Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

P. 569 - TPR's Time Traveler POV Video!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

Postby SharkTums » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:15 am

Make sure to check our Twitter for a full offride just posted!

https://twitter.com/ThemeParkReview

Nothing beats Cali coasters

Postby chickenbowl » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:26 am

Great video! Some of the taller elements look pretty laggy and slow. And that spinning is definitely mild (good news for spin-sensitive folks). At least the drop and twisted airtime hill look awesome!

I really hope the vegetation fills in around the layout soon. I know it’s still early spring and leaves will fill in, but you can visibly tell how many trees were removed for this.

Looking forward to rider reviews!
Chasing Airtime
Intimidator 305|Maverick|Skyrush|Medusa Steel|Mega-Lite
Lightning Rod|Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix|Voyage

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:30 am

I'm not complaining at all, but I'm really surprised SDC didn't put some kind of small scale display building on the first launch.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby legoerosion » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:35 am

They've really toned down the spinning since the reveal.. I don't know how I feel about that. Also, people are saying the bottom floor of the station is empty (which was supposed to be the clock shop), and the second floor is just a wall and some hanging clocks. Can anybody confirm? I feel kinda let down..

EDIT: and that first launch with the slowing down... why? Just why? They should've put in a show building or something to show that you've traveled through time. I'm guessing that was their original plan, but had to cut it due to budget?
i had carpal tunnel at age 16

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby ElvisLuv » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:36 am

:shockr:
prozach626 wrote:I'm not complaining at all, but I'm really surprised SDC didn't put some kind of small scale display building on the first launch.

That's my only regret as a season pass patron, wish they had included that as there was ample opportunity.

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:40 am

Congrats to SDC! Looks like a fun ride.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:42 am

The station looks fantastic and I'm interested to hear how it rides. Hopefully this ride is a hit!
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Voyage
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Helix
Top 5 Parks- Knoebels, Europa Park, Cedar Point, Disneyland, Dollywood

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby Jaykethekid » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:42 am

The theming may be the most exciting part of the ride! The coaster itself looks like plain and simple fun. But I do wonder how the fit is for larger riders. I’ve seen a few posts saying it was tight. Could it possible be more “unfriendly” to large riders than Outlaw Run? At least just the lap bar?
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/a119863cb40d603ccb6f817858d7c1d5.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:43 am

Looks very fun! Can't wait to ride it next week. :br
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

Postby prozach626 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:45 am

prozach626 wrote:I'm not complaining at all

Welp, looks like someone else filled those shoes... (see below)

legoerosion wrote:They've really toned down the spinning since the reveal.. I don't know how I feel about that. Also, people are saying the bottom floor of the station is empty (which was supposed to be the clock shop), and the second floor is just a wall and some hanging clocks. Can anybody confirm? I feel kinda let down..

EDIT: and that first launch with the slowing down... why? Just why? They should've put in a show building or something to show that you've traveled through time. I'm guessing that was their original plan, but had to cut it due to budget?

There's still time for themeing throughout the station. The first launch is probably slowed so that the ride won't be overwhelming for most people. Going through these elements sideways and backwards could be very disorienting for a lot of people. I'm sure they want the lines to be long with as little vomit in the station and on the exit ramp as possible.

The lack of show building on the launch isn't necessarily disappointing for me personally, but it was surprising. The cost associated with doing something like this may be minor in comparison with the ride, but if you look at the overall cost of the revamped area around the park, I'm sure all of these things add up quickly.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!