Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

P. 248 - First day of Epcot Food & Wine 2017!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Re: Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:31 pm

^ It's a great ride over in Paris. And I wish people would stop judging it, compared to Mystic Manor in HKDL, Pooh in TDL, etc. Every trackless ride that Disney creates is ultimately different (to a point) than the others. Ratatouille happens to involve screens and set pieces. And it's a great ride, IMhO. Good for EPCOT to get a version of it, for France.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:48 pm

^ While you're not wrong, it's still sad to see what Disney is capable of with the tech and then not use it to the fullest extent. Personally I've never been on Ratty in Paris (mostly because I have no want to ever return to that hell) and I feel like anything in the World Showcase is an improvement. They could install a Wacky Worm and I'd be happy. I love Epcot but the Showcase for YEARS had next to no pull for children outside of their parents dragging them along. With Frozen and now this things will finally change.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:53 pm

^ Totally agree with the "they could do more" for a ride like this. But, with all the $$$$$ being poured into all these upgrades, rebuilds, new stuff, etc., I figured they might add a copy of something that's in another Disney park, to save a bit of $. In this case, it's Ratatouille.*

*And you'll get to ride it, without having to go to your "Hell" of DLP, heh. ;)

EDIT to add: Actually, I am hoping that they maybe throw in some kind of "surprise scene" in Ratatouille, that isn't in the Paris version. Who knows?

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby Bubba » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:01 pm

Nrthwnd wrote:^ It's a great ride over in Paris. And I wish people would stop judging it, compared to Mystic Manor in HKDL, Pooh in TDL, etc. Every trackless ride that Disney creates is ultimately different (to a point) than the others. Ratatouille happens to involve screens and set pieces. And it's a great ride, IMhO. Good for EPCOT to get a version of it, for France.

Considering the rumor of the Battle Escape Attraction & the Mickey ride are both using simlar trackless technology, I think Ratatouille will be great coming as it is. I'm sure the other two rides will be using more physical sets, so having a screen-based variation of the trackless ride will add variety. I don't think World Showcase needs a Mystic Manor or Pooh right now, just some nice rides to fill in the the long void of attractions in WS. Future World has the attractions but they are stale, I'd rather the budget be mostly used in this area to "wow" up this area. Budget exists, and this ride will perfectly complement the area without putting a dent in the budget. I'm sure the Mickey ride & Battle Escape Attraction will be more appropriate to spend Mystic Manor money, as expectations will be more grand with both rides being the headliners of their own lands.

If they are to be using IPs for the Future World redo, which I'm sure they are, I think it has great potential. A very basic retheme of the Seas building to the Marine Institue from Finding Dory and adding a gorgeous Stark Expo pavilion while just reusing the Star Tours vehicles once the land opens, would be wonderful, budget-concious & relevant additions I'd welcome. I think stark would look great where Wonders is, as with the new Guardians ride it will the unofficial Marvel corner of the park. I'm just excited Epcot is getting some love period!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:02 pm

I'm interested to find out more details what type of ride Guardians will be, but I'm definitely in favor of that replacing Ellen's Energy Adventure. I tried it for the first time a few years back and while it was ok, I wouldn't rush back to do it again because of the amount of time it takes up and how there are better rides.
Top 5 Wood- Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Balder, Voyage
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Shambhala
Top 5 Parks- Europa Park, Cedar Point, Disneyland, Phantasialand, Knoebels

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:05 pm

Bubba wrote:...Considering the rumor of the Battle Escape Attraction & the Mickey ride are both using similar trackless technology...

Just to comment on this. I didn't realize that the M&M's Runaway Railway could be trackless. I was under the impression, by the description of the attraction, that you "walk into the screen," and "board Goofy's train"...that it's some kind of indoor coaster attraction.

Just me, trying to figure it all out, :wink:

EDIT: I just found the Caption under the art concept...

Guests will step into the screen of a Mickey Mouse short and get on the train piloted by Goofy in this attraction...

"The train" could be individual ride vehicles, I suppose. But this attraction is surely to be a mass mover of some kind, yes? No?
Like the "audience cars" were in the The Great Movie Ride? And note, the Marquee for this attraction will become the new "Sorcerer's
Apprentice Hat" Icon at the end of that Main Street.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:21 pm

Nrthwnd wrote:^ It's a great ride over in Paris. And I wish people would stop judging it, compared to Mystic Manor in HKDL, Pooh in TDL, etc. Every trackless ride that Disney creates is ultimately different (to a point) than the others. Ratatouille happens to involve screens and set pieces. And it's a great ride, IMhO. Good for EPCOT to get a version of it, for France.

Yeah, I have to be honest, I thought it was a "good" ride, but not "great." I'd give it a solid B. The thing is, once you've been on Mystic Manor, Pooh, or even Aquatopia it's hard not to compare it, because you see other (read: better) examples of what that ride technology can do. And while I appreciate what the ride is, and I enjoyed it ever time I rode it, there is part of me that can't help but to think the same thing as I do when I ride the SeaWorld Antartica ride "Wait, you mean to tell me you spent all this money on a super expensive ride system only to put me in front of a giant movie screen???" To be honest, I shouldn't compare that ride to Antarctica because the Ratatouille ride is at least GOOD where the SeaWorld ride is not! :P

Here's a complete POV of the Paris ride:

It's pretty much exactly as it shows in the video. Not a bad ride by any means, but not Disney's crowning achievement either.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:32 pm

^ How about, it's a great ride, but not the greatest trackless rides of Disney's? :mickey:

(When I rode Ratatouille back in late 2015, I did do the Single Riders Queue, five times in a row!)

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby BlahBlahson » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:05 pm

I hope they add some special touches to the Orlando version of Ratatouille. Pooh is 17 years old now, they should be able to build something on par with it at this point.

But who really cares with Tron, Guardians, Battle Escape, Mickey Railway, Millennium Falcon, New Broadway style MK show, Gondolas all on the way. This announcement was BONKERS. And Nintendo Land will be opening at the same time, and hopefully Skyplex. And Great Wolf Lodge. And probably 3 other things. Orlando is on fire.
Remember: Get out there and RIDE!

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:07 pm

^ I'm still going crazy in my head for what YEAR to really come to WDW and experience it all,
the best ways possible. And include Universal, and Orlando/Florida in general.... :smile:

You are very lucky indeed, to be so close to it all. :mickey:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!