TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Pinfari Coasters

What Do You Think Of Pinfari Coasters?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. What Do You Think Of Pinfari Coasters?

• There Awesome
    • There Okay
    • They Suck

I voted for "They're Awesome" just to be sarcastic but was surprised to find 6 other people that agreed with me.

I just became #8.

I would drive thousands of miles just to ride a Pinfari Coaster. Kings Dominion used to have one called "THE GALAXI" when they first opened up their doors and I first rode it in 1978, my first visit to the park. If the lines weren't too long I would do marathons on that coaster. I remember other parks having that type of coaster; such as Busch Gardens, Magic Harbor, and Indiana Beach.

But sadly that type of coaster is starting to become an endangered species with two parks that I know still operate a Pinfari coaster: Adventureland U.S.A. in Maryland, and Morey's Pier in New Jersey. Whenever I hear of any park getting rid of their Pinfari coasters I feel like .

The adventure park USA coaster is a schwarzkopf

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted for "They're Awesome" just to be sarcastic but was surprised to find 6 other people that agreed with me.

I just became #8.

I would drive thousands of miles just to ride a Pinfari Coaster. Kings Dominion used to have one called "THE GALAXI" when they first opened up their doors and I first rode it in 1978, my first visit to the park. If the lines weren't too long I would do marathons on that coaster. I remember other parks having that type of coaster; such as Busch Gardens, Magic Harbor, and Indiana Beach.

But sadly that type of coaster is starting to become an endangered species with two parks that I know still operate a Pinfari coaster: Adventureland U.S.A. in Maryland, and Morey's Pier in New Jersey. Whenever I hear of any park getting rid of their Pinfari coasters I feel like .

The adventure park USA coaster is a schwarzkopf

And it was the one from Busch Gardens Williamsburg, no less.

Judging by some of the responses made me think that maybe I need help, so if you all would be kind to start a fund and send me lots of $$$ then I'd make sure I use those funds to get the help I do need - to ride more Pinfari coasters!!!

"There was somebody out here earlier, running his mouth, and saying that I was crazy. Well, I got news for him: I AM CRAZY!!!"

The Galaxi coaster at Kings Dominion was my first "bigger" coaster, getting me ready for Rebel Yell and King Kobra. It was fun then, I'd probably find it a bore, now.

The best Pinfari I ever rode was the one at Dorney Park, before Cedar Fair bought them. It was a bigger model, more drops and helixes. Smooth.

The looping Pinfari in Portland is the best coaster in Oregon, which says something about the lack of coasters in Oregon. Maybe RMC will build something in the Northwest beyond their test track? Silverwood, some day? (It is not a smooth ride.)

I actually did enjoy my rides on the Looping Star back when it was at Beech Bend around 2009, though I'm not sure whether that was due to my then-smaller height or the fact that Beech Bend actually got newer trains that replaced the original ones. But I can definitely see why many people would have a hatred for them. Those loops are surprisingly intense and circular, but not in the Schwarzkopf good kind of way, and with the original trains I can only imagine the pain people endured combined with the whiplash-inducing layout afterwards.

Won't lie though, if it wasn't for that same Looping Star (and Splash Lagoon) I don't think we would have ever gotten the Rumbler or the 2010 water park expansion.

One less Pinfari in the world*: one of my home parks, Oaks Amusement Park in Portland, is replacing their Pinfari ZL-42, Looping Thunder, with a new roller coaster next year! I boldly assume it will not be Pinfari (my guesses are El Loco, Eurofighter/similar, spinning mouse, or first-of-its-kind compact coaster).

*Assuming they scrap it.