Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

P. 645 - Batman: The Ride Roller Coaster for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

Postby Fuego » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:47 pm

TM3988 wrote:
EliHorton wrote:Is there any updates on Harley Quinn's Crazy Coaster?

I was just going to ask this! I'm wondering if the track has been shipped yet.

The supports should be done being made soon as pictures have been posted to facebook and the footer rebar is about to be shipped to the park soon I believe according to SkyLine. The ride will however be put together in Orlando first for testing then shipped to the park according to Skyline.

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby TM3988 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:50 am

Fuego wrote:
TM3988 wrote:
EliHorton wrote:Is there any updates on Harley Quinn's Crazy Coaster?

I was just going to ask this! I'm wondering if the track has been shipped yet.

The supports should be done being made soon as pictures have been posted to facebook and the footer rebar is about to be shipped to the park soon I believe according to SkyLine. The ride will however be put together in Orlando first for testing then shipped to the park according to Skyline.

Really? Did they not test it before they sold it? That seems odd.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby sfkk » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:33 pm

Just a mistake or a potential rebranding?
44DB4FE6-EC87-49A4-A714-E2BB60D30265.png

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby ABW » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:32 pm

At first I was wondering what looked wrong. Then I realized "Hurricane Harbor." Yeah, it'd make sense, I guess. Notwithstanding, I refuse to feel excited about this Six Flags re-purchase of the Concord water park (whatever they end up calling it,) until they actually invest in something worthwhile that the park didn't already have. Putting in another kids area doesn't sell it for me.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Cat Woman » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:57 pm

My boyfriend (ABW) and I went to SFDK today and had a great time. We rode all the major rides and were surprised at the super cool shark exhibit they had. There were literally no lines aside from Joker which had a 15-20 minute wait.

Medusa x4
Kong x1
SkyScreamer x1
V2 x1
Joker x2
Wonder Woman x1
Taz x1
Superman x2

Ouch! Superman in the third row hurts! We were happy to leave after that but overall had a great time. Would recommend ;)

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby singemfrc » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:54 am

Cat Woman wrote:My boyfriend (ABW) and I went to SFDK today and had a great time. We rode all the major rides and were surprised at the super cool shark exhibit they had. There were literally no lines aside from Joker which had a 15-20 minute wait.

Medusa x4
Kong x1
SkyScreamer x1
V2 x1
Joker x2
Wonder Woman x1
Taz x1
Superman x2

Ouch! Superman in the third row hurts! We were happy to leave after that but overall had a great time. Would recommend ;)

You might be the first person to ride Kong and decided that something else was more painful. Superman can get a little painful though on your legs depending on how the restraints fit you. For future reference, row 6 is the best on Superman, you get a really nice pop of air when the train whips you over the hill.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Cat Woman » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:56 am

^Lol, I know Kong is way worse, but I think everyone knows that, so I just left that out. Yes, Kong is worse compared to Superman.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:56 pm

I can't remember the last time I rode Kong. The painful memories still keep me away.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby mark549 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:12 am

jray21 wrote:I can't remember the last time I rode Kong. The painful memories still keep me away.

Several years ago I accompanied my niece and her friend at SFDK. We enjoyed Medusa and V2. My niece's friend was skeptical of Kong, having read the description somewhere that it was a Hang and Bang. I said I'd ride it with them but otherwise have had my lifetime quota of rides on it. We didn't ride.

I guess it still attracts enough riders to stay standing and / or is cheap to maintain.

I like the design of the replacement at Knotts for their old Boomerang. Perhaps Gerstlauer (or RMC) could design something that could fit in a Hang and Bang footprint, although that might not have sufficient Return on Investment.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby grsupercity » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:20 am

mark549 wrote:
jray21 wrote:I can't remember the last time I rode Kong. The painful memories still keep me away.

Several years ago I accompanied my niece and her friend at SFDK. We enjoyed Medusa and V2. My niece's friend was skeptical of Kong, having read the description somewhere that it was a Hang and Bang. I said I'd ride it with them but otherwise have had my lifetime quota of rides on it. We didn't ride.

I guess it still attracts enough riders to stay standing and / or is cheap to maintain.

I like the design of the replacement at Knotts for their old Boomerang. Perhaps Gerstlauer (or RMC) could design something that could fit in a Hang and Bang footprint, although that might not have sufficient Return on Investment.

They would be better off having Vekoma retrack it like they did with the great Nor'Easter and put the new vest trains on it. Paint it green and call it the killer croc
Best Wood Lightning Rod....Goliath SFGAM....Shivering Timbers....Storm Chaser...Voyage
Best Steel Maverick...Lighting Run.....Montu...Mako..Fury...Afterburn...Manta
Honorable mentions Kumba..Raging Bull..Legend..Cornball..M Force..Rapter..Mr Freeze

You know what....Way to many good coasters the best :lmao:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!