Universal Studios Hollywood (USH) Discussion Thread

P. 260: Harry Potter Christmas & Grinchas begin 11/24/17
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Re: Universal Studios Hollywood (USH) Discussion Thread

Postby ObeyTheShihTzu! » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:35 pm

Just curious.... I've been a fan of horror (particularly psychological horror) since my family got their first TV. I remember that when my folks went out in the evening, my twin and I would sneak in great old classics like The Black Cat, The Mummy, The Snake Pit, etc. Scared the %&$# out of me and I savored every moment of them. As a 'grown-up," I moved on to cult classics, like the "politically incorrect," one-of-a-kind Freaks, et al.
But to cut to the chase here, I've never been to any of the theme park Halloween nights. :oops: While they look to be imaginative, atmospheric, great fun, etc., am curious to know if ANY of them has actually terrified the bejeezus out of anyone, here?? (Not counting the sudden 'popping up,' in-your-face gimmicks.) Any of these Halloween Horror Nights that you found TRULY disturbing? And what contributed to its success?

P.S Great report and photos!

Alice (ever seeking to be more disturbed than I already am!) :lmao:

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby CaptainUnknown » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:14 pm

That "Catawampus" is actually Log Bunny. From my understanding, someone found an oddly shaped log and put a pair of bunny ears on it and it's been an Easter egg in Terror Tram since.
Sweet Screams are Made of This. Who Am I To Disagree?

Parks: 21
Credits: 101 (20 wood/81 steel)
Top Wood: Outlaw Run
Top Steel: Millennium Force

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Dombot » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:48 pm

CaptainUnknown wrote:That "Catawampus" is actually Log Bunny. From my understanding, someone found an oddly shaped log and put a pair of bunny ears on it and it's been an Easter egg in Terror Tram since.

1. Mako 2. Kumba 3. Cheetah Hunt 4. Space Mountain (WDW) 5. Mine Blower

"Sometimes I mistake this for a universe that cares." ~Randall Munroe

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:47 pm

^
Catawampus.

Log Bunny.

...What? I am sure there are several "critters" around these theme parks, that got a story to tell, I reckon. :wink:

P.S. Could be a thread here - Theme Park "Critters" - meaning exactly that. The ones that are (put together)
like Catawampus or Log Bunny. But I'm not doing it. :smile:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:43 am

Thanks for the report. I've never been on the West Coast at the right time for this event, but it looks like fun.

I think Hollywood's "Jack Nicholson" looks more like Jack than the one in Florida (based on the photos and videos, anyway).

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby anonymouscactus » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:52 am

Question: I am getting the 2pm combo ticket for a Thursday horror nights next week. I have been to USO a million times, never USH. There are tons of repeats, so as far as the day I know the tram takes a lot of time, but I really would like to do it.

So do I do the daytime tram and skip the evening one? Or do I skip the daytime one and only do the evening? Or are both worth it and I should budget time for both? We are NOT getting front of line passes since it's a Thursday and we will start in the lower lot at 5p and don't mind lines as long as we get each maze at least once. I usually do express but I can't justify an extra $200 for both of us on this trip considering we aren't even huge fans of HHN now that we've moved onto better haunts around the country :) -- I don't care about repeats of the haunts so much. Any suggestions?

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby jtaudioacc » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:19 pm

anonymouscactus wrote:Question: I am getting the 2pm combo ticket for a Thursday horror nights next week. I have been to USO a million times, never USH. There are tons of repeats, so as far as the day I know the tram takes a lot of time, but I really would like to do it.

So do I do the daytime tram and skip the evening one? Or do I skip the daytime one and only do the evening? Or are both worth it and I should budget time for both? We are NOT getting front of line passes since it's a Thursday and we will start in the lower lot at 5p and don't mind lines as long as we get each maze at least once. I usually do express but I can't justify an extra $200 for both of us on this trip considering we aren't even huge fans of HHN now that we've moved onto better haunts around the country :) -- I don't care about repeats of the haunts so much. Any suggestions?

the night tram for a horror nights is different because you get out don't you? sorry, hhn newb. but, between the day and night normal tram, i suggest the day tram. since i think the tram is cool to see old sets, or rebuilt ones after two fires, lol. at night, there's not enough light, imo. when i've done the night trams, it seems like half of it is way too dark. oh, and i think the tram is roughly 45 minutes.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby laqueefa » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:22 pm

anonymouscactus wrote:Question: I am getting the 2pm combo ticket for a Thursday horror nights next week. I have been to USO a million times, never USH. There are tons of repeats, so as far as the day I know the tram takes a lot of time, but I really would like to do it.

Both are definitely worth it. Don't skip out at night.
Tigga, please!

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby tanthonyam » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:32 pm

So are those front of the line maze passes one time only? Or unlimited?

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby edgeboy » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:33 am

^Express is one time only. RIP is unlimited.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!