The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Pg 5042 - CraZanity Announced for 2018!
Users viewing this topic: Google [Bot], jtaudioacc and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Postby jonskinny12 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:07 pm

coneyislandchris wrote:
jonskinny12 wrote:One other thing I didn't mention before is Revolution is currently Revolution Classic, meaning no VR. According to a ride op they took off VR while they "switch the video". So I finally got my first ride on it since they redid the trains. Huge difference, of course.

YESSSSSS. I'll be out there next Monday, didn't get to ride it last year when I visited so I'm really looking forward to this sans VR. Thanks for the heads up!

Hopefully they still have it off for you next week! They didn't specify if it would be back soon for Halloween or if it will be off until Holiday in the Park. I believe they had it on for Fright Fest last year but I can't remember when exactly that happened.

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby anonymouscactus » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:32 pm

MagicMountainMan wrote:Green Lantern has been down pretty much every single slow day and I think even some weekends these last few months.

It was closed a few Saturdays ago when we were there. Luckily it was the only ride closed that we came across, as I have yet to hear a single good about that ride, lol.

Postby joelwee » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:42 pm

Here's a ride-ops related question I've been pondering recently.

Earlier this year, I waited in a 3-hour line for X2. It was a Sunday, BAFF Day, 1-train ops. The line was all the way to the end of the queue when we got in line. The second train was removed while we were in line, due to technical difficulties. I was there with some friends and we didn't realize the 1-train situation until after we'd been in line for a while, but we all really wanted to ride, so we stuck it out.

Anyway, we didn't get on until 10 minutes before the park closed, and I noticed the line was still stretching all the way to the end of the queue, meaning it would take another 3 hours to get everyone through. What do the ride ops do in a situation like this? I really doubt that they'd keep the ride ops employees there an extra 3 hours. How long do they keep going before they shut it down for the night?
1) Twisted Colossus 2) X2 3) XCelerator 4) Tatsu 5) YOLOcoaster 6) Viper 7) Batman 8) Matterhorn Bobsleds 9) Apocalypse 10) Ghost Rider
Coaster count: 34 (SFMM, KBF, Disneyland, DCA, Legoland)
Seat, don't fail me now!

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby alexinla » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:57 pm

From my experience they rope off the line, but everyone that is already in line will be able to ride

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby josephcissell » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:06 am

joelwee wrote:Here's a ride-ops related question I've been pondering recently.

Earlier this year, I waited in a 3-hour line for X2. It was a Sunday, BAFF Day, 1-train ops. The line was all the way to the end of the queue when we got in line. The second train was removed while we were in line, due to technical difficulties. I was there with some friends and we didn't realize the 1-train situation until after we'd been in line for a while, but we all really wanted to ride, so we stuck it out.

Anyway, we didn't get on until 10 minutes before the park closed, and I noticed the line was still stretching all the way to the end of the queue, meaning it would take another 3 hours to get everyone through. What do the ride ops do in a situation like this? I really doubt that they'd keep the ride ops employees there an extra 3 hours. How long do they keep going before they shut it down for the night?

I can’t speak to MM policies specifically as I’ve never been to this park, but in my experiences at other Six Flags parks, they usually close off the line and let everyone that was in line shortly before close get a ride. Funny enough, some of the best ops I’ve ever seen in my life happened at Goliath at SFOG when the crew had an hourlong line at park close. :lmao:

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby VegasBaby » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:16 am

alexinla wrote:From my experience they rope off the line, but everyone that is already in line will be able to ride

This has been my experience as well. As long as you're in line before park close, you get to ride.
Coaster Count: 187 Last Coaster: Mako
Top Ten: 1) Superman:TR 2) Millennium Force 3) X2 4) Skyrush 5) Twisted Colossus 6) Maverick 7) Top Thrill Dragster 8) Mako 9) Lightning Rod 10) Storm Runner

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:20 am

Yeah, they'd have to run that through. The line would move a little faster though since there'd be no more Flash Pass, exit passes or ADA Passes.

MagicMountainMan wrote:Green Lantern has been down pretty much every single slow day and I think even some weekends these last few months.

Good.

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby Thrillseeker321 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:37 pm

From my experience, it seems like every time I get in line for a coaster at MM right before closing, and the line is well over an hour long, the ride will run for 20-30 minutes only to go down for "technical difficulties". Hence why I don't stand in line for rides near park closing anymore.

Postby joelwee » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:37 pm

coasterbill wrote:Yeah, they'd have to run that through. The line would move a little faster though since there'd be no more Flash Pass, exit passes or ADA Passes.

There were a lot of Flash Passes that day, which just added gas to the 1-train dumpster fire. Still, that was probably a 2-hour line, and I'm surprised parks would keep rides open that long after park closing. Kudos to the ride ops, if they actually did it.

Thrillseeker321 wrote:From my experience, it seems like every time I get in line for a coaster at MM right before closing, and the line is well over an hour long, the ride will run for 20-30 minutes only to go down for "technical difficulties". Hence why I don't stand in line for rides near park closing anymore.

That's happened to me a couple of times, with X2 and Tatsu. On the other hand, it's not unusual for TNR to still be running (with VR), with an hour-long line, long after the other rides have closed up for the night.
1) Twisted Colossus 2) X2 3) XCelerator 4) Tatsu 5) YOLOcoaster 6) Viper 7) Batman 8) Matterhorn Bobsleds 9) Apocalypse 10) Ghost Rider
Coaster count: 34 (SFMM, KBF, Disneyland, DCA, Legoland)
Seat, don't fail me now!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:18 am

Thrillseeker321 wrote:From my experience, it seems like every time I get in line for a coaster at MM right before closing, and the line is well over an hour long, the ride will run for 20-30 minutes only to go down for "technical difficulties". Hence why I don't stand in line for rides near park closing anymore.

Assuming it's not legitimate and you just have horrendous luck, that's pretty much the most "Magic Mountain" thing ever. :lol:

PreviousNext