TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Europa Park Discussion Thread

If I had to guess, I don't think Europa Park will waste much time at all once the dust settles to re-build this area of the park. I would also not be surprised to see them completely re-build it just as it was, updating things where it makes sense to. What does everyone think? Two years and we'll see this area back in operation as normal?

I'm not sure. The old ride had an insane amount of animatronics and those are very expensive if you want to update them. This is a problem parks like Europa Park and the Efteling both have. Pirates and Fata Morgana greatly depend on animatronics and detailed theming. I think that rebuilding would be to expensive. If I were Europa Park I'd start with a complete redesign of that area. Give Norway a bit more space (it was very nice, but small considering the visitor numbers) and redo the Netherlands with a new ride system (Pirates Shanghai, it's not like the even try to hide that fact they copy Disney). I do think the park needs a new darkride, the quality of the darkrides in the park is a bit poor for a park of that size. They may not need them, but I'd love to see them build a new age darkride with a good level of detail.

I think even a Spidersman/Darkastle ride system would be nice addition to Europa Park actually. I would really like it to be a world-class dark ride, I can't really think of a suitable ride system that Mack produce unless there's anything under development (not sure who manufactured Shanghai Pirates?). I guess Mack would rather produce something in house although I guess we can't rule them out using another manufacturer.

Edit to add photo

33583406_2013353748929792_4950735319503732736_n.jpg.0ff1af83271b7bbbd77b16130be0e777.jpg

Image: Europastreet

They've been talking about building a new land with a major coaster behind Greece in 2020/2021 and I wonder if it's possible it gets pushed back in favor of rebuilding Holland/Scandinavia.

Just looking at the photos I don't see how they won't just level all of Batavia and build something similar in its place.

That being said, I really hope they DO bring back the Pirates ride but instead give us the Europa Park take on Shanghai Pirates! (Seriously, that would be amazing!)

I don't know. Piracy and the Netherlands never linked that well, Yes there where Dutch Pirates but nothing to special. I much rather see them go to the VOC time for a replacement. That way they can work in some nice easter eggs to Piraten in the ride. I would love them to go for a next gen Darkride with boats again, more animation less animatronics. I mean look at Symbolica at the Efteling it has barly any animatronics but still is very populair.

So glad to hear no one got hurt. I’ve never been to Europa Park but you hate to hear something like this happen. I thought it was nice to read the support they were getting online. I was really impressed with how the park handle it all and I’m sure they rebuild the area fast.

Although I've yet to visit Europa Park, I feel as if I've experienced its unique magic thanks to the many wonderful Theme Park Review Reports shared by all those lucky enough to have been there.  Judging by the dedicated work the park obviously does to maintain its 'one-of-a-kind' features, I have great hopes that the damaged areas can come back to life in a reasonable amount of time (as long as "politicians" don't get involved ala NYC's post-9/11 redevelopment!!!).  Get well soon Europa Park!

P.S. What is the proffertjes house??

Alice

I think that the first thing they have to do, after having secured the area, is reopening the raft ride before the summer.

Fjord rafting is a major familial ride that needs to be functional for the hot season, as soon as possible.

One must also think about a possible "commercial gesture" (opening rides later, offering drinks to hotels ...).

About the dutch zone, I would like to see an attraction that clearly misses in EP, according to me : a big dark ride OR a free fall/propulsion tower (flying dutchman theme ?)

Mack has alaways used his park as a showcase so I think that they'll build a new dark ride, a submarine one based on their catalogue : https://mack-rides.com/products/dark-rides/submarine-dark-rides/

This submarine theme could lead you to explore the wrecl of pirates ships, which could be new and a very nice easter egg

What's your opinion ?

I think that the first thing they have to do, after having secured the area, is reopening the raft ride before the summer.

Fjord rafting is a major familial ride that needs to be functional for the hot season, as soon as possible.

Good post, I agree. It looks like the park are wasting no time to reopen rides - Windjammer reopened yesterday despite them having to reconfigure the entrance/exit, so I think once they make the Fjord Restaurant safe/presentable (even if it's just putting construction walls up), I think it will be their aim to reopen it as soon as possible.

