Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

P. 517 - Time Traveler announced for 2018!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Re: Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

Postby Jaykethekid » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:47 am

I'm really loving how the ride will interact with Thunderation. I love the contrast of old and new. I'm quite interested to see how this addition will liven up that part of the park too. Hopefully it will bring some more riders to the surrounding rides like TNT and Flooded Mine. It will also be interesting to see what they do for this ride's plaza. Has anything been mentioned?

Also, its possibly too outlandish. But i was thinking, since LSM launches can count as a block section, could that mean two trains could be out on the circuit at once leaving the possibility for dueling? I know that word has caused a firestorm in other threads. I don't think its likely unless dispatches are crazy fast. I just think it would be cool to see two trains going through the circuit at once.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/a119863cb40d603ccb6f817858d7c1d5.jpg[/img][/url]

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Imagineer Josh » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:14 am

Sorry for the bump, but does anyone think the coaster will be kinda forceless, knowing other Mack coasters?
Coaster Count - 127
Top 10 Coasters: 1. Voyage - 2. Lightning Rod - 3. X2 - 4. Maverick - 5. Storm Chaser - 6. Twisted Colossus - 7. Goliath (SFGAm) - 8. Magnum XL-200 - 9. Tatsu - 10. Millennium Force
Top 5 Parks: 1. Dollywood - 2. Holiday World - 3. Cedar Point - 4. Universal's Islands of Adventure - 5. Six Flags Magic Mountain

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:19 pm

Imagineer Josh wrote:Sorry for the bump, but does anyone think the coaster will be kinda forceless, knowing other Mack coasters?

Well, I don't think this coaster was designed to be a "rip your face off forceful coaster." . . . So theres that.

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:01 pm

Imagineer Josh wrote:Sorry for the bump, but does anyone think the coaster will be kinda forceless, knowing other Mack coasters?

Yeah, totally forceless. It's gonna be awful. All you enthusiasts should probably just not bother to ride this one. Definitely don't go to Silver Dollar City and be near me and complain about a really great ride because it doesn't live up to what you dreamed in your head. Just go to Cedar Point, a great park with a new ride that is about 800 miles away from me. Go there. You'll love it.
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Beast
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

Postby prozach626 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:24 pm

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:Yeah, totally forceless. It's gonna be awful. All you enthusiasts should probably just not bother to ride this one. Definitely don't go to Silver Dollar City and be near me and complain about a really great ride because it doesn't live up to what you dreamed in your head. Just go to Cedar Point, a great park with a new ride that is about 800 miles away from me. Go there. You'll love it.

I don't usually do this, but...
:nina:

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:49 pm

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:Yeah, totally forceless. It's gonna be awful. All you enthusiasts should probably just not bother to ride this one. Definitely don't go to Silver Dollar City and be near me and complain about a really great ride because it doesn't live up to what you dreamed in your head. Just go to Cedar Point, a great park with a new ride that is about 800 miles away from me. Go there. You'll love it.

I mean... tell us how you really feel. :p

But really though: :nina:

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:58 pm

^ & ^^

I aim to please.

Seriously, though, every time I hear that word "forceless" I want to punch something.

I'm looking forward to Time Traveler with some reservations, as I don't normally like spinners. I loved Sierra Sidewinder and Laff Track, though, so it's possible I could really love Time Traveler. I have the utmost confidence in the Herschends to pull this off and make it a great attraction, and I'm just excited to see how they do it.
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Beast
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby Shavethewhales » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:30 pm

Yeah, totally forceless. You won't feel a thing when you are flying down a ten story vertical drop while spinning.

Seriously, I understand wanting to start some discussion, but that's kind of a dumb way to approach it. What Mack coasters are you even comparing it to? Most of them are plenty forceful if they mean to be.

Laff Track is the only Mack ride I've been on that could possibly be used as a measure for this one, and it is stupidly fun. Take that and throw in a huge vertical drop, multiple inversions, a launch, and all the other craziness and you have me very excited. I still think people are going to be blown away when they actually get on it.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby DILinator » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:10 pm

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:Seriously, though, every time I hear that word "forceless" I want to punch something.

You and me both! :devil:

Seriously, we're talking about roller coasters here! Unless it's Wilderness Run, or some other uber-tame kiddie coaster, it's NOT forceless people!!! :angry:
Top 10 Coasters! 1.Fury 2.Millennium Force 3.Maverick 4.The Voyage 5. Lightning Rod 6.Storm Chaser 7.El Toro 8.Phantom's Revenge 9. Goliath (SFGAm) 10. Ravine Flyer II Honorable Mentions: Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby Rill'o'beily » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:45 am

Shavethewhales wrote:Seriously, I understand wanting to start some discussion, but that's kind of a dumb way to approach it. What Mack coasters are you even comparing it to? Most of them are plenty forceful if they mean to be.

Isn't bluefire for example known for that insane throw you out of your seat roll at the end? I mean Mack minetrains maybe are close to forceless but even those are fun as all hell

Shavethewhales wrote:Laff Track is the only Mack ride I've been on that could possibly be used as a measure for this one, and it is stupidly fun. Take that and throw in a huge vertical drop, multiple inversions, a launch, and all the other craziness and you have me very excited. I still think people are going to be blown away when they actually get on it.

Completely agree. I don't get the whole judging a coaster before you go on it, assuming to be underwhelmed and it sucking especially regarding this and twisted cyclone at sfog.

(although Laff Trakk is actually a Maurer)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!