Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4248 - Steel Vengeance Front Seat POV!
Users viewing this topic: tdaun and 13 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby Seddy » Thu May 17, 2018 11:27 am

cparkes92 wrote:
thrillrider wrote:
cparkes92 wrote:SV with one train runs better than some Six Flags coasters with two trains

How so?

The SV crew turns trains around quickly (dispatches around 90 seconds), while some coasters at Six Flags parks have 10 minute dispatches

Troll alert!
Former SFOG Employee (2005-2006). Former GASM Op(2005). Former Thunder River Op(2006).
Favorite Woodie - El Toro --- Favorite Steel - Dèja Vu (Long live the GIB)
SFOG Ambassador - Per My Mother. (Lol)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillrider » Thu May 17, 2018 11:35 am

Seddy wrote:
cparkes92 wrote:
thrillrider wrote:
cparkes92 wrote:SV with one train runs better than some Six Flags coasters with two trains

How so?

The SV crew turns trains around quickly (dispatches around 90 seconds), while some coasters at Six Flags parks have 10 minute dispatches

Troll alert!

Yea...ummm...ok
261 steel coasters
100 wood coasters

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Thu May 17, 2018 12:40 pm

coasterbill wrote:
cparkes92 wrote:
thrillrider wrote:

How so?

Oh come on. I've never seen a 10 minute dispatch at any Six Flags park, not even La Ronde (though it wasn't for lack of effort).

I take it you've never been to Magic Mountain?

Not saying it's the norm, but I'm pretty sure we saw dispatches close to that when I was last there for TC in it's opening year. It was at least long enough that one train went out and came back and waited a few minutes before the other even dispatched. Mind you that's with it even slowing down on the second lift.

Regardless, Six Flags gets too much hate. I've seen awful operations at Cedar Fair parks too.
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby DILinator » Thu May 17, 2018 1:40 pm

irideburton4 wrote:How busy is the park today?
Im on my way from chicago and almost there :)))))) SV here I come

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

You're probably here by now, and don't need me to tell you this, but crowds are very minimal, as they typically are this time of year. Haven't waited more than a half hour for anything (though I'm guessing SV is longer than that now that it's not early entry), and have walked into the station on everything except MF (ramp wait), and Valravn. Of course, we rode Maverick at the end of Early Entry as well, so the walk up isn't probably indicative of how it's been most of the day! Lol.

TTD has stood for Tepid Thrill Downtime today, so I don't know if my two older kids will get their first ride on it today. Other than that though, most rides and coasters have operated, and operated well (aside from Corkscrew and maXair!) The food stands have been almost AWOL however, which is annoying when you have the All Day Dining Plan...

Still, it's a beautiful day, with little waiting, and lots of Cedar Point goodness! Can't wait to get another ride or two on Steel Vengeance later! =)

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5.Twisted Timbers 6.The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10.Phantom's Revenge Honorable Mentions: Ravine Flyer II Shivering Timbers, Kraken Mako Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Thu May 17, 2018 1:45 pm

coasterbill wrote:
cparkes92 wrote:
thrillrider wrote:

How so?

Oh come on. I've never seen a 10 minute dispatch at any Six Flags park, not even La Ronde (though it wasn't for lack of effort).

I can vouch for 10 minute dispatches at Six Flags parks. Granted it's ever only been twice. But it still happened. Once was at Six Flags St. Louis on Ninja with that stupid VR crap. The second one was at Six Flags America on Apocalypse. The ride operators were just standing around chit-chatting, and completely ignoring the ride. Once they finally got around to doing their job checking/clearing the train would take them a good 4-5 minutes. (Not exaggerating) The only reason I knew these two dispatches were 10+ minutes was because I ended up getting slightly annoyed and timed it just to see how badly they were sucking.

Also, I'm going to need Cedar Point to get camera 3 off of SV! I've wasted half my day watching that thing. :lol:
Bigger is not always better.

