Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

P. 253 - Epcot Festival of the Holidays! New Christmas Event
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Re: Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

Postby deguy123 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:10 pm

I'm finally making to this event in November! Only going to Disney for 4 days during a long weekend. Not having enough vacation time sucks but short trips are better than no trips :b.

I haven't been to Disney since 2008 so really excited about heading back. I'm mainly going for Food and Wine @ Epct but can't wait to see the big changes in Magic Kingdom also.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby bert425 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:24 pm

the Disney Parks Blog shared this wonderful 15 minute film the other day, in celebration of 35 years.

sharing here too :)

Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Dombot » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:46 am

Happy 35th birthday to one of the best parks in the world! :mickey:
1. Mako 2. Kumba 3. Cheetah Hunt 4. Space Mountain (WDW) 5. Mine Blower

"Sometimes I mistake this for a universe that cares." ~Randall Munroe

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby toughmudder » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:45 pm

Not sure if this has been discussed yet, but as part of the Epcot 35th Anniversary celebration, Disney announced that the new Guardians of the Galaxy ride taking over Universe of Energy will indeed be a launched coaster with elements "unique" to all other WDW coasters. This link includes a rendition of what may be the footprint. They also announced that the show building will be 11 stories tall - so this ride is going to be massive. Looking forward to seeing construction progress over the next couple of years. Any speculation as to the ride system, and themed elements?

http://blogmickey.com/2017/10/guardians-galaxy-attraction-epcot-roller-coaster/

Postby Dombot » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:03 pm

toughmudder wrote:Not sure if this has been discussed yet, but as part of the Epcot 35th Anniversary celebration, Disney announced that the new Guardians of the Galaxy ride taking over Universe of Energy will indeed be a launched coaster with elements "unique" to all other WDW coasters. This link includes a rendition of what may be the footprint. They also announced that the show building will be 11 stories tall - so this ride is going to be massive.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby trainplane3 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:53 pm

toughmudder wrote:Not sure if this has been discussed yet, but as part of the Epcot 35th Anniversary celebration, Disney announced that the new Guardians of the Galaxy ride taking over Universe of Energy will indeed be a launched coaster with elements "unique" to all other WDW coasters. This link includes a rendition of what may be the footprint. They also announced that the show building will be 11 stories tall - so this ride is going to be massive. Looking forward to seeing construction progress over the next couple of years. Any speculation as to the ride system, and themed elements?

http://blogmickey.com/2017/10/guardians-galaxy-attraction-epcot-roller-coaster/

Two of the insiders over on wdwmagic (marni and wdw1974) have said (as it currently stands!) to not expect a dark ride portion. Essentially get in, launch, fly by/pass through objects like RnRC and Tron, and that's it. They haven't pegged a time but it's apparently comparable to RnRC. There'll be multiple pre-show areas though since the UoE building will only house load, unload, and queue. There hasn't been any hints on the ride system yet. They haven't said much else on it because they aren't too enthused with it.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:31 pm

^ Two people (out of how many people who do know about it) haven't said much about it?

Not enthused with it? Sorry to hear that they aren't. :|
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby trainplane3 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:17 pm

Nrthwnd wrote:^ Two people (out of how many people who do know about it) haven't said much about it?

Not enthused with it? Sorry to hear that they aren't. :|

They're interested in the other more unique things going to WDW. This isn't the topic for it, but the Star Wars land rides will be packing some interesting tech that they are pretty excited about. The replacement for Stitch was a Wreck it Ralph AR attraction, then VR, then 3d, then stalled and now it kinda unfroze since the pre-show is becoming a meet and greet but apparently it's a new project. So hopefully no more Stitch by the 50th. Apparently The Seas pavilion might have a cool thing happening if the proposal goes through but that is apparently a few years away and is heavily subject to change. A new ride in the UK pavilion is greenlit, Coco to the Mexico pavilion in about 2-3 years, and Brazil getting closer to locked in are other things happening too. But on top of that, demo'ing a chunk of Innoventions and turning it into more flat space as it stands right now doesn't sound good.

So I can get why "just another" coaster isn't exactly thrilling to them. I'm somewhat looking forward to it but it would've been nice if they expanded Epcot instead of replacing (On topic of replacing, a proposed spot for Tron was Fantasmic! A couple other insiders confirmed it as well). The "big bang" conversion for UoE would've been very cool. I'm pretty trusting of these 2 specific people as well of the others on that forum. They've been right with just about everything over the last 10+ years.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby cookiex » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:11 pm

I honestly hope it's a Vekoma flyer. Disney's had concepts for flyers before and they have a long-standing relationship with Vekoma who're introducing a launched flyer with FLY at Phantasialand next year(?) so it'd make sense. You can theme the trains to the Milano and have riders fly through space.
| Taron | Helix | Wildfire | Balder | blue fire Megacoaster | Schwur Des Kärnan | Silver Star | Expedition: Everest | Manta (Florida) | Kraken |
Coaster count: 89

| Europa Park | Liseberg | Phantasialand | Disney's Animal Kingdom | Gröna Lund |
Park count: 28

Postby Dombot » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:24 am

trainplane3 wrote:A new ride in the UK pavilion is greenlit, Coco to the Mexico pavilion in about 2-3 years, and Brazil getting closer to locked in are other things happening too.

Wait, huh? Maybe I missed something, can I get a source on all this?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!