TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What Was The Last Coaster You Rode?

and it's most likely going to stay that way until next summer. . when we're going to plan to go to Dollywood! (yep, I convinced my Spouse to go).

Have fun, and good luck with Lightning Rod. Maybe third year's the charm?

hopefully.

tho to be completely honest? . . I'm way more interested in Wild Eagle.

(shocked he agreed to go, he won't ride vast majority of the coasters, and he is NOT a fan of Country Music. . but he says he likes Dolly, so is willing to go next summer)

and it's most likely going to stay that way until next summer. . when we're going to plan to go to Dollywood! (yep, I convinced my Spouse to go).

Have fun, and good luck with Lightning Rod. Maybe third year's the charm?

hopefully.

tho to be completely honest? . . I'm way more interested in Wild Eagle.

(shocked he agreed to go, he won't ride vast majority of the coasters, and he is NOT a fan of Country Music. . but he says he likes Dolly, so is willing to go next summer)

You know, I can't stand country music myself, but I love Dolly, Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash, and others like them. They weren't making "country music" as a genre; they were singing honest songs about their experience. That r ings true to me, and I'm drawn to that kind of song. Too many of the modern artists try to make a country song, and that's the biggest downfall. If you want to be a musician, don't try to fit a genre; don't work within expectations. You'll always end up singing someone else's song, and it will sound as phony as it is. Sing your song, whatever it may be.

Wild Eagle is a great coaster. I don't fault anyone for loving it. I'm not sure why so many enthusiasts hate on the wing coasters, honestly. I've been on all 4 in the U.S., and they're all really fun, really reliable rides.

My partner and I aren't fond of country music either, and I really don't know Dolly's music beyond a few songs. She wasn't why I have been to Dollywood anyway. I knew the park was very well themed and had attractions that interested me. There is so much to do there even outside the coasters and shows. I could just spend a day or two taking pictures and going through the shops. If your spouse doesn't find enough in the park to stay occupied or to their liking, there is so much to do outside the park in Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg & Smoky Mountains that should more than make up for it after you get your credits @ Dollywood...lol

and he is NOT a fan of Country Music. . but he says he likes Dolly, so is willing to go next summer)

Same. I loathe country, or at least *most* of it, but I love Dolly Parton.

Sad thing is I've been to Dollywood 4 times in 5 years...it was part of a family vacation and we had to go watch the shows. We weren't allowed to go off on our own and ride rides at all. My last coaster was Thunderbird at Holiday World. Fun ride especially since it was my first wing coaster I have ever rode but I couldn't convince my husband to ride it.

The Beast, late on a pitch black, foggy night.

Almost definitely the single most amazing ride I've had on any coaster. I don't know what else could ever live up to that.

...Fortunately, Knoebels in 6 days, so if any other coaster can follow that up...