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Thu May 17, 2018 2:46 pm

Oh wow it's actually running! Didn't see it yesterday or earlier. Right now I watched 6 Millennium trains go by before I finally saw a SV train peek out on the lift. Hopefully the line isn't too long because that was about 10-12 minutes of having the webcam up with only 1 train going by.
Chi-livin. @adultswim @cartoonnetwork | World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd.
Snaps: photoboothezizi

Postby thrillrider » Thu May 17, 2018 2:53 pm

DoinItForTheFame wrote:
coasterbill wrote:
cparkes92 wrote:
thrillrider wrote:

How so?

I can vouch for 10 minute dispatches at Six Flags parks. Granted it's ever only been twice. But it still happened. Once was at Six Flags St. Louis on Ninja with that stupid VR crap. The second one was at Six Flags America on Apocalypse. The ride operators were just standing around chit-chatting, and completely ignoring the ride. Once they finally got around to doing their job checking/clearing the train would take them a good 4-5 minutes. (Not exaggerating) The only reason I knew these two dispatches were 10+ minutes was because I ended up getting slightly annoyed and timed it just to see how badly they were sucking.

Also, I'm going to need Cedar Point to get camera 3 off of SV! I've wasted half my day watching that thing. :lol:

So you are pointing out that a vr ride( notoriously known for slow operations) and a standup coaster(slow loading process) had slow operations? I've ran into crews playing on there cell phones at cedarpoint last season causing long Waits as well. It happens. Look who the parks have working for them. Teens making minimum wage.

Remember Mantis and the constant stacking of just 2 trains? We did the vr on iron dragon a few years back, and it took over 15 min for our train to be dispatched. Neither of those are necessarily the crews fault, it's just the nature of the process. Just pointing out that it happens at all park chains just like slow ride crews can and have. Six flags has really improved compared to what it used to be.

I am known to point out the good AND bad, regardless of what park it's at. I've pointed out negative things at all park chains, just like I've pointed out positive things at all park chains.There are a few people that have the attitude that the park can do no wrong regardless what it is. But that's cool, because I used to be the same way =) . Then I started traveling the world and got to see a lot of other parks in action. Cedarpoint is definitely "near" the top of the list when it comes to operations.
With that being said, I'm glad they got the coaster running, and we are looking forward to getting on it. May have to wait a few weeks untill they get the bugs worked out though. What sucks, is not being able to visit the park yet because of a recent surgery. Hopefully I'll get to the park next week sometime if I get cleared to do so.
261 steel coasters
100 wood coasters

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby anonymouscactus » Thu May 17, 2018 3:03 pm

Anyone have details on this?

Haven't waited more than a half hour for anything (though I'm guessing SV is longer than that now that it's not early entry)

I read that one day they didn't have it ready and opened Magnum instead, but is it true the last few days it wasn't running at all for early entry? It's still listed on the website, so that's why I'm wondering. I know it's probably a crapshoot, but is it just consistently not ready, or is it really not available at all?

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu May 17, 2018 3:07 pm

thrillrider wrote:...Then I started traveling the world and got to see a lot of other parks in action. Cedarpoint is definitely "near" the top of the list when it comes to operations....

One of The Most Important Things he's said. Once you travel the world a bit, operations of a lot of U.S.
and Canada parks are pretty (edit) Awesome, in comparison to "the rest of the world."

My 5 cents. (no pennies any more, up here)
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby ArgoZ » Thu May 17, 2018 5:23 pm

Aardvark Barber wrote:I can't stop watching the live video feed #3 either.

I'm bursting with excitement over here. Have a half day at work tomorrow, driving up to the point from Pittsburgh, staying at Lighthouse Point Friday and Saturday night, heading to the park on Saturday and Sunday!!

I believe my last trip was in 2009, so almost 10 years ago!

My family are staying at Lighthouse Point too this weekend! Sat looks like storms, but Sunday looks OK. Should be lighter crowds for a weekend. See ya there!

PreviousNext