TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Every time I go down into the Lickskillet area I get sad because I remember Deja Vu standing there next to the sky buckets. I still can't figure out why they would remove it after working so hard to get it running on a regular basis (Deja Vu ran DAILY in 2005, 2006, and 2007). If they put anything in that spot, I would hope that its a coaster with some type of launch. (thats really the only coaster type that SFOG is missing)

I kinda wish they gave Deja Vu a second chance considering the GIB (Goliath) at New England works like a charm. It's location was special since when you walked down to Lickskillet you see this green/blue coaster with two massive vertical towers. I always imagined what it was like if Deja Vu was still here today. And yes, I agree on your point. SFOG does need a launch coaster, the thing is location, maybe a Premier rides Sky Rocket II could go in the Whistlestop/Deja Vu area?

Deja Vu was a fantastic coaster. It had lots of maintenance issues and went down often, but the park/chain gave up on that coaster model too quickly. There were a total of three of the GIB coasters at SF parks; all but one was sold off. I could never figure out why SFNE acquired the castoff from SFMM while the SFoG copy was sold to a South American theme park operator. But - all this happened under prior management, and during the chain's bankruptcy and debt reorganization. I have to believe SF would have kept their GIB's if todays powers-to-be had their say.

With all the awesome-ness of Twisted Cyclone coming our way this year, it will probably be a few years before this park gets its next coaster. I would love to see a launcher but I could also see an S&S 4D free-spin going in the former Whistlestop/Deja Vu area too.

Hi all! I recently relocated to Atlanta and made my first visit to SFOG yesterday. It was annihilated with people (90+ minutes for every ride) by ~11:30 am. When should I be going to the park to avoid these situations? Thanks for the help!

Sundays and during the early part of the week is much better than a Saturday . . .

^I remember having a white Deja Vu T-Shirt. I have no idea what happened to it but I think my mom may still have hers stored in her attic. I'll ask her. LOL

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwi7srXa4szaAhUMS60KHV8KDH8Qjhx6BAgAEAM&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.pinterest.com%2Fpin%2F112449321925803772%2F&psig=AOvVaw3IviqhgrkHkwVP0Jz01R5z&ust=1524448311314288

Is it something like this? If not then this is the only Deja Vu shirt I could find on the Internet. Not a very fancy shirt imo.

Yeah it was just a basic t-shirt. I wish I would have gotten more Deja Vu merchandise but its not like they had a Deja Vu gift shop at the exit. LOL. It saddens me that a ride that great got so little attention from the park officials.

Rainy day at the park today and everything was a walk-on until the heavier rain started to fall which shut the big rides down. It looks like Twisted Cyclone’s track is complete! (From these angles at least). It also appears that they built a new structure adjacent to the queue building.

3F5F8509-3DA5-46CC-90A0-A086F1F899EE.thumb.jpeg.23cf36c27d997ff0ff97e6b2977f9c1b.jpeg

552F4E30-DEAF-4011-BBF3-D63D922C7FD7.thumb.jpeg.ae59ffe3dc8bfd0fa4c482ebb47001e9.jpeg

6F735744-DA2B-4A9F-BF36-284F12A8CC36.thumb.jpeg.7550e725109b42bf9d42c37feb45d17f.jpeg

8A522170-1FD3-4575-BC1D-8FCEC6657177.thumb.jpeg.fcf465c1f61eb13724e0b7fb0ffc0032.jpeg

931C4F79-27DD-473F-B662-F05E6A73DFA1.thumb.jpeg.64ea21c80b9c7e234b2fcd966abc1d57.jpeg

C76B5F35-80E9-45C3-BBCB-F3A51F774044.thumb.jpeg.14c846dd85e2d49010a4aa1a564cb073.jpeg

E465E892-8D11-4352-AD1E-3CFE1C1CB738.thumb.jpeg.844a42f4413487af20695b2aaad4fb6d.jpeg

Also that building looks like a new onride photo spot.

From what I’ve heard, that’s correct in terms of where the onride photo spot will be.

I was hoping they would use that area to have the queue expanded since it was pretty small originally. Now that the lockers are located in the same building, I wonder what plans they have incase of overflow situations.

^Thats been my question as well... I think they may have the queue going outside of the queue house into an outdoor switch-back area. Looking at the different construction photo's, you can see alot of open space back there.

I'm guessing they are gonna get their trains soon considering Twisted Cyclone opens in 33 days. P.S, when you leave the exit it will be a beautiful sight to see the train soar through the overbank turn in front of you.

The track obviously isn't complete yet. Where is that third lap?

