TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worst Arrow coaster

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seem to remember getting off of Vortex at PKI thiinking that it was the rougest steel coaster I'd ever ridden. I didn't ride it on my last trip there...and I can certainly say that a few SLCs and boomerangs have taken over the bottom few spots, but I'd still say Vortex takes it as worst Arrow.

-Julie

I'd probably say Demon at Six Flags Great America is the roughest one, however, it's still a really fun ride. If they would just reprofile the the drop off the midcourse/entrance to corkscrews, it would be fun. That's the only rough spot, but it's very bad.

Suprisingly, Shockwave was very smooth for my ride. It was also very intense, and very smooth. It was as smooth as Kraken at Sea World (I know, unbelievable.) But, I'm telling you, if you sit in the back car of the Arrow multi-loopers, it's smooth. (I think the trailer is back there, which makes it smoother.) I guess that technique also works on Ninja at SFOG. Can anyone confirm that?

In comparison, I've been on:

Shockwave, Six Flags Great America

Demon, Six Flags Great America

Cedar Creek Mine Ride, Cedar Point

Gemini, Cedar Point

Corkscrew, Cedar Point

Magnum XL-200, Cedar Point

Python, Busch Gardens Tampa

GASM at GADV is probably my personal worst along with MIA's Corkscrew.

Neither compares to one certain Togo at SFGADV or even that horrible Vekoma at SFSTL.

I do hold three Arrow Coasters in very high regards though, Magnum, Gemini, and Tennessee Tornado.

Almost any Arrow with OTSRs. It sucks being tall on an Arrow with OSTRs not cause of head banging, but you have to cruch down to fit in the ride, and then your shoulders are pressed against the OSTRs and any rattleing or roughness is transfered directly into your shoulders, while your are semi-crouching to fit. Neck banging is also possible, if your not pinned so tightly that you can't move. Viper @ MM is my worst experiance with this, I loved it untill I broke 6'. I would have loved an on-site chiropractor after that POS.