• California
    • Florida

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's quality over quantity.

In Florida you have Dueling Dragons, Hulk, Kumba, Montu, Mummy, Kraken, Hurricane. All are "A" caliber coasters. On top of that you have the better Tower of Terror, Test Track, MiB, Spiderman, Jurassic Park, Journey to Atlantis, and the list goes on.

California may have more coasters, but they don't have anything that matches up.

There isn't a floorless that's better than Kraken, there isn't an invert that's better than Dragons or Montu, there isn't a sit down better than Kumba or Hulk, there isn't a woodie better than Dania Beach Hurricane, etc.

IMO, the only coasters in California that are "A" Caliber are XLR8R and California Screamin. What else is really THAT outstanding?

--Robb "I'd rather be at the parks in Florida any day over California." Alvey

DBH (no pun intended) blows away Ghostrider. Better Airtime, just as out of control....and it's freakin SMOOTH!

I agree with Robb...there's no contest in my mind, Florida wins over Cali easily.

Elissa "I need to get out of this state fast!!!" Alvey

--Robb "I'd rather be at the parks in Florida any day over California." Alvey

Yeah ... what he said. Robb brings up all the points that I look for when planning a trip and if I hadn't been to either, Florida would be the obvious choice. Really the only thing I think you miss in Florida is the "BIG" ride. But IMHO, Goliath and XLR8R are the only good big rides in California.

// Still comtemplating a May BGT trip

Yeah, Florida wins. Though I'm not sure I liked the Dania Beach Hurricane more than Ghostrider, and I really liked X, Goliath, and Xcelerator, Florida has Montu, Kumba, DD, and the Hulk, even Rock n Roller Coaster. And Spidey blows every other dark ride out of the water.

On the other hand, California has beaches surrounded by cliffs instead of tacky hotels, you can go skiing and mountain climbing, there's lots of major culture, and though we're ruled by an idiot Republican, at least he ain't the President's brother. Sure, up here in San Francisco we may not have anything flashier than Medusa and the Giant Dipper, but you can walk outside in July without keeling over. Lucky that I have relatives 40 minutes from IOA, and can usually fly SFO-MCO for less than 200 bucks....

I'm with Florida Cali has some nice parks, as well as great coasters (Medusa, Scream, X, Jester....ect) but flordia dominates cali when it comes to thrills & spills....There are more things to do in florida than there are cigarettes in a cartoon! Cali is just a pack of newports IMO!....catch my drift