Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

P. 251: An Old Time Christmas runs through Dec 30th
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby coaster1 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:11 pm

SDC has alot more space than Dollywood did for the expansion. Considering there is NOTHING by SDC and they own ALOT of that land along Indian Point Rd and SR-76

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby Billy » Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:20 pm

i know this is off topic sorta but does anyone have a good cropping of Wildfire photos? I have yet to come across some decent shots of the ride.

Postby coaster1 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:29 pm

It's kinda hard to get a clear shot of the whole ride cause of it's placement. There's an observation deck, but other than that it's pretty impossible to get full shots from anywhere else, you can check here:

http://www.lonestarthrills.com/gallery2 ... -Wildfire/

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby Billy » Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:18 pm

these pics are great! thanks for the link! i appreciate it.

Postby coaster1 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:08 am

No problem

I'm the gyro!

Postby DerekRx » Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:09 am

This is great news for a top class park. I'm glad they're getting another coaster, even if it is a kiddie. Speaking of kiddie coasters, did the Runaway Ore Cart ever resurface, or is this new coaster in fact that? I know on my visit this year there was no sign of it, and I have no clue where it used to be. Back when Robb and Elissa visited, someone had mentioned to them that it was getting full maintenance like Space Mountain, but that it would return this year. Anyone know more?
All clear....

Dispatch, enjoy your ride.

Derek

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby cgodsey » Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:15 am

Ore Cart isnt coming back.. At least that is what the park told me a few months ago. I guess this new coaster is replacing it.

I think this new area will do the park good. Dollywood's new area is flooded with people now. Maybe this will help the back area of the park.

Regarding Celebration City... They REALLY need to start adding rides over there. Attendance wise, the park is down from their opening year considerably. They really need to pump in some good attractions over there.

Chris

Postby coaster1 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:45 am

I'd bet on seeing the Ore Cart reappear at Celebration City along with some new additions this year or next .. they do have alot of stuff there, but attendance isn't great there, and I'm not sure why as to alot of good attractions they have there (Flying Scooters, Wildcat, S&S Double Shot, Fireball)

SDC to build Giant Swing in 07'!

Postby Shavethewhales » Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:53 pm

Here it is, just as I thought - http://www.bransonsilverdollarcity.com/ ... tionID=862

"New in '07! Silver Dollar City sends your family soaring on an All-NEW adventure – The GIANT Swing! Launch through the barn doors at an immediate 45mph and burst over 7 stories into the sky as you fly a full 230 degrees from one side of the barn to the other. Seated back-to-back on two giant pendulum arms, the sky is the limit!

This is not the old-fashioned knotted rope barn swing of your youth. Natural innovators, the Wilson family has enhanced their favorite pastime into a fantastic flying machine that has literally blown the
doors off the barn! If you’re brave enough to open your eyes, you’ll get a bird’s eye view of the NEW
Great Barn and beyond!

Swing by and see why everyone has a little farmer in them … the need for survival, the surge of acceleration and the rush of back-to-back Gs.
Farm life has never been so thrilling!"

Sweeeeeetness, I love these things, it just seems, well, un-SDCish... I mean, "Giant Swing"? Meh, oh well, the barn themeing looks great.

Rock Your Cock!

Postby Canobie Fan » Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:58 pm

Such a bad ride for such a great park. ::(

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!