TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Looking forward to seeing all the videos and reactions tomorrow! I see that the media event is from 5:00 AM to 1:00 PM.. Anyone know why it starts so early in the day? Sunrise is at 6:30, it seems odd to me that the event would start before sunrise.

Looking forward to seeing all the videos and reactions tomorrow! I see that the media event is from 5:00 AM to 1:00 PM.. Anyone know why it starts so early in the day? Sunrise is at 6:30, it seems odd to me that the event would start before sunrise.

It is very common for national media to do a spot that early because of time zones. They may have something they need to get out for a 6am news feed and it has to be filmed and edited before then.

The first thing I thought when I saw Robb is at Cedar Point for the Media Day was "Oh man, I can't wait to "hear" his on-ride reactions." We've seen the video of Tony and the ride looks amazing, but nobody narrates a ride like Robb.

Ok, I'm excited to SEE Robb's reactions as well...

The timeline of how this ride has influenced me the past "year" is crazy. I started out caring about it, but writing it off as something I'll ride when I get to ride it. Once testing started I got more hype and was planning on coming in like 2019/2020, but now seeing the POV, I literally am trying to figure out a way to get there ASAP this summer just for this beast ALONE. I've never had that happen with any ride before. I've never even been to Cedar Point in general so it's almost like getting to kill 2 birds with one stone if I can figure out a way to make it happen. I'd gladly spend AT LEAST 2 days at the park, ideally 3. Hopefully I can make it work.

The first thing I thought when I saw Robb is at Cedar Point for the Media Day was "Oh man, I can't wait to "hear" his on-ride reactions." We've seen the video of Tony and the ride looks amazing, but nobody narrates a ride like Robb.

Ok, I'm excited to SEE Robb's reactions as well...

I can hear it now "Airtime!!I", "And more airtime!!!","Now we're upside down!!!", and don't forget all the "WEEEEES!!!" I LOVE HIS COMMENTARY THOUGH!!

Anyway that ad gave me shivers and I cannot wait to ride! Even though opening day looks like it won't be too pretty, it won't be my first rainy and cold day at the park if the weather doesn't cooperate.

Two rides on it so far and already my thighs are sore from all the ejector airtime! As you would expect, super smooth and you are out of your seat more than you are in it. Absolutely love the second outside bank turn and the second half is a blast. Solid ride start to finish!

Also, even given the colder temps... I believe there are "wheel warmers" under the station. You can feel the heat radiating from the space between the cars. Side note, MCBR does not even touch the train. Hauls right thru! I can't imagine the ride going even faster than it already does... After another two rides, I will have to say that element duo above the lift is my favorite part. The roll, turn and zero-g stall combo is incredible!

Also, even given the colder temps... I believe there are "wheel warmers" under the station. You can feel the heat radiating from the space between the cars.

Winterfest confirmed??!

Really looking forward to May 2 for the passholder preview night. Looking at the "Way to early to matter in Ohio cause it'll change 1,000,000 times anyways forecast" (and yes, I live in Cleveland so I know I'm stupid for looking) I may have lost the weather lottery for the day I picked. But oh well. I'll gladly take a chilly rainy ride!

This may be the first season I invest some cash into a FL+ for a visit.

Side note, MCBR does not even touch the train. Hauls right thru!

I noticed that in the POV! God, I hope they keep it running that way when it officially opens up.

I... I might have to leave the kid at home and make an emergency trip out here.

Steel Vengence looks incredible!!! Can't wait for Robb's review!

[twitter]

[/twitter]

My dad's been toying with the idea of taking his RV out here sometime soon. Might push him to make it happen this year.

So I gotta ask, what's the locker rule for this ride. I'm guessing no in-station cubbies so you need to rent one before getting in line?