TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

CW fanboys are still gonna be talking about "next years addition called Ziz" in like 2057.

I greatly enjoy Canada's Wonderland, but I hope next year's roller coaster has a greater name than just "Ziz". A few years ago when the rumours began to swirl, I had no idea what Ziz was. In my opinion, the name does not sound mighty, in comparison to Behemoth and Leviathan. But, whatever the park decides to call next year's coaster, I just hope it provides an amazing ride experience! It is definitely going to be huge based on the amount of land they are using. Below is a photo I had captured of the construction taking place from when I had visited this past Wednesday (June 13th).

IMG_2433.JPG Photo credit: John Brooks via Amusement Views.

CW fanboys are still gonna be talking about "next years addition called Ziz" in like 2057.

#Truth

A few years ago when the rumours began to swirl, I had no idea what Ziz was. In my opinion, the name does not sound mighty, in comparison to Behemoth and Leviathan.

See, this is exactly what I was saying! Behemoth and Leviathan automatically have a connotation of something HUGE and powerful, for most people. Ziz just leaves them going "Huh?"

Just be glad it's not Six Flags, because they'd probably name a dive coaster Harley Quinn Spinsanity.

ZiZanity

Classic!

Just be glad it's not Six Flags, because they'd probably name a dive coaster Harley Quinn Spinsanity.

ZiZanity

I am actually digging that name. Cedar Fair needs to trademark that name be SFMM sees it and changes the name of there frissbee again lol

Maybe the Z's were turned around to throw off the enthusiasts... It's Obviously going to be called NIN... The Ride ("Nine Inch Nails" for those of you who don't know) Imaging Diving into the tunnel with the song "Head Like a Hole" blasting at you.

nin.thumb.jpg.9986ea4c568f550a0f27177567a1cac3.jpg

The Ride™

Is it truly confirmed to be giga, or was that sarcasm?

As far as I understand, the Giga rumor is just a rumor/speculation based on measurements of the tunnel, number of supports/footers, and calculations based on the predicted length of the lift hill. Amusement Insiders (YouTube channel) explains this well, but it is still purly rumor/speculation. It does appear to be noticeably larger than Valravn, but we probably won’t know for sure until an announcement is made.

A.I. is also mentioning a couple one off footings meaning they are probably in place for a major theming element. I would love to see a smaller mountain or something of the like... maybe do what twisted timbers did with tractors, but we could use mine trains.

It's been awhile since my last post, but I have been enjoying your conversations about the new coaster. I am now ready to let you all know that your predictions are wrong. (IMO) The original plans for the Canadian themed area, which were made before 1980, were to include a train, like at Cedar Fair. The train will pick up passengers from the old SkyRider area, then go through the waterpark and over the wave pool and around the lazy river, to pick up more passengers. Then it will go up a 1000ft lift hill. The old animatronics from Ontario Place will be placed at the top of the lift hill. The train will then drop straight down into and out of, the tunnel and head over to Wonder Mountain, where it will enter the mountain. The train will go through Gaurdian, and Thunder Run and will come out the top of the mountain to pick up more passengers from the new Polar Vortex Station on top of the mountain. The train will make one more drop off of the mountain and return to the front gate to let people off. One more thing they haven't been able to figure out yet, is when the mountain rotates, the tunnels will not be lined up. They are thinking of not using this plan because of this issue. Too bad. I guess we will just get a boring coaster instead.

What is the name of the dragon in Thunder Run? I will remember the minute someone tells me!!

Maybe the dragons name can be incorporated into the new ride, like "Revenge of X" or "Flight of X" etc etc?

No? Ok.....we'll stick with "Ziz".

Herman

The 2019 coaster WILL NOT be called ZIZ. Please stop predicting that. It won't happen. This is a new, HUGE, Canadian themed area. Perhaps they will build a coaster named ZIZ to match Behemoth and Leviathan, in the future, but, the 2019 coaster will not be named ZIZ.

I was very disappointed that Herman didn't make an appearance in WMG...

It's worse than that - you apparently are killing Herman. Not one kid or the GP thinks Herman and the Dragon in WMG are different characters. So they have you murder a park icon. Fun.

Herman! Thankyou.

It's worse than that - you apparently are killing Herman. Not one kid or the GP thinks Herman and the Dragon in WMG are different characters. So they have you murder a park icon. Fun.

I am not very good at shoot em up type rides, so if indeed it is Herman in WMG, then he has taken me out a fair few times also!

You can see herman in the middle of thunder run again. His eyes are lit up. For some reason he was shut off for a while.

Regardless of the name or height if thenew coaster i hope it has a spectacular immelman similar to valvoline. I am not so much into the dive drops but that immelman is the best part of the coaster.

I also wonder how far down hwy 400 we will be able to see it from. On the drive to wonderland it is nice to see the coaster hills of behemoth and leviathan loom larger as you get closer.

Literally the only time I have ever seen the word Ziz is on this thread. And I was an English major, so you know I mean it when I say literally.

Yeah, it is not a name most people know. I also had never heard of it before this thread, and I've been into various mythologies since I was kid.