About the dutch zone, I would like to see an attraction that clearly misses in EP, according to me : a big dark ride OR a free fall/propulsion tower (flying dutchman theme ?)

Mack has alaways used his park as a showcase so I think that they'll build a new dark ride, a submarine one based on their catalogue : https://mack-rides.com/products/dark-rides/submarine-dark-rides/

This submarine theme could lead you to explore the wrecl of pirates ships, which could be new and a very nice easter egg

This is a really nice idea. It would fill the gap left by Pirates by being a slow-moving family-friendly dark ride, but it would also bring something new to the table. I hope whatever it is, they are bold and ambitious with the idea rather than it just being a ride where you sit in a submarine and passively go past scenery. I think through time Pirates had become a filler ride, but I hope that whatever replaces it is world class.

Regarding the drop tower, I'm sure I read years ago Mack were working on a drop tower and that it would be a unique interpretation of the ride. If this isn't what is planned for the new area behind Greece, then that's definitely another idea too.

Poffertjes are a Dutch delicacy - they're like little doughy balls and are normally served with sugar, Nutella or syrup. Hope I've got that right Dutch TPR members

Thanks, KarlaKoaster and Murfie! I'd heard the name, but never knew exactly what they were. They sound a bit like "sweet blinis." I've been to Amsterdam before, but I never got to enjoy these delicacies. Although every corner seemed to have a raw herring stand. (Not bad, actually! Altho poffertjes sound VERY tasty!

Alice

^ In a few of the Japanese parks, they offer the same sort of pastry

(and made the same way), but in the form of little bears.

In Europa park, though....those are Dee-lish > doughy little bears.

600928931_ResizeofIMG_2338a.JPG.09098f7cb6d54d3054a34430c18406e0.JPG

What I and others found (and ate) at Cosmoworld. TPR 2013 Japan Tour.

H07_BagOfTeddysDonuts_TobuZoo.jpg.800b9f2616f267c8da89e6c34f5a9923.jpg

At Tobu Zoo, I found these little bears. TPR 2011 Japan Tour.

Just now catching up with this. Thank goodness no one was seriously hurt. Attractions can be replaced, people can't be.

It'll take a few years, but I'd also bet that the area will be back to normal, if not better than it was, soon.

From the park's Twitter:

We are working day and night so that Fjord Rafting can be in operation again as soon as possible. We expect this to happen in the coming weeks.

From the park's Twitter:

We are working day and night so that Fjord Rafting can be in operation again as soon as possible. We expect this to happen in the coming weeks.

Sound very fast. I know it's mostly concrete but still it can be damaged by fire and when it needs to contain water that can be a problem. Theming can be fixed anytime later. I also heard that they want to reopen the teacups in the Netherlands section as soon as possible.

Which means they really want to get the park operating as normal as soon as they can. Really curious if they want to get the foot stands that are okay back open again.

Sound very fast. I know it's mostly concrete but still it can be damaged by fire and when it needs to contain water that can be a problem. Theming can be fixed anytime later.

It will be fine, they know what they are doing

I also heard that they want to reopen the teacups in the Netherlands section as soon as possible.

The Teacups will open later this week according to Facebook.

Sound very fast. I know it's mostly concrete but still it can be damaged by fire and when it needs to contain water that can be a problem. Theming can be fixed anytime later. I also heard that they want to reopen the teacups in the Netherlands section as soon as possible.

Which means they really want to get the park operating as normal as soon as they can. Really curious if they want to get the foot stands that are okay back open again.

Good on Europa Park, trying to get the attractions back up and running right away. There's something to be said about a park that is willing to take the hit so that their guests will continue to have good experiences, even after the fire.

Europa-Park makes plans for a new attraction after devastating fire

300518dise.jpg.ae2bced1d0d81ad117e91fce982ae1b1.jpg

Less than four days after the devastating fire in Europa-Park, plans are being made for a new attraction. In the fire of last weekend, the dark ride Piraten in Batavia was completely wiped out. "We can confirm that an attraction for the whole family will once again arise in the future," says a spokesperson.

It is not yet clear what type of attraction will be built there. "After the loss of Piraten in Batavia, the Mack family thinks intensively about a new concept." Europa-Park is owned by the Mack family. The daily management is in the hands of directors Michael and Thomas Mack.

Source