TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Great Escape (TGE) Discussion Thread

p. 34 - Bobcat wooden coaster announced for 2024!

Complete Pandemonium Is On Its Way

Pandemonium_in_Action.thumb.jpg.e92a487d8c8f2a1cc3fd5084fe2b426b.jpg

LAKE GEORGE, N.Y.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Great Escape today announced its newest addition for 2018, Pandemonium. This sensational spin on a classic thrill ride will have guests catching maximum air and experiencing 360-degrees of adrenaline-packed excitement. The non-stop twisting and turning of Pandemonium will deliver fun for families of all ages.

“Six Flags is the leader in thrill ride innovations and well-known for introducing amazing rides and attractions in every park, every year,” said Six Flags Great Escape Resort President Eric Gilbert. “Pandemonium is a classic family thrill ride with a unique, modern spin—guaranteed to deliver a heart-pounding experience for riders of all ages while re-energizing the popular Alpine Fest area in the center of our beautiful park.”

Pandemonium will seat 24 riders in a “face-out” position and begin to lift, spin and tilt at all angles. It quickly accelerates faster and faster to maximum speed, whirling guests through seemingly endless rotations of spinning insanity. An electrifying light package will dazzle onlookers and complement the twisting, twirling mayhem of the ride itself.

Fast Facts about Pandemonium:

This spinning classic thrill ride seats 24 people in a face-out position;

360 degrees of twirling mayhem in a counter-clockwise rotation;

Maximum speeds and multiple sets of swirling insanity; and

Dazzling lights illuminate the entire area and provide mesmerizing fun for onlookers below.

533759132_ScreenShot2017-08-31at05_29_04.thumb.png.f9e0b611ab650d3d0f0ec515f054194e.png

512668757_ScreenShot2017-08-31at05_29_14.thumb.png.50821d53bea203282a26f296aa76e56d.png

Edited by robbalvey

^ I was about to ask if they still had their Trabant.

Quassy added a version by SBF last year with the same seating arrangement so it's cool to see another one of these pop up. No new coaster again, but the park adds another solid flat ride to their lineup.

I suppose it's taking the space of the old Trabant then? I had to chuckle when I saw they left the ride platform there sans ride vehicle and used it as a dining patio. I think that's gone now though.

So, it's like a modern Chaos?! If so: I'm loving this!!! Chaos was/is still my all time favorite flat ride!!!

My first thought, too! I only got to ride one of those once, way back in 2006,

at a (now closed) UK park on a TPR Tour. It was fun. From what I remember.

I get that its upsetting that TGE hasn't gotten a new coaster, but I'm honestly really glad that the park hasn't been flagged. Everything there is so unique, and they seem to take pride in their old story town history by restoring many artifacts from the past. TGE reminds me a lot of Lake Compounce and Canobie Lake Park, and that's a good thing!

Overall, another solid addition to the park. Sure, its not the overdue coaster, but it's a good thrill ride and great for families.

Considering we shouldn't expect TGE to get a roller coaster anytime soon, and they could've gotten nothing at all or a repaint of something... This is a cool addition, I got to try Quassy's one this summer (granted it's an SBF but similar nonetheless) and it was a ton of fun, so I'm glad I'll have one closer to my home.

• 4 months later...

Yup, and it didn't work.

This park has a different demographic than every other park in the chain. Nobody lives there and it relies almost entirely on tourists. That's great in the summer, but impractical in the winter. I really think that page is referring to the Holiday at the Lodge event.

That page just links to a general SF HITP page but when you click on Great Escape page not found, same as with Great America. All the other links take you to each parks respective HITP page.

• 5 weeks later...

https://www.sixflags.com/greatescape/store/season-passes

More HITP clues: All the season passes got updated to say "Includes park admission to Holiday in the Park," and I double checked the parks without HITP to see if it was just a generic season pass spiel, but the non-HITP parks don't mention it, so I'm guessing HITP 2.0 is happening

Yup, and it didn't work.

This park has a different demographic than every other park in the chain. Nobody lives there and it relies almost entirely on tourists. That's great in the summer, but impractical in the winter. I really think that page is referring to the Holiday at the Lodge event.

I agree this is my home park and I've been to Lake George in the winter and its absolutely dead, all the shops are closed and no one is walking around. Its actually quite creepy.

I double checked the parks without HITP to see if it was just a generic season pass spiel, but the non-HITP parks don't mention it, so I'm guessing HITP 2.0 is happening

SFGAm doesn't have HITP and our season pass page says the same thing:

Right but Great Escape and Great America were the 2 parks that popped up on the HITP home page, and were then quickly removed; so it makes even more sense now that Great Escape and Great America are probably getting HITP now that it's listed on both their season passes.

Edit: Ah, okay yeah poor wording by me in my original post. All the parks have it except La Ronde, Mexico, GE, and GAm, so La Ronde and Mexico were the parks I was referring to. But yeah, my point still stands that it makes sense now that GE and GAm will get it.