Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

P. 569 - TPR's Time Traveler POV Video!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys are my way of life!

Re: Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

Postby The Geek Mojo » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:55 am

legoerosion wrote:They've really toned down the spinning since the reveal.. I don't know how I feel about that. Also, people are saying the bottom floor of the station is empty (which was supposed to be the clock shop), and the second floor is just a wall and some hanging clocks. Can anybody confirm? I feel kinda let down..

EDIT: and that first launch with the slowing down... why? Just why? They should've put in a show building or something to show that you've traveled through time. I'm guessing that was their original plan, but had to cut it due to budget?

How can you feel let down when you haven't even rode the ride yet or even seen it in person?

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby ElvisLuv » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:02 pm

prozach626 wrote:
prozach626 wrote:I'm not complaining at all

Welp, looks like someone else filled those shoes... (see below)

legoerosion wrote:They've really toned down the spinning since the reveal.. I don't know how I feel about that. Also, people are saying the bottom floor of the station is empty (which was supposed to be the clock shop), and the second floor is just a wall and some hanging clocks. Can anybody confirm? I feel kinda let down..

EDIT: and that first launch with the slowing down... why? Just why? They should've put in a show building or something to show that you've traveled through time. I'm guessing that was their original plan, but had to cut it due to budget?

There's still time for themeing throughout the station. The first launch is probably slowed so that the ride won't be overwhelming for most people. Going through these elements sideways and backwards could be very disorienting for a lot of people. I'm sure they want the lines to be long with as little vomit in the station and on the exit ramp as possible.

The lack of show building on the launch isn't necessarily disappointing for me personally, but it was surprising. The cost associated with doing something like this may be minor in comparison with the ride, but if you look at the overall cost of the revamped area around the park, I'm sure all of these things add up quickly.

I will not get a chance to ride it till first weekend in April at the earliest but as someone that frequents the park on the reg as a season pass holder that buys plenty of food when there, I had rather seen all that moving gear work in a first launch show building. I have seen a pov elsewhere and the first drop should have been into some kind of mystical Ozark wormhole rock cave.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:07 pm

^Then people would have complained about the lack of themeing in the loading area. I honestly can't tell if you're being serious or not.

Jesus Christ. This is why I'm not a member of any coaster clubs. I'm probably going to want to punch myself in the face when I go to my first ever enthusiast event, Coaster Campout at Cedar Point.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Shavethewhales » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:08 pm

Whew, I feel like even just the announcement was a roller coaster of emotions for me personally. The opening speeches were great. It was awesome to hear Brad go through the inspiration and story of the ride again. As I've said many times before, that's what sets this place apart and is what I love about it.

So then I was thrown into some confusion and temporary let-down as the official SDC livestream guy wandered through the queue line, showing little more than blank walls and a couple of clocks before reaching the top level. AS IT TURNS OUT, he simply walked past a ton of theming THAT DOES IN FACT EXIST, but due to choppy service quality and the fact that he had the camera pointed on himself the whole time the viewer does not see it at all. I haven't had a chance to watch the TPR coverage yet, but I'll bet you guys show it off better. I was seriously thinking the station building was basically empty at first, and it turns out there's a lot of cool stuff!

The spinning gears in the loading deck and the spinning sign are amazing!

It sounds like the ride is a huge hit as well!

Postby prozach626 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:14 pm

Wait wait wait... So you're saying you actually have to experience the ride and see the themeing in person to get a true perspective? How bizarre.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby tinaalsgirl » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:15 pm

The official SDC page on Facebook posted a no-crowd walk-through of the whole queue. I'd say the theming is at least on par with Wildfire.

I am loving EVERYTHING about this coaster. Not just the coaster, but the renovations to Valley Road and the awesome merch (the FB page posted pics of the inside of the new shop) and the excellent costumes on the ride operators... This stuff is right up my alley aesthetic/theme-wise. I love steampunk/clockpunk!

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Shavethewhales » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:21 pm

prozach626 wrote:Wait wait wait... So you're saying you actually have to experience the ride and see the themeing in person to get a true perspective? How bizarre.

Lol, yeah, crazy I know. After 13 years of discussing this stuff on here I probably should know that by now, but the whole live stream experience threw me off. Shoulda gone with the TPR stream.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Ape » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:05 pm

prozach626 wrote:^Then people would have complained about the lack of themeing in the loading area. I honestly can't tell if you're being serious or not.

Jesus Christ. This is why I'm not a member of any coaster clubs. I'm probably going to want to punch myself in the face when I go to my first ever enthusiast event, Coaster Campout at Cedar Point.

Don't worry, If you go to an enthusiast event you wont have to stick with the group if you don't want to and it is pretty easy to sniff out those who need to be avoided even at 7am.

Postby Philrad71 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:32 pm

Ape wrote:
prozach626 wrote:^Then people would have complained about the lack of themeing in the loading area. I honestly can't tell if you're being serious or not.

Don't worry, If you go to an enthusiast event you wont have to stick with the group if you don't want to and it is pretty easy to sniff out those who need to be avoided even at 7am.

^ And if it's a hot day, certainly by noon time. :lol:

TT looks AMAZING - can't wait to ride it in May!!

Congrats to Robb too!

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby jtaudioacc » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:08 pm

POV looks fun. i like going forward though, so i'll have to ride some day to see if i like it. station looks incredible. i see robb has a cameo in the official pov.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!