains about whats going inside.

I witnessed a 5 (yes five) boat jam at Thunder River right at the tunnel leading into the last lake near the waterfall. It was strange because I actually anticipated the jam before it happened - as two boats emerged from the first tunnel within seconds of each other. The attendant sitting at the Lake 2/3 position (beside the Coke Freestyle lookout point) watched with confusion as the first two boats sat there. I personally had to tell her to call up to the operator to report the jam. I'm just glad she didn't press e-stop and cut the pumps because that would have been a bad situation.

Maintenance arrived less than 10 minutes after she made the call. It took them a little bit of head scratching but they eventually got the jam cleared and everybody made it back to the station safely.

Additionally, I stopped into Macho Nacho right as they were pouring in the FRESH queso! OMG OMG OMG! My mouth was in love! Those nacho's were the best I've had yet!

--Ride Count--

Mind Bender - 2x

Batman - 5x

Goliath - 2x

Scream Machine - 2x

Twisted Cyclone - 2x

**Twisted Cyclone Count to Date - 54x (yes i'm keeping count )**

IMG_0609.thumb.jpg.0551671e2b3943dc430ca2260c2c35eb.jpg

What a sight to see! Lol

The construction near Goliath is moving right along. The framing for the building is just about finished but the mystery still remains about whats going on inside

Grain of salt. But was told by park rep on tues morning that it’s an improved (covered) queue for Goliath.

And it certainly does look like that’s what it is being built

The construction near Goliath is moving right along. The framing for the building is just about finished but the mystery still remains about whats going on inside

Grain of salt. But was told by park rep on tues morning that it’s an improved (covered) queue for Goliath.

I was just there this week and they are putting walls on the structure. A new queue that needs a solld wall of plywood, a thin layer of insulation, then outer corrugated metal sheeting?

Edited by Sven20

They need to put a shade covering on the queue closest to the station. The secondary switchback area is fully covered. However the 1st area of switchbacks only has coverings in the corners, that shades almost nobody.

Edited by Sven20

I doubt it. Especially since the rest of the queue is separated from the construction. I hate to break it to you but I think somebody lied to you.

Hey peoples!

Unless Dollywood's expansion is slated for 2020 for some reason, I'll be making my now annual out-of-state theme park trip to Six Flags Over Georgia. It will be my first time!

I'm looking to go for one day during a weekend in September, but BEFORE Fright Fest. The dates I'm looking at are September 1st (Sat), 2nd (Sun), 8th (Sat), 9th (Sun), or 16th (Sun). Of those dates, which do you think would get me the most bang for my buck?

I really don't want to have to purchase a Flash Pass, but I want to be able to ride all the coasters at least once.

^I would go on a Sunday. Get there at park opening and head to Twisted Cyclone. You should be able to get a few rides with little to no wait.

Hit Dare Devil Dive next, if you care to ride.

The rest of the park should have reasonable lines. I used this strategy when I visited the park last month. The longest line we waited in was DDD and that was only about 10 minutes.

What about that Sunday of Labor Day weekend? That particular day is advantageous only because I wouldn't have to take a vacation day afterward to drive home (because I sure as heck am not driving six hours after a full day at the park).

What about that Sunday of Labor Day weekend? That particular day is advantageous only because I wouldn't have to take a vacation day afterward to drive home (because I sure as heck am not driving six hours after a full day at the park).

The Sunday of Labor Day Weekend shouldn't be too crowded considering that the park is open the next day. Since alot of people are going to be off work, I expect the park to be unbelievable crowded on Monday. As stated above, head straight to Twisted Cyclone to get a couple of laps in, then head to either Superman or Dare Devil Dive. Since you'll reach DDD first, you might as well get that one out of the way and then head directly to Superman as these two rides get the longest lines. Good luck!