Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

P. 612: "The Year of Shows & Festivals" details announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Alan Schilke is my "man crush".

Re: Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

Postby Woodie Warrior » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:08 pm

Guess I must really be out of the loop because this announcement seemed to come out of nowhere :lol:

Kinda surprised Lost River is getting spruced up/replaced before FITH and Flooded Mine. Although Infinity Falls looks amazing, and I am not even a big fan of rapids rides.
Top 10: 1. The Voyage 2. Outlaw Run 3. Millennium Force 4. SkyRush 5. Maverick
6. El Toro 7. Fahrenheit 8. Storm Runner 9. Thunderbird 10. Powder Keg

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby sdcfan88 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:20 pm

Kinda worried how much this is gonna change the ambience of the park in this area when all is said and done.
Last edited by sdcfan88 on Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:35 pm.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:38 pm

Considering that's one of the worst bottlenecks in the whole park, widening that path like they did for Valley Road would be awesome.

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:39 am

2019 season pass prices are published, $10 more across the board. Still worth it, and a price increase was honestly overdue. Especially excited about that all season refill cup...mmm, free wassail.

Sorry about the orientation. I tried five times, even took it from the side twice. I give up.
IMG_20181103_094210.jpg

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:19 pm

^ Fixed. :wink:
thumb_img_20181103_094210.jpg
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:04 pm

Awesome, thanks.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby sdcfan88 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:22 pm

FYI about the construction for 2020, along with Lost River, if you have any sentimental attachment to the Riverfront area as a whole make sure you get photos in the next few weeks as it continues to be indicated that it will all pretty much get leveled. Everything from Ribhouse & Dockside Theater, all the way down to Lucky's Toys is being stated from more than one source now to be getting leveled for this project. I definitely don't know how to feel about such a large older section of the park about to meet its end despite the bottleneck issues on busy days. I am pretty shocked at the extent of the removals and changes that will be done at the park as the 2018 season concludes IF this all comes to pass as currently implied.

I'm curious to know how regulars and the GP will feel about this once it becomes more obvious. That section of the park was very popular from my observations.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Shavethewhales » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:03 pm

We'll see what actually comes to pass. All that's known now is that things are being moved around, which makes sense with such a large project and the disruption it will cause since it winds close to this area. I am sure some of the area will be re-done just like was done with Time Traveler, but the extent remains to be seen. It is a tough area for bottlenecks, but if they really cared about bottlenecks they would have made the TT area even more open than they did.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby The Great Zo » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:21 pm

The captain of the duck boat has been indicted.

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — The captain of a tourist boat that sank in a southwest Missouri lake and killed 17 people, including nine members of one family, didn’t tell passengers to put on flotation devices or prepare them to abandon ship, even after waves crashed into the boat during a severe storm, according to an indictment released Thursday.

The federal indictment shows 51-year-old Kenneth Scott McKee faces 17 counts of misconduct, negligence or inattention to duty by a ship’s officer resulting in death. The duck boat, a refurbished amphibious vessel originally used by the military during World War II, sank during a storm in July .

McKee also is accused of failing to properly assess the weather before and after the boat went into Table Rock Lake near the tourist town of Branson, U.S. Attorney Tim Garrison said during a news conference in Springfield.

The prosecutor said he couldn’t release specifics about the investigation, but added: “This is the beginning, not the end, of our efforts in this matter.”
-- Andy
Trip Reports: 2013 BG/KD -- 2013 TPR -- 2014 KI -- 2014 TPR -- 2015 TPR
Trip Reports: 2015 CP -- 2017 FL -- 2017 CP -- 2017 TPR -- 2018 FC -- 2018 CA

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby CaptainUnknown » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:04 pm

^Lock him up.

On a different note, would Black Friday likely be the best time to purchase 2019 1-day tickets to the park?
Sweet Screams are Made of This. Who Am I To Disagree?

Parks: 22
Credits: 117 (23 wood/94 steel)
Top Wood: Outlaw Run
Top Steel: Millennium Force

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!