Which is better Cedar Point or Six Flags Great Adventure?

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Re: Which is better Cedar Point or Six Flags Great Adventure

Postby RCjunkie » Wed May 23, 2018 1:28 pm

gearbm95 wrote: CP is in Ohio, and unless you want to hit KI as well its really just full of meth.

New Jersey has plenty of meth too. Just go to shore. :lol:

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby JT325 » Wed May 23, 2018 1:38 pm

I always find decent mid-range hotels within a 15 minute drive of The Point... that classic Super 8 is particularly nice (for what it is).

Speaking of hotels, isn't Great Adventure infamous for having no close accommodations?
#CPFrontierLift2019

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillrider » Wed May 23, 2018 1:44 pm

JT325 wrote:I always find decent mid-range hotels within a 15 minute drive of The Point... that classic Super 8 is particularly nice (for what it is).

Speaking of hotels, isn't Great Adventure infamous for having no close accommodations?

We just booked a hotel by the park. Closest hotel is about 9 miles away. I am baffled by this. Such a large park, and no accommodations.
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Wed May 23, 2018 1:44 pm

gearbm95 wrote:Either park you'll have a blast, its just depressing trying to find anything to do at night around CP. They didn't even have Uber to get you back to your hotel which limited any type of drinking we could do at the park.

Just saying - you'll have this same issue w/ Great Adventure. The park is nowhere near anything - Trenton is a little less than 30 mins but whoTF wants to go to Trenton? Otherwise you're looking at NYC or Philly (both an hour) or the Jersey shore (even further). And Uber is almost non-existent around Jackson.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Wed May 23, 2018 1:49 pm

JT325 wrote:I always find decent mid-range hotels within a 15 minute drive of The Point... that classic Super 8 is particularly nice (for what it is)

If you’re talking about the one by the Harley place I doubt anyone who wants 3.5 to 4 stars is going to be on board with that place. I’ve stayed there quite a bit. It’s fine for a Super 8 but that’s as “2 star” as they come. The one back by the Interstate is actually pretty good for a Super 8 but it’s still a Super 8 and it’s a long way from the park.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed May 23, 2018 2:16 pm

Bottom line. You can't go wrong with either park. If you can only choose one, just pick one. There. Problem solved.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby thesman » Wed May 23, 2018 2:56 pm

IMO rides at Great Adventure are better but a better over all experience go to Cedar Point.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby bill_s » Wed May 23, 2018 3:12 pm

From what I've heard, CP may be one of the only places more crowded than GA. Best day to go to GA is in early November, CP is closed. However, for a normal summer weekday visit CP is probably cooler, as well as having a better lineup and setting. If I *had* to go to a park on a popular Saturday, I'd take KD or the like over either one, even with fastpass.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby JT325 » Wed May 23, 2018 3:18 pm

bill_s wrote:From what I've heard, CP may be one of the only places more crowded than GA.

True, I think Cedar Point holds the crowds a little better. Not too many dead-ends. I seem to remember long, congested pathways to some of Great Adventure's most popular rides.
#CPFrontierLift2019

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby SFMMGeek27 » Wed May 23, 2018 3:25 pm

Why not both? They’re not super far from each other geographically and you could get between them in 8 hours driving, you could do that after spending half a day at one of the parks!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!