The same place the 3rd lap on Goliath at SFGAmerica is... "not enough space" per Six Flags

The new Cyclone looks great. In 1990, the brand new GA Cyclone was one of the best coasters I ever rode. We didn't know how good we had it ... and that those coasters would be short lived (Timberwolf, TX Giant).

^ How could they have done the barrel roll on a straight drop vs the ones that turn to the drop?

I don't know. You tell me. I'm just glad they went with a traditional drop instead of incorporating some other element.

+1. This is my favorite 'looking' ride of the year. I'm glad they went with the traditional drop vs. the barrel roll drop.

They couldn't have done a barrel roll drop anyway because those type of drops are only possible if the track turns into the drop. By default it was going to have a traditional drop.

I’m sure RMC could have done a barrel roll drop if they really wanted to ... think a flatter lift hill crest where it begins to rotate and then follows through like the exit of a zero g roll or something like a downward spiral like Kingda Ka’s.

RMC has proven they can do a lot more than expected.

The track obviously isn't complete yet. Where is that third lap?

The same place the 3rd lap on Goliath at SFGAmerica is... "not enough space" per Six Flags

The new Cyclone looks great. In 1990, the brand new GA Cyclone was one of the best coasters I ever rode. We didn't know how good we had it ... and that those coasters would be short lived (Timberwolf, TX Giant).

Eventually they will combine the cut out parts from Rattler, Goliath, and Cyclone and combine them for a coaster at St. Louis.

I still cannot get enough of this view! The colors are fantastic! And with this past Sunday being on the wet side, the park was a ghost town, making un-cluttered shots possible. Curiously, there is a tropical storm flag atop the loading area building. I would think they would want a 'hurricane' (two stacked identical flags) to promote the (what is sure to be) ride's intensity. But - by definition, a 'cyclone' can refer to a tropical storm, a hurricane, or even a typhoon.

TC is scheduled to open to the public Memorial Day weekend. I have to believe the ride will open the weekend of May 19-20th as a preview to membership holders as one of the perks. If that is true, Media Day will be a few days prior to that. Oh, the anticipation!!

20180422_154142.thumb.jpg.d30ac0c5ba72686b8d84ea8787f1105b.jpg

This will be a BUSY PLACE in a month!

20180422_154243.thumb.jpg.1f1c559f9e8d8b604dd0fa0c8b50ee4b.jpg

JUST a tropical storm? If you want a hurricane, its at the back of the park!

20180422_162606.thumb.jpg.9ef01ac9533faa941c2dd6af8f2e70bf.jpg

Justice League was a ghost town. It was a great day to find more secret targets!

20180422_154545.thumb.jpg.2e9ae4357b9429e55c230115d9123e54.jpg

And since we were on the subject of Axis Arena - it is still very much used. This guide sign was near Bugs Bunny Boomtown.

Still trying to think of a good day to ride Twisted Cyclone when it opens, thinking about a rainy day because of 2 reasons:

1. the Park will be just simply dead as come on, nobody want's to ride in the rain!

2. I'm pretty sure there will be a line, but it will probably be on the same levels as the first time i rode the original GA Cyclone.

3. Flash pass lines will be even deader, i'm considering buying a flash pass for that visit, as my experience with one back in 2013 was a pleasant one.

Cannot wait for TC!

I still cannot get enough of this view! The colors are fantastic! And with this past Sunday being on the wet side, the park was a ghost town, making un-cluttered shots possible. Curiously, there is a tropical storm flag atop the loading area building. I would think they would want a 'hurricane' (two stacked identical flags) to promote the (what is sure to be) ride's intensity. But - by definition, a 'cyclone' can refer to a tropical storm, a hurricane, or even a typhoon.

TC is scheduled to open to the public Memorial Day weekend. I have to believe the ride will open the weekend of May 19-20th as a preview to membership holders as one of the perks. If that is true, Media Day will be a few days prior to that. Oh, the anticipation!!

You think it will only open that weekend for membership holders? Not for pass holders? I'm going on the 19th so that would be cool if it was!

Still trying to think of a good day to ride Twisted Cyclone when it opens, thinking about a rainy day because of 2 reasons:

1. the Park will be just simply dead as come on, nobody want's to ride in the rain!

Cannot wait for TC!

Both my visits in 2016 had rain and I don't remember many coasters being open in the rain. I think I got a ride on Batman in light rain before they closed it. Granted it eventually transitioned to heavy rain on both days, but the rides were quick to close at the first raindrop. Maybe I visited on a bad day, but something to keep in mind.