Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

P. 569 - TPR's Time Traveler POV Video!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:23 am

Man, this thing looks incredible. One of these days I need to finally bite the bullet and travel to Silver Dollar City. With this and Outlaw Run in the same park, plus Powder Keg and Wildfire, it is high on my priority list of parks to visit.

Awesome video too! Wow! Amazing quality.
Credits: 170
Top 5: (1) Skyrush (2) Fury 325 (3) Intimidator 305 (4) El Toro (5) Maverick
Instagram @west.coast.thrills

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby bluestreak » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:50 am

SDC app is reporting a 2.5 hour wait time. I know it's opening day but it is a Wednesday. Definitely seems like they have a hit
Steel: 150 Wood: 57 Total: 207

Postby prozach626 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:38 am

yay101 wrote: Time Traveller doesn't look like it will blow me away like a lot of people say, and it is a bit too overhyped in my eyes.

How can you say it's over hyped when you have yet to ride it?

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:39 am

bluestreak wrote:SDC app is reporting a 2.5 hour wait time. I know it's opening day but it is a Wednesday. Definitely seems like they have a hit

Sounds right. Outlaw Run had a 3 hour wait opening day. This is Spring Break for most area schools, so that's not unexpectedly busy.
Last edited by ytterbiumanalyst on Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:43 am.
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Twister
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

Postby prozach626 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:42 am

RAWKIN_coaster38 wrote:I absolutely LOVED the video, Robb! Looks incredibly fun and unique! I love that every ride on it will be different. Definitely looking forward to this. :br

Yeah, his video was pretty solid. I used to think his comments were obnoxious and unnecessary. As I've learned to take life (and myself...) far less serious I like laughing at his cheesy comments and I enjoy them. There are plenty of other good silent videos to look elsewhere if that's what you desire.

Maybe it was the "My titties are jiggling!" comment that won me over...

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:46 am

bluestreak wrote:SDC app is reporting a 2.5 hour wait time. I know it's opening day but it is a Wednesday. Definitely seems like they have a hit

Out of curiosity, I took a look at their Trailblazer add-on and it looks like you can use one skip per day on Time Traveler. If I remember correctly, the park did something similar for Outlaw Run as well. Did that last for the entirety of Outlaw Run's first season?
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, El Toro
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Helix
Top 5 Parks- Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Knoebels, Europa Park, Cedar Point, Disneyland
Most Recent Trip Report- SeaWorld San Antonio

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby bkraig4life » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:56 am

Looks to take the best of a flat ride and incorporated with a nice coaster, thumbs up here!

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:01 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:

Out of curiosity, I took a look at their Trailblazer add-on and it looks like you can use one skip per day on Time Traveler. If I remember correctly, the park did something similar for Outlaw Run as well. Did that last for the entirety of Outlaw Run's first season?

Yes, for 2013 and 2014 both. Then in 2015 they switched and allowed one skip on Firefall. The last couple of years there haven't been restrictions.
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Twister
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

Postby coasterbill » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:06 pm

Great video!

This ride looks outstanding.

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby ObeyTheShihTzu! » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:38 pm

Awesome video! And for those of us in the "no-spin zone" (but who LOVE coasters), it seems like a heaven-sent ride. (I also appreciate that the rider can actually SEE and FEEL the experience without coming off dazed -- a perfect combo of sensation and perception!)

Alice

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!