TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

I'm at the park today. All I see is a crane underneath the ride and no activity or track removed.

Does the crane say Rocky Mountain Construction?

From what I saw of it, the crane was orange and belonged to a general contractor. I'm sure RMC trucks will show up this week or by the end of the month. It sounds like I'll be at the park next Sunday at some point, and I'll know then.

For real. So far this has literally followed the exact same chain of events as every other SF RMC. Not to mention if they were tearing it down, it wouldn't have had markers all over it, and they would have started removing it by now.

A new teaser was posted by the park not too long ago over on their facebook page.

Though I'm not able to post it, it seems to be pointing towards an S&S Freespin.... or it could be a red herring just to throw us all off (I'm still leaning towards an RMC redo of Cyclone but I'm a little torn between the two at the moment).

Edited by Jccoasterfan

I have been kinda iffy on the RMC Cyclone from the beginning. I think there is a high possibility, but there are many thing that could happen.

That's pretty much what I've been thinking as well. I know that this has followed similar timelines of other Six Flags parks when it comes to their RMC's but I have this gut feeling that a conversion may not happen. I still have my fingers crossed...

Is everyone forgetting that there is a RMC "themed" to Joker already? Not outside the range of possibility for SF to do it again.

Let's not forget the park already has two Joker themed/named coasters.

Teasers are usually designed to throw people off. If they are replacing Cyclone w/ a freespin, do we really think they're gonna make it that obvious already?

Yeah, I'm still convinced it's a RMC conversion, but we'll know for sure in 2 weeks.

I completely agree. I think that if they were to tear this thing down, especially considering that it was built in 1990, similar to Mean Streak, Texas Giant, Rattler, and Hurler, that only makes it seem more realistic. If they were to pull another rolling thunder which was torn down for zumanjaro and instead but in a 4D Free Spin that wouldn't be "innovation at its finest", especially since this is on a master plan created in 2013-2014 when six flags started to get lots of RMC's and even Gene Petriello said in his video to coaster addict that you could almost tell by his wording it would be an RMC. Also, referring to older information about one person who said that the cyclone would preserve the same wood it has for 27 years seems pretty accurate because he knew they were closing it because insiders from the park knew people didn't like this ride so they closed it to convert it to an RMC. The teaser is just to throw us off especially because of the red arrow but I also noticed there were also 2 green fidget spinners and 2 purple fidget spinners that resemble the joker 4d coaster which I swear if that replaces Cyclone I will literally never go to six flags over Georgia again and then all those bobble heads were there to throw us off.

Yeah, I'm still convinced it's a RMC conversion, but we'll know for sure in 2 weeks.

I completely agree. I think that if they were to tear this thing down, especially considering that it was built in 1990, similar to Mean Streak, Texas Giant, Rattler, and Hurler, that only makes it seem more realistic. If they were to pull another rolling thunder which was torn down for zumanjaro and instead but in a 4D Free Spin that wouldn't be "innovation at its finest", especially since this is on a master plan created in 2013-2014 when six flags started to get lots of RMC's and even Gene Petriello said in his video to coaster addict that you could almost tell by his wording it would be an RMC. Also, referring to older information about one person who said that the cyclone would preserve the same wood it has for 27 years seems pretty accurate because he knew they were closing it because insiders from the park knew people didn't like this ride so they closed it to convert it to an RMC. The teaser is just to throw us off especially because of the red arrow but I also noticed there were also 2 green fidget spinners and 2 purple fidget spinners that resemble the joker 4d coaster which I swear if that replaces Cyclone I will literally never go to six flags over Georgia again and then all those bobble heads were there to throw us off.

I meant put instead of but on the 3rd line lol autocorrect

How long does it take to construct a Free Spin? If I remember correctly in the SFOT forum their Free Spin went up pretty fast. Why would they close GC so early for a Free Spin that could be built when closed between January and March.

I think I figured out the teasers it's the five year plan that they say the park is on. last weak it was hurricane harbor 2014 and yesterday it was the joker and Hartley Quinn spinsanity 2015. So next it will have something to do with bug bunny boom town or dc super friends 2016. Last it will be something to do with the justice league.

I think I figured out the teasers it's the five year plan that they say the park is on. last weak it was hurricane harbor 2014 and yesterday it was the joker and Hartley Quinn spinsanity 2015. So next it will have something to do with bug bunny boom town or dc super friends 2016. Last it will be something to do with the justice league.

Good Thinking.