TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I can't load the link about the land clearing, but assume that is where the bike show stadium was?

Even if they removed WT, that plot would be pretty small to cram a coaster any larger than a T-Rex or some type of mouse/spinner. Whatever it is, I hope that it's something cool that is themed to the boardwalk (my preference would be to get a good flat and keep WT).

This one's for Bert , and everyone else too. Just a cool retro FYI. Scrambler has been in or near it's exact spot as far back as I can remember. I can still remember when that area had a Flying Coaster (Kennywood's Kangaroo type ride) , a Chance Twister, and Scamper (wooden wild mouse). This was back in the 1960's and I found a map from CP circa 1966.

1080579470_Cedar_Point_Map1966.jpg.e469338c2fc11c0e8f6190683fb570e8.jpg

that IS awesome. . don't remember seeing a map like that in the Museum, so it's very cool to see.

If I could have a unicorn, what i'd wish for over at that open pad?

Move most of the rides from Kiddie Kingdom over to Planet Snoop (expanded into Shoot the Rapids, or if for 2019, into where Dinosaurs Alive! is now).

then in that larger pad, install a flume, like you see on the pleasure piers in NJ or Gaveston. . . extending from beach out in over by where Melt is (and some of the kiddie rides were).

I know that won't happen, but it's nice to dream

it's far more likely, if CP gets another flume, it would go where Shoot the Rapids was. .as I'd guess a lot of the infrastructure is already there on the ground for a flume (pumps, plumbing, etc. . )

My five cents...

►Chick-fil-A returns to its former home: Chicken sandwiches, waffle potato fries and hand-spun milkshakes are back. Chick-fil-A returns to FrontierTown in the former Frontier Inn.

Now I'll know where not to go, when I'm (ever) at the park, again.

My five cents...

►Chick-fil-A returns to its former home: Chicken sandwiches, waffle potato fries and hand-spun milkshakes are back. Chick-fil-A returns to FrontierTown in the former Frontier Inn.

Now I'll know where not to go, when I'm (ever) at the park, again.

Yep. It's not like the U.S. has a shortage of fried chicken, fries, and milkshakes. Pretty easy to find a person selling those who doesn't hate you.

Thanks for sharing that map, Mark! Love things like that. I'm guessing that bath house is where Wicked Twister is now?

I'm still waiting for the dumpster fire that is the Coasters Drive in to be replaced with some that can serve something decent. $11 for a crap burger when I can leave the park and go to McD's and get something with better quality is sad. At least the cooks screwed up my friends order and he got double fries.

The other changes sound good though. Curious about the replacement for Famous Daves.

I wonder if down the road they might just move the entrance that's between windseeker and breakers to where the stadium is. I know they're trying to make all their entrances nice and modern and I'm pretty sure that's the last "old" one.

It’s actually the first “new” one they did...they built it with Windseeker. The last old one just got replaced with the waterpark revamp.

I wonder if down the road they might just move the entrance that's between windseeker and breakers to where the stadium is. I know they're trying to make all their entrances nice and modern and I'm pretty sure that's the last "old" one.

It’s actually the first “new” one they did...they built it with Windseeker. The last old one just got replaced with the waterpark revamp.

Now that I think about it a bit more, I can picture it more clearly now. Oh well forget my idea.

The world is not in need of more homophobic chicken restaurants. Fortunately, there are enough places to eat at Cedar Point that don't involve hating about 700 million people.

The amusement park world is not in need of more crappy places serving chicken, that place that replaced Chick-Fil-A was horrible. Slow service and horrible food.

The world is not in need of more homophobic chicken restaurants. Fortunately, there are enough places to eat at Cedar Point that don't involve hating about 700 million people.

The amusement park world is not in need of more crappy places serving chicken, that place that replaced Chick-Fil-A was horrible. Slow service and horrible food.

Wonder why they didn't turn it into a Knott's Chicken Place. #Synergy

Wonder why they didn't turn it into a Knott's Chicken Place. #Synergy

Good God there fellow RCE, what an amazing idea. And what a way to link the parks together! I wouldn't go on and say do it at EVERY Cedar Fair park, in fact Cedar Point might be the only one to do it at. But if people don't like chicken at Cedar Point, and from what my experiences are with food at Cedar Point, I would have to agree, that would be a killer alternative.

Ms. Knott's Chicken at Cedar Point, what a novel idea.

You're supporting a company that donates to causes that want to take away your rights.

Then don't go. I don't think they'll miss your business. Every time I go there's a friggin' line so, your just another person not in front of me.

Why the hell are we talking about Chick Fil A? Priorities people...

Boardwalk construction progress continues, which will connect the front parking lot to the Cedar Point beach and back to Cedar Point Shores. A new "Sand Bar" will now be on the Boardwalk, featuring a full-service bar and “Beach Band” stage.

- Sandusky Register

In all seriousness, I've been waiting for this forever. It's insane to me that Cedar Point doesn't have more dining options that take advantage of their amazing setting. Famous Dave's is great if you sit outdoors, but it would be great to have another open air option on the lake side.

In all seriousness, I've been waiting for this forever.

I'm still waiting for a gourmet Mac n Cheese bowl place...

From that same article though, they're changing their marketing slogan to "A place like no other." Definitely an interesting choice. I much prefer the "America's Rockin' Roller Coast.

In all seriousness, I've been waiting for this forever.

I'm still waiting for a gourmet Mac n Cheese bowl place...

From that same article though, they're changing their marketing slogan to "A place like no other." Definitely an interesting choice. I much prefer the "America's Rockin' Roller Coast.

They do have a Mack and cheese place. It's right under the north skyride station(near coasters dinner).

Here is a review of it...

http://cpfoodblog.com/review-cedar-point-sky-ride-refreshments-pulled-pork-mac-and-cheese/

^^ This, Coasterbill. I cannot figure out why CP hasn't in many years taken advantage of that great setting on the beach side. Years ago, at the beginnings of the park, that was the focus. It's almost as if they tried to hide the beach for a long time.

LOVE the idea of a beach bar on the Lake Erie side! That's why I love the swim-up bar in the water park...if you didn't know any better, you could imagine being on an ocean-side beach with not a care in the world (but with a kick-ass amusement park at your fingertips).

That would be great if they could incorporate some of the old water swings and beach slides to bring more appeal to using Lake Erie. But...first they have to make it so that you could actually swim in it without the risk of becoming deathly sick from ingesting the blue green algae (blooms) commonly found in Lake Erie these days.

I am not sure how many times CP closes the beach from swimming each season for bacteria and algae, but it is a fairly common occurrence around these parts. Our Lake Chautauqua is so bad that the tourist season is really starting to hurt because boaters, fisherman and people wanting to just go for a swim can hardly do so without risk. I won't let my dog anywhere near it.

But let's keep letting people continue to use weed killer and pesticides to keep those pesky dandelions and clover out of their yards!

I actually thought the opposite. Our service at that place was fine last year, and it seemed as if the quality didn't take much of a hit because they were using most of the same kitchen equipment. Either way, my first 2018 visit will be on a Sunday, so I'm looking forward to one of the new places!

I'd love to hear more people's reaction to Melt and what they had when they visited.

It doesn't seem like too many people on here hit it up last year. Not sure if it was due to price, location or both?

I ate at it all the time, but I would show up at opening because I knew that they had staffing issues (surprise!) and there would be some hellacious waits for tables.