TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Coaster Trip from Florida

Ok, here's the deal. Every year (for the past 4) I get 3 to 5 friends together and we go for a 'guys coaster trip'. We are all mid 20's to mid 30's. Most of us are married (some of us have kids), and it's not always the same 5 of us (although I go every year). We generally go to a park for 2 days in the middle of a week near late June. We are pretty hard core about riding as many coasters as many times as possible (and riding all the rides in the park at least once). We sometimes will drink a few beers if the park allows (no drunkards, we are all family people just having good clean fun).

Anyway, we all live in FL and we like to go to a park none of us have been to. This year, we need to do something as close and inexpesive as possible WITHOUT going somewhere we have alreayd been to. Besides all of the parks native to Florida, we have been to:

year 1: Cedar Point

year 2: SF over Georgia

year 3: Kings Dominion and BG Williamsburg

year 4: Carrowinds

Does anyone have any suggestions? The closer to FL, the better (we may drive). Next year we are going to Six Flags Magic Mountain, but everyone is a little more strapped than usual this year. Typcially, the trips to places like Cedar Point costs each of us around $700.00 (for everything).

Any input is most appreciated.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I apprecaite everyone's suggestions.

One thing I should have put in my first post was - we would really like to go to a park that has a decent amount of coasters (at least 5 adult freindly coasters would be perfect - although I may be dreaming). We could always go to two different parks assuming they are close enough - so we could leave one park - drive to a hotel close to the next park - and then get up the next morning to go to the second park (we did this for BG and Kings Dominion).

I looke around a little and found the following:

Dollywood: Looks like a very charming park, but only has 2 "real" coasters (Tennesee Tornado and Thunderhead).

Lake Winnie: Park looks a little 'cut rate'. Only has 1 "real" coaster (Canon Ball).

Visionland: Again, park looks a little iffy. Rob and Allisa's review pretty much says the park is lame. I tend to agree with most of the reviews they do.

If we do a "two park" year again, I think we may try Dollywood as the smaller park. Thanks again for any suggestions.

You could do Holiday World, and if the park/waterpark isn't enough SFKK is an hour away. Also, you're not too far from PKI there either. Free parking, drinks, sunscreen, and half price admission if your in a coaster club will help keep the costs down. I'm planning on taking a friend or two up there sometime in May.