700 ft. tall coaster?

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
¡Vamos a Seis Banderas!

Postby pvcoasterguy » Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:34 pm

Justin, I didn't feel weightless at all on Dragster. However, the launch did make my stomach drop a ton, like weightlessness does.

"It's not the size, it's the quality."
(Debate begins)

Eastcoast Management

Postby Justin » Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:48 pm

I'm all for the launch.. Thats the ONLY reason I ride it.. The speed rush is insane, the height doesn't do anything for me.

Cheers! :)

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby rollercoaster_fan_1 » Sun Apr 03, 2005 6:07 pm

^agree...The different types of launches on a ride is what either makes or breaks a coaster. Like the ROTM or Hulk launches are my favorite when you are going up hill. But something like a launch into a vertical tower is actually pretty rad too... :lol:

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby sfdlfan11 » Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:04 pm

When i first rode the dragster the speed shocked me that i didnt relize how high it really was. It didnt even seem like any thing comming down cause it was so fast.....the launch was the only thing that was worth it.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby SFMMXcoaster » Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:05 pm

Having not been on TTD, but hearing the reports of it, I would rather ride Xcel and SR over TTD, any better explaing on what terminal velocity is and whatever is happening with all the sky diving stuff u guys are talking about.

Banned

Postby maliboomer » Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:30 am

^Quote dictionary.com

terminal velocity
n : the constant maximum velocity reached by a body falling through the atmosphere under the attraction of gravity

air resistance
n : the opposition of the atmosphere to forward movement; also called aerodynamic drag

Pro Rock-O-Plane Flyer

Postby nannerdw » Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:20 am

I think I remember hearing that terminal velocity is around 120 mph, so costers can only get faster if they are launched. The initial idea for stratosphere stated that it would reach 120 mph, even though it would be 300 ft. taller than TTD. You would no longer be accelerating and losing your stomach at that speed, so all you would feel at that point would be the wind resistance.

Teh Rockness Monster

Postby BiCoastal Kid » Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:50 am

Lets bring KK into this... so it's only gonna go 120 at the bottom? hahahaha, thatkes that ride even less of an interest.

The Resident Smart-Ass

Postby CoasterFanatic » Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:19 am

^^ [geekmode] Partially correct. Terminal Velocity is achieved when the force of an object is equal to the wind resistance. No one speed can be attributed to Terminal Velocity as different objects with differentcharacteristics have different Terminal Velocities. 120 mph is sort of the benchmark for a human freefalling with arms and legs stretched out. [/geekmode]

Whe is the last time you got hit with a 120mph raindrop? It certainly fell more than 456 ft.
Ted

Rock Your Cock!

Postby Canobie Fan » Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:23 am

Time to bring this back from the dead.. But look what I found :D
I was just "googleing" random words and I found that model of the coaster...lol

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!