TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Soarin', Lights Motors Action and HKDL Preview Center

I had a chance to do all of these recently so I thought I would pass along some of my thoughts.

Soarin': Wow. I forgot how much I love this attraction! I've only done it a few times at DCA due to the large lines and I almost forgot how amazing it is. The audience reaction during the previews is amazing, tons of clapping and Oohs and Aahs - it really is the perfect Disney attraction since almost anyone can ride. I *love* the que area and the entrance "travel agency" area. It's kinda hard to explain until you see it but it is a great effect and transition from the land pavilion esp. with the section that talks about the different biosphere's with the video screens playing trivia. It's hard to explain but it's *huge* and it looks and feels big. The lighting and colors are great and a perfect complement to the attraction. It's funny however when you are almost to the pre-show area there is an abrupt transition to Condor Flats themeing. It's kinda funny. Pretty much everything else is the same from the Cali version. I think it's a great addition to WDW.

Lights, Motors, Action! - I had just seen this about a month ago at DLP so it is pretty easy to compare it. The pacing is much better in this version with less of the guest interaction and less dead space between stunts. The explosion at the end is much bigger and the 2 wheel manuver is done much better. It is pretty funny how similar besides that it is though. I hope they get the jetski segment in by opening - it was missing in the Paris version when I saw it as well.

HKDL Preview Center - This is located next to the Circlevision movie in China in Epcot. It is quite a bit more elaborate than I thought it was going to be. Tons of cool concept art, tons of cool models, CM costumes, etc. It reminded me a lot of the 25th anniversary welcome center in the Magic Kingdom with all the displays - defiantly worth checking out!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What have they done with the inside of the Land Pavillion? Is the marketplace with all the little restaurant booths still there? Did they change they way people get down to that section at all?

--Robb

It's still under rehab. From what I have heard it looks totally different. For previews they are bringing folks backstage through a side entrance. Everything past where the giftshop on the bottom floor was is walled off. If the rest of the pavilion has the same look as the Soarin' area - it's going to look AWESOME. The food area is going to be "Scramble Service" style - think food court area with registers as you leave (a la value or moderate resort food area)

Lights, Motors, Action! - I had just seen this about a month ago at DLP so it is pretty easy to compare it. The pacing is much better in this version with less of the guest interaction and less dead space between stunts. The explosion at the end is much bigger and the 2 wheel manuver is done much better. It is pretty funny how similar besides that it is though. I hope they get the jetski segment in by opening - it was missing in the Paris version when I saw it as well.

I have seen the Lights, Motors, Action - Stunt Show a few times at DLRP. I really liked the show. However, I saw the jetski segment only one time in Paris!

The Florida scenery looks like as same as the Paris version!

Today I saw a video from the Florida version and the show there looks really more intensive!

--Soeren

I LOVED Soarin'. I've ridden it twice now. Who knows how many more times I'll try it!

The Land eating places are changed where you will go get all the food you want. Then eat it. Then pay. Thats what I heard from my manager. I don't know how it looks. The gift shop has been removed.