TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

p. 274: New Fire in the Hole announced for 2024!

It cometh as doth all proclamations from the City of Argentine Coinage, in the month of Augustus, when the plebian masses hath departed for another annum.

multitude a fortnight approcheth in suspsense

This exchange doth please greatly.

I think he's saying, "An official announcement will be be made in August."

It cometh as doth all proclamations from the City of Argentine Coinage, in the month of Augustus, when the plebian masses hath departed for another annum.

multitude a fortnight approcheth in suspsense

This exchange doth please greatly.

I found this POV from the station building posted on social media from an apparent Construction worker there. This is where the presumed drop from the station is. Obviously that was back in the winter, but still impressive.

That photo really shows how much effort some of the huge support locations have taken. That photo is from not too long after they started construction, seeing as the clearing got a lot bigger and the excavations got a lot deeper. There's a big box to the right of the first second concrete patch from the bottom in the photo. Some of that is due to cave issues, but they wouldn't be doing that much unless they are going to be supporting some huge elements.

Big news though: vertical construction has officially started! It's going to be spectacular watching this thing fly together when we still don't know anything official about what it is. Most of us are still trying to verify the manufacturer!

Yes the columns are already being erected. There were about 6 of them seen thru the trees behind Echo Hollow. They are nearly the same color as Wildfires columns when it was new. If you ride Thunderation you can see them better.

I also noticed a couple of concrete box structures being constructed right below the station which I found most peculiar. Ride elements or a storage building? But I will say the station itself is quite imposing while standing down in Echo Hollow.

18620676_10155322024772232_2464536377354622255_o.thumb.jpg.f6322314bc6e44c9d2afe1e6753f11be.jpg

18595544_10155322026972232_3872354193979584495_o.thumb.jpg.951e97f640afd8971ae691cb8d7d15eb.jpg

18671497_10155322026417232_2499593293204668961_o.thumb.jpg.007a268e8f09ec92a55420476c89e13a.jpg

18671572_10155322025037232_1263261843399603113_o.thumb.jpg.d0c3a0ad562796496657436ecc04ba90.jpg

18671606_10155322024792232_3786076754377894322_o.thumb.jpg.48686bc10982c2c9547af115da9cba93.jpg

18671701_10155322024952232_6546257564396413911_o.thumb.jpg.f7abff18c4826327a02c256f3c785537.jpg

Edited by sdcfan88

Same for me. Seems its because they are on a forum you need to login to, therefore cannot be linked to another site. Can everyone please take the extra 2 minutes and save and attach images? Linking to other sites causes this stuff to happen, not to mention if the photos are deleted/moved on the other site you are linking to, they will disappear here as well.

Yes the columns are already being erected. There were about 6 of them seen thru the trees behind Echo Hollow. They are nearly the same color as Wildfires columns when it was new. If you ride Thunderation you can see them better.

I also noticed a couple of concrete box structures being constructed right below the station which I found most peculiar. Ride elements or a storage building? But I will say the station itself is quite imposing while standing down in Echo Hollow.

DSC01788.thumb.JPG.090fd0699a6e0733c272db3ad6c68b57.JPG

This looks like the rumors about a Mack might be true. The supports on Manta look very similar. This makes me instantly very interested in what this is going to be!

We already knew the footers resembled every single footer on a MACK coaster ever. It would surprise me if this ride becomes something different.

I think I've been more excited to see the supports to find out what color the ride will be and not so much what company it'll be.

Nice to see this ride will have a lot of black! All black is a perfect color scheme for SDC, so I can't wait to see if it turns out as such.

^Yeah those are definitely Mack supports, just confirming what we already knew really. But very exciting that we have vertical construction!

We already knew the footers resembled every single footer on a MACK coaster ever. It would surprise me if this ride becomes something different.

Man, you guys need to get out more. Go ride some roller coasters or something.

Very excited for vertical construction!

WOW!! It's great to see the coaster going vertical. I can't wait to continue watching this project progress. The station is looking better and better with each new view! Can't wait for the next update!!

Supports typically go up pretty fast - often several bents per day. I'm assuming they are working from the far side first... so within a couple of weeks they should be ready for track on that side before they get to far along on the center. Surely the track must already be in transit by now; perhaps it is even being held at an off site location.

I can't even wait for an update from this weekend. This is going to be an exciting couple of months. It's like Christmas morning in slow motion.

^Yeah those are definitely Mack supports, just confirming what we already knew really. But very exciting that we have vertical construction!

Man, you guys need to get out more. Go ride some roller coasters or something.

Very excited for vertical construction!

I'm sorry I don't live next door to SDC and the nearest theme park is 5 hours away... I'm also sorry I was so anxious as to figure out what ride this will be that I used references to what evidence we had early on to figure out the manufacturer, speculating like everyone else does.

Even when I do go to theme parks, it is on the occasion of more like twice a year, with SFStL being the only one I ever revisit or can count on visiting every year because that's the only one in the area I go to see family. It's definitely not every other weekend (or month?, can't remember) like you. I'm around tons of parks but they're all in inconvient directions I can't afford to go, especially if I've already have been there and/or if they're in the (essential) middle-of-nowhere like SDC and HW.

I also have way too much time on my hands and even after nerding myself away with geeky stuff like this I still am bored, but it's not free time in the sense that I could take off and go travel.

Believe me. I would kill to be in your position. This summer I am moving back to central MO so things